Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
tranfeer said:
But you can say we are telling a lie.
How can we prove what we have done?
Is it necessary for us to invite all of you to our working room to check our computers?
If what you released is really the source, then when it's compiled it would match the firmware you're distributing on your site.

tranfeer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Rydian said:
tranfeer said:
But you can say we are telling a lie.
How can we prove what we have done?
Is it necessary for us to invite all of you to our working room to check our computers?
If what you released is really the source, then when it's compiled it would match the firmware you're distributing on your site.
Just according to this,can you draw this conclusion?
Oh my god.Don't forget the final image is made up of wood r4 source ,some LIBs and arm toolchains.
Are you sure all of your the Libs and arm toolchains are the same as ours?
We have to tell a truth that the image we get from the wood r4 sources(without any changes) is also much different from the one downloaded from filetrip.
Can you tell us the reason.
That's all.
It's our responsibility to release the source under GPL.
It's not our responsibility to explain once and once again.
It's not our responsibility to tell the process how we get the image.
Just do what you want to do.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
tranfeer said:
Xenon++ said:
Xenon++ said:
lol

void ioRpgEraseFatTable(u32 address )
{
}

void ioRpgWriteFat32Table(u32 address, u32 *data, u32 length )
{
}

If you are interested in, try http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xeno.../woodr4idsn.nds

Ok,now,let us give an explanation on these two funcitons listed above.
These two functions are included in the r4ids gold lib which is created by us for years.During compliling,this lib is linked to the image of wood r4,just like the way
you make use of libnds.We think this lib has nothing to do with wood r4 project.Would you agree with us?
Besides,all files included in wood r4 project have been released.
And the most important thing is that if you have interest in porting it to other cards,just follow the source released and replace some functions with your own,you can also do it.
That's all.

You replaced all of 0xD5 commands with 0xAB in the source but in your compiled binary they are still 0xD5 so something has seriously gone wrong with the source release.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
tranfeer said:
Xenon++ said:
Xenon++ said:
lol

void ioRpgEraseFatTable(u32 address )
{
}

void ioRpgWriteFat32Table(u32 address, u32 *data, u32 length )
{
}

If you are interested in, try http://leafmoon.users.sourceforge.net/xeno.../woodr4idsn.nds

Ok,now,let us give an explanation on these two funcitons listed above.
These two functions are included in the r4ids gold lib which is created by us for years.During compliling,this lib is linked to the image of wood r4,just like the way
you make use of libnds.We think this lib has nothing to do with wood r4 project.Would you agree with us?
Besides,all files included in wood r4 project have been released.
And the most important thing is that if you have interest in porting it to other cards,just follow the source released and replace some functions with your own,you can also do it.
That's all.

You replaced all of 0xD5 commands with 0xAB in the source but in your compiled binary they are still 0xD5 so something has seriously gone wrong with the source release.

If YWG AND Normatt say something is wrong, well... something is wrong. This really needs to get sorted out of the R4i Gold team is in deep deep shit.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I doubt they will ever release the 'actual' source, I imagine it's because they don't want the 'other' R4i Golds using it.

You can't cherry pick open source, it's all or nothing.

blueshockz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gifts.kudosnetwork.co.uk
XP
Country
United States
r4igold official firmware is better than the wood R4 but the latest 1.38 doesnt play game so i go back to 1.37. theres no need of this wood r4 since the official have great menu than this skinnable wood r4. its better than akaio because it have a game and moonshell menu, good cheat menu selection and all games really play smoothly and finish it without any problem.

blueshockz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gifts.kudosnetwork.co.uk
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
blueshockz said:
its better than akaio
No. It isn't.

Yes it is. Im also a ak2i owner but i use my R4igold because even new games that have been release works perfectly. And akaio doesnt even have the menu for moonshell. I can say that game compatible is the same but for interface menu,easy and touch navigation,cheat menu selection,R4igold wins.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't say it better than akaio
but the R4i gold team has been pretty active with their firmware updates and some games that don't work on wood does work using the official kernel 1.37
but I much prefer wood, I want to see 1.14.2 on R4i gold

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blueshockz said:
Yes it is. Im also a ak2i owner but i use my R4igold because even new games that have been release works perfectly. And akaio doesnt even have the menu for moonshell. I can say that game compatible is the same but for interface menu,easy and touch navigation,cheat menu selection,R4igold wins.
Wood doesn't have the Moonshell menu either.
You can run Moonshell2 if you want the menu on both AKAIO and Wood.

Or do you mean the 'Moonshell style' look where it shows the big icon + name?
If so, press Select in either Wood or AKAIO to switch between small icon + filename // large icon + filename ('moonshell like') // large icon + internal name & info (better than moonshell).

