[Review] Ace3DS X

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by el_ssbb_boy, Oct 27, 2017.

1. el_ssbb_boy
    OP

el_ssbb_boy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Spain
    Ace3DS X Review
    [​IMG]
    Manufactured by: Team Ace3DS - www.ace3ds.com
    Sample unit supplied by: game4deal.com
    By el_ssbb_boy​

Index

• Introduction
    • Features
    • Content
    • Preparation
    • Compatibility
    • Advantages and disadvantages
    • Conclusion

Introduction

This flashcard has the function of playing Nintendo DS games backups and homebrew.

If it hadn’t any new features this review would be senseless. As a new feature it comes with compatibility with NTRBootHax without need of flashing the flashcard. You can change between DS mode and 3DS Mode by changing the position of a switch.
    • DS Mode: Use Nintendo DS games backups and homebrew.
    • 3DS Mode: Use NTRBootHax
    Its price is usually around 18€.

Features

• Support, in the moment of the review:
      • Nintendo DS
      • Nintendo DS Lite
      • DSi (XL) V1.4.5
      • (NEW) 2DS / 3DS (XL) 11.6.0
    • NTRBootHax preflashed.
    • You can use the flashcard as a regular flashcard or you can use NTRBootHax just changing the position of a switch.
    • Ace3DS team provides Wood firmware in the official webpage.
    • Kernel is also available with emulators.
    • Support lots of commercial roms and homebrews.
    • Auto detect the game save data size.
    • Built-in DLDI Auto-Patching, auto patch homebrew.
    • Running different SD cards at high speed.
    • Support SDHC.
    • Support Slot-2, GBA package, Rumble Pack and other devices.
    • Support Wi-Fi game, Download Play.
    • Multi-language.
    • Multi-skin.
    • Support soft-reset.
    • Support cheats.
    • Moonshell included in AOS (available in the official webpage).
    • No timebomb, I tried this flashcard using date of 2050 in a New 3DS.
    Content

• Ace3DS X
    • Adapter microSD - USB
    • Magnet

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Preparation

Get ready for first use.
    At first, you must format your microSD card using FAT32 format. Important, ACE3DS team warns that you must use a microSD card to use mode3DS in order to use NTRBootHax.

[​IMG]

Then you must download the flashcard kernel: http://ace3ds.com/ace-3ds-download.html
    You can optionally download it with emulators.

Mirror Ace Wood firmware 1.62 without emulators: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iv9j78pv580h8p9
    Mirror AOS V2.13 (Ace Wood firmware 1.62) with emulators: https://www.mediafire.com/file/yq16bplctnnalh3

[​IMG]

It’s compressed, so you have to extract it and copy it into the root directory of your microSD card. Files must be as shown:

[​IMG]

Put the microSD card into the ACE3DS and it’s ready to be used.

If you want to use NTRBootHax, change the position of the switch to 3DS mode and that’s all.

Guide for NTRBootHax: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

Compatibility

It works with a lot of commercial roms and emulators. Most of problematic games work. Software compatible with ACE3DS Plus is compatible with ACE3DS X.

As I’ve read that some games like Pokemon White 2 don’t work, I’ve tried it and I can confirm they work with the latest kernel update.

I've tried it playing for a while without any problem related with crashing or not getting experience. Where I got the game it was not mentioned to be patched.
    It's a game released in 2012, and the latest kernel was released in 2013. So it must be compatible without patches.

Advantages and disadvantages

Advantages:
    • Preflashed to be used with NTRBootHax.
    • As it has a switch to change modes It’s not necessary to flash it again to use it in DS mode.
    • Magnet included.
    • WoodR4 adapted by Ace3DS team.
    • No timebomb. Other flashcards stop working when a concrete date is passed, this flashcard is free of this problem.
    • Good compatibility.

Disadvantages:
    • WoodR4 support is not official from WoodR4 team.
    • Latest kernel was released in2013, although there are not any problems to be solved.

Conclusion

If it’s going to be used for NTRBootHax is a very good option as you don’t need to flash it again and it’s easy to use. It also has everything you need for the process.

Compatibility is also high and ACE3DS team has always been there.

Where to buy?

