• Likes 1

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That was not a bug it was anti piracy protection and was also in black/white not just the second games
I mean it's kind of a bug but more in the flashcard kernel. According to my Ace3DS X tests the card has this bug/issue which should be mentioned if the review states "As I’ve read that some games like Pokemon White 2 don’t work, I’ve tried it and I can confirm they work with the latest kernel update.".

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll check it. Thanks for warning about it.

I've not tried it yet without patches, but there is a patched version of that backup. So there's no problem about this game.
Yeah, sure there is a patched version. But you can't say that a game is compatible if it needs a patch. That way you could say that cards from 2007 which require a patch for every game have an excelent compatibility.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, from the official site, it says the Ace3ds X can be switched between DS and NTRboot modes easily by only pushing a button on the card of the card. However, due to its price and shipment, I still can't decide Ace3ds X and R4I B9S, which to choose in 3ds-flashcard site. The site gets R4I B9S in USA but not ACE3DS X.

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try in other stores.
I've listed some stores in which it is a bit cheaper.

Personally, I've only bought once in digibayz paying through PayPal and everything went well. In any case, all those stores must be reliable.

I think having ntrboot loader preflashed and having a switch to change the mode is really worth it.
Thanks, the 3ds-flashcard is also accepting paypal and credit card payment and I already e-mailed them to get a discount, save 5 dollars, it's enough for me. Because I bought from them ever, currently don't want to change.

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance, has anyone who has used this card also have a R4i Gold Plus? Have been considering getting either that or this, but I can't find any decent reviews from people who have used both.

zoogie

playing around in the dsiware
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well i bought a N2DSXL today with 11.4 Firm on it, my AK2i and R4Ultra don't work on it, so i ordered this card for NTRboot :)
They really should have worked. You should have tried to troubleshoot instead of wasting money.
Out of all 6 3ds models. The new2ds is probably the trickiest. You have to be patient and keep trying.

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The r4i gold plus is a better cart, but its a bit harder to get to the switch. i got the ace3ds X for free, so... :)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
They really should have worked. You should have tried to troubleshoot instead of wasting money.
Out of all 6 3ds models. The new2ds is probably the trickiest. You have to be patient and keep trying.

I think it's more that both cards are broken i think, they don't work descent in my other systems, even my older DSi models, the used to work perfect, but now no system recognizes the cards, so no way to get ntrboot on it even.
and not really wasted, was looking for a new card to play old NDS games on my 3Ds systems anyway but thanks for the headsup :)

Reactions: zoogie
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah, the most obviously deranged indication of this are the heavy-duty console warriors
    Gift
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    It happens outside of gaming it's just life
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah, fanbois will fanboi
    Gift
    Kinda makes me sad everyone is believing in emulation gives less of a reason for consoles to exist
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    I appreciate the convenience of emulation - but at the same time there is a feeling you get from using original hardware that's hard to match.
    Gift
    I feel like consoles will always be here just less of a demand
    Gift
    Next gen will probably be all portable
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Some things (like Super Famicom games) just feel right when you play them using the original hardware and a CRT
    Gift
    The PS tablet
    Gift
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    switches the box from tv to game
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Not so sure about that - the tendency for "graphics uber alles" tends to lead to very high power consumption
    Gift
    If you look at what's now portability graphics are catching up to console quality
    Gift
    Nintendy is a huge example of not everyone caring about powerful specs most that do will be hardcore PC players anyway
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    The thing is that the IATA rules impose a pretty hard limit of 100Wh on battery sizes for lithium batteries - and it doesn't look like Li is going away soon
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    So if you want (say) 4 hours of runtime you need a maximum system-level power consumption of 25W
    Gift
    Yeah but we already have AAA titles looking fine on tablet form 1080p displays
    Gift
    Human eye can only tell so much of a difference
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    For reference, the PS5 is rated at 350W and the Xbox series X at 275W - and that's console only, without any display
    Gift
    But the future always holds performance never know what the aliens will donate from their left over tech
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Maybe :) - but batteries have turned out to be a pretty hard problem
    Gift
    Like I said most that will truly care will already be hard core gaming pcers
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    And DF subscribers :)
    Gift
    I bet you could find a neighbor with a ps5 and they'd have no idea what the word spec means
    Gift
  • T @ trimesh:
    Yeah probably - people on forums seem to care a lot, but they are heavily self-selected
    Gift
    Most on forums try to get a good learning of actual tech
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Most on forums try to get a good learning of actual tech