OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
angelxwind.net
XP
Country
United States
Download link removed until further notice, just compared the CRC's of the 2, apparently his "re-compilation"was indeed just WoodR4DLDI. (though his original one, that didn't save properly doesn't match any of them in the WAIO archive.

tl;dr story ahead:
So basically our friend PSPCandyX528 queried me on IRC the other day, going nuts over some WoodR4 mod he made. I tried his source, the makefile wouldn't compile. At all. So I pretty much told him to give me a precompiled binary, so he did. This one seemed to boot most things, execpt for the fact that saving = black screen or instant freeze. I pretty much said "Give up, someone tried the exact same thing with 1.09 and it never saved." Then about a few hours later, he comes back, saying that he modified WoodR4's source, to give it clone save support, then compiled it and gave it to me. For some reason, when I booted this one, it created a "filler" .sav file, full of FF (in other words, it's empty) when viewed in Hex Workshop. I tried saving, and all that related stuff. It saved properly, but at that time didn't quite play Pokemon B/W quite right. So then I went insane and posted this here.

Yeah, that's about it.

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
yaynds.gif
working great on my R4 sdhc, thnx!
moogle.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure that you should be able to post up a link to it...I mean, from all that I see, you just repacked Xenon++'s WAIO (and I'd even bet that it pretty much IS a repack of WAIO)...btw, there are a couple files in there that none of the R4 clones would even need...
If anything, I would ask Xenon++ for permission if you plan on distributing any of his stuff without altering it waist-deep.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
I'm not so sure that you should be able to post up a link to it...I mean, from all that I see, you just repacked Xenon++'s WAIO (and I'd even bet that it pretty much IS a repack of WAIO)...btw, there are a couple files in there that none of the R4 clones would even need...
If anything, I would ask Xenon++ for permission if you plan on distributing any of his stuff without altering it waist-deep.
It is, 100% a repack of Xenon++'s WAIO:
stolenwaio.png

The "DEFAULT.nds" included in the 'WoodR4 1.13 for Generic R4 Clones' is just the woodr4dldi.nds from WAIO.

Mr_Godot

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing
bow.gif
, TY TY Been patiently waiting for something like this.

It works very nicely on my N5, but 1 problem.

After I saved my PKM B/W game and turn it off. and come back to it, I get blue screen with a message after the INTRO.

Then it goes to the Menu selections but with my saved progress whiped out. Yes my rom is patched, and using 512kb.
I GET exp NO Freezes or what nots, just this blue message screen that kills my save progress.

Much help would be appreciated if someone could kindly help me out here, thank you.

Thank Thank very much for this release. I can finally play Bookworm and several others too.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
jurassicplayer said:
It is, 100% a repack of Xenon++'s WAIO:
stolenwaio.png

The "DEFAULT.nds" included in the 'WoodR4 1.13 for Generic R4 Clones' is just the woodr4dldi.nds from WAIO.

aXw told me on IRC before he posted this here that it is just a repack of that with a file or two changed so that saving works on his R4 clone.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pspunabletohack said:
Please help me it freezes on the loading screen on dstt :'(
This doesn't work on DSTT. Instead you can update extinfo.dat to the one uploaded to DS-SCENE.

Anyway I'm wondering why there isn't my credit at least.
Even BSD License (mshl2tools main.c license) requires
QUOTERedistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
macgeek417 said:
aXw told me on IRC before he posted this here that it is just a repack of that with a file or two changed so that saving works on his R4 clone.
But that's the thing, there are NO files changed. Check the hashes.
waio_vs_clone.png

clone_vs_waio.png

Only two files weren't compared:
1). DEFAULT.nds (CRC32: 57E34622) = woodr4dldi.nds (CRC32: 57E34622)
2). DEFAULT.sav -- Not included in WAIO, 512KB "padding" file filled with 'FF's

angelXwind

-angelXwind sinks back into her hiding hole-
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
angelxwind.net
XP
Country
United States
A few questions:

1. This -is- a repack of WAIO, but it is recompiled (though I couldn't get the makefile to work for the life of me, so I pushed it over to PSPCandy)
2. This was originally discovered by PSPCandyX528, if anyone knows him here, though when it was first discovered, saving led to black screen hang (on Puyo Puyo 7, Pokemon games just hang there)
3. He later came back and recompiled it for proper saving support, and added more files.

And if I am ripping off Xenon++, I'll just delete this entire thread (if you can do that on this forum) (since PSPCandyX528 isn't the most reliable person around, though he IS a decent C/C++ (and mainly Java) coder)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
angelXwind said:
A few questions:

1. What is this WAIO? (no, google isn't very useful) I'm just assuming it's the "Wood R4 for Clones" thing someone made of 1.09, and that doesn't seem to save properly (but runs B/W)
2. This was originally discovered by PSPCandyX528, if anyone knows him here, though when it was first discovered, saving led to black screen hang (on Puyo Puyo 7, Pokemon games just hang there)
3. He later came back and recompiled it for proper saving support, and added more files.

And if I am ripping off Xenon++, I'll just delete this entire thread (if you can do that on this forum) (since PSPCandyX528 isn't the most reliable person around, though he IS a decent C/C++ (and mainly Java) coder)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=237398
That is WAIO
And this is just a repackaged WAIO, please give credit to Xenon++ who really created this.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As Wood* is distributed under GPL, please show me the "modified source code", so that I can check if this distro is original.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't CRC mostly tell if a file is the exact same file or not?...at least that was what I was under the impression of. I don't even see any of the so called "added files", PSPCandyX528 is probably bs'ing it.
-edit-
The earlier version PSPCandyX528 was showing was probably an earlier version of WAIO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.