Digimartz: http://www.digimartz.com/ace3ds-x-support-3dsds-mode_p1311.html
    Digibayz: http://www.digibayz.com/831-ace3ds-x-para-cargar-3ds-ds-juegos.html
    Game4Deal - to buy +10 units: http://www.game4deal.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69_70&products_id=591
    3DSjuegos: http://3dsjuegos.net/433-ace3ds-x-ntrboot.html

Last edited by el_ssbb_boy, Nov 7, 2017
    Sheeeld234 likes this.
  2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    Quantumcat likes this.
  3. Eix

Eix GBAtemp's Best Christmas Waifu

May 27, 2017
    United States
    Vanilmirth
    BUT CAN I FLASH MY OWN PAYLOADS TO IT???

4. el_ssbb_boy
    OP

el_ssbb_boy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Spain
    It has two integrated circuits (FPGAs in this case, so it should be reprogrammable). The switch lets you choose the integrated circuit you want to use. One lets you use it as a normal flashcard and the one for 3DS mode has NTRBootHax preflashed.
    I've not tried to dump it or reflash it. But it's probably (I could say this for sure) the possibilities are the same that you have with any other NTRBootHax compatible flashcard.

5. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    Kinda hoping that this will help the developers support Ace3DS in flashcart_core

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Have you tested if pokemon white/black edition 2 has the XP bug (where you pokemon can't get beyond the level which you catched them on)?

7. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    That was not a bug it was anti piracy protection and was also in black/white not just the second games

8. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I mean it's kind of a bug but more in the flashcard kernel. According to my Ace3DS X tests the card has this bug/issue which should be mentioned if the review states "As I’ve read that some games like Pokemon White 2 don’t work, I’ve tried it and I can confirm they work with the latest kernel update.".

9. el_ssbb_boy
    OP

el_ssbb_boy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Spain
    I'll check it. Thanks for warning about it.

I've not tried it yet without patches, but there is a patched version of that backup. So there's no problem about this game.

Last edited by el_ssbb_boy, Oct 27, 2017
  10. Technicmaster0

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, sure there is a patched version. But you can't say that a game is compatible if it needs a patch. That way you could say that cards from 2007 which require a patch for every game have an excelent compatibility.

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Oct 27, 2017
  11. el_ssbb_boy
    OP

el_ssbb_boy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Spain
    I'm sure most of those cards you mention couldn't even run the game patched if it's not through a kernel update.

Edit:
    I've tried it playing for a while without any problem related with crashing or not getting experience. Where I got the game it was not mentioned to be patched.
    It's a game released in 2012, and the latest kernel was released in 2013. So it must be compatible without patches.

Last edited by el_ssbb_boy, Oct 27, 2017
  12. Sheeeld234

Sheeeld234 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2014
    United States
    If it can be switch 3DS mode to DS mode directly, i will prefer this one.

13. Mark2333

Mark2333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Yes, from the official site, it says the Ace3ds X can be switched between DS and NTRboot modes easily by only pushing a button on the card of the card. However, due to its price and shipment, I still can't decide Ace3ds X and R4I B9S, which to choose in 3ds-flashcard site. The site gets R4I B9S in USA but not ACE3DS X.

14. el_ssbb_boy
    OP

el_ssbb_boy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2015
    Spain
    You could try in other stores.
    I've listed some stores in which it is a bit cheaper.

Personally, I've only bought once in digibayz paying through PayPal and everything went well. In any case, all those stores must be reliable.

I think having ntrboot loader preflashed and having a switch to change the mode is really worth it.

15. Mark2333

Mark2333 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    United States
    Thanks, the 3ds-flashcard is also accepting paypal and credit card payment and I already e-mailed them to get a discount, save 5 dollars, it's enough for me. Because I bought from them ever, currently don't want to change.

16. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
  17. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Well i bought a N2DSXL today with 11.4 Firm on it, my AK2i and R4Ultra don't work on it, so i ordered this card for NTRboot :)

18. Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2009
    United States
    By any chance, has anyone who has used this card also have a R4i Gold Plus? Have been considering getting either that or this, but I can't find any decent reviews from people who have used both.

19. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    They really should have worked. You should have tried to troubleshoot instead of wasting money.
    Out of all 6 3ds models. The new2ds is probably the trickiest. You have to be patient and keep trying.

20. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    The r4i gold plus is a better cart, but its a bit harder to get to the switch. i got the ace3ds X for free, so... :)

21. Zaphod77
    This message by Zaphod77 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 20, 2017.
    Nov 15, 2017
  22. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    I think it's more that both cards are broken i think, they don't work descent in my other systems, even my older DSi models, the used to work perfect, but now no system recognizes the cards, so no way to get ntrboot on it even.
    and not really wasted, was looking for a new card to play old NDS games on my 3Ds systems anyway but thanks for the headsup :)

zoogie likes this.