All in all, I think I DO like Wood better than AKAIO, but that's because I like to run ACTUAL Moonshell2 as my default menu and on my real R4 I can use a faster loader for Wood while on my AK2i with AKAIO it has to load the whole GUI first THEN load the game (just takes longer, but bugs me a little).

Whether you think AKAIO or Wood is better, you can't deny that they're both excellent.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
blueshockz said:
And akaio doesnt even have the menu for moonshell.

i personally find it absolutely hilarious that you find their firmware to be better than akaio based 1 button that makes you 100% lazy by launching moonshell *for you*. the thought that you actually believe what you typed is utterly humorous for me. thank you for making me laugh so much my eyes watered.

-another world

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
blueshockz said:
its better than akaio because it have a game and moonshell menuMoonshell is a free homebrew program, you can run it on any flash cart that supports homebrew. I don't know WHAT the Gold team told you, but that's how it actually is.

blueshockz said:
good cheat menu selectionHow is it better than AKAIOs? Hell, with AKAIO you can update your cheats over wifi from a database people update automatically for new games and codes.

QUOTE(blueshockz @ Oct 24 2010, 08:40 AM)
and all games really play smoothly and finish it without any problem.
What version of AKAIO are you using? After 1.5 came 1.6 RC1, 1.6 RC2, 1.7, 1.7.1, 1.8, and now 1.8.1 (which plays all the recent games).

blueshockz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gifts.kudosnetwork.co.uk
XP
Country
United States
I mean we have a [GAME] [MULTIMEDIA] [SLOT 2] Screen on r4iGold. It is not like a simple filemanager like AKAIO when boot. If you dont own an r4igold you dont know what i mean. If you want take a look on http://r4idsn.com/ (the number 2 of flashing banner)so you will see how r4i screen looks like on a ds. I dont meant to compare r4i gold to akaio it is just my opinion and we have diffirent opinion. And first of all the one that Im discussing is the wood and the official r4igold kernel. This is the R4 page right?So if you like to flame on me i dont have time of your nonsense. =D

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
blueshockz said:
I mean we have a [GAME] [MULTIMEDIA] [SLOT 2] Screen on r4iGold.
Most flashcarts have a similar/the almost same menu e.g. CycloDS Evolution. It isn't exclusive to the R4i Gold and does not make it(or any other flashcart menu) better than AKAIO or any other flashcart firmware or kernel.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blueshockz said:
I mean we have a [GAME] [MULTIMEDIA] [SLOT 2] Screen on r4iGold. It is not like a simple filemanager like AKAIO when boot. If you dont own an r4igold you dont know what i mean. If you want take a look on http://r4idsn.com/ (the number 2 of flashing banner)so you will see how r4i screen looks like on a ds. I dont meant to compare r4i gold to akaio it is just my opinion and we have diffirent opinion. And first of all the one that Im discussing is the wood and the official r4igold kernel. This is the R4 page right?So if you like to flame on me i dont have time of your nonsense. =D

I believe you was the one who broght up akaio first
QUOTEr4igold official firmware is better than the wood R4 but the latest 1.38 doesnt play game so i go back to 1.37. theres no need of this wood r4 since the official have great menu than this skinnable wood r4. its better than akaio because it have a game and moonshell menu, good cheat menu selection and all games really play smoothly and finish it without any problem.

and you argument is pretty lame..sorry but R4igold IS NOT better than akio

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blueshockz said:
I mean we have a [GAME] [MULTIMEDIA] [SLOT 2] Screen on r4iGold. It is not like a simple filemanager like AKAIO when boot.AKAIO has similar, it has Slot 2 from the root menu.
The "MULTIMEDIA" is just Moonshell/Moonshell2 most likely, so just put whatever version of Moonshell2 on your card and run it's NDS file, unlike many R4 clones which are stuck with Moonshell1.7 or an OLD version of Moonshell2.

blueshockz said:
If you dont own an r4igold you dont know what i mean. If you want take a look on http://r4idsn.com/ (the number 2 of flashing banner)so you will see how r4i screen looks like on a ds. Anyone who knows what the original R4 looks like knows what that looks like since it's a rip off of that.

QUOTE(blueshockz @ Oct 24 2010, 11:23 PM)
I dont meant to compare r4i gold to akaio it is just my opinion and we have diffirent opinion. And first of all the one that Im discussing is the wood and the official r4igold kernel. This is the R4 page right?So if you like to flame on me i dont have time of your nonsense. =D
You were the one who brought AKAIO into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot