Hwfly stuck on green light, no image, lost on what to do

darkoriano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys! I really hope you guys can help me and won't get mad at me because I'm a total noob with these kind of things, and I couldn't find a solution in other threads :unsure:

Anyway, I have an OLED with a hwfly chip. Was playing a lot the other day, turned off the console, tried turning it on the next day and it wouldn't boot. The guy at the store installed a magnetic trigger so I can reset the chip whenever this problem occurs without bringing the console to him and having to open it (happened 3 times already in a couple of months). Per his instructions, I resetted the chip with a magnet, got a blue light, it booted into OFW, then I turned it off. After that I updated the firmware via a PC (dropping the files that he sent me into the microsd) According to the guy, it should boot normally but it doesn't, it's stuck at a blinking green light after rapid yellow lights (I'm attaching a video showing how it happens)

The LED diagnostics diagram says that a blinking green light is "Waiting for input from hwfly-toolbox" and I just don't even know what that means or if I have to do something from my PC :/ It's driving me crazy because the seller just won't teach me how to properly fix it everytime this happens and I'm starting to suspect that he's not that knowledgeable after all.

Any help on what to do next will be VERY appreciated :D And I can give any kind of info or screenshots that are needed to diagnose the real problem. My switch is using Atmosphere and Hekate.

Attachments

• video.mp4
    3.8 MB

baddass1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys! I really hope you guys can help me and won't get mad at me because I'm a total noob with these kind of things, and I couldn't find a solution in other threads :unsure:

Anyway, I have an OLED with a hwfly chip. Was playing a lot the other day, turned off the console, tried turning it on the next day and it wouldn't boot. The guy at the store installed a magnetic trigger so I can reset the chip whenever this problem occurs without bringing the console to him and having to open it (happened 3 times already in a couple of months). Per his instructions, I resetted the chip with a magnet, got a blue light, it booted into OFW, then I turned it off. After that I updated the firmware via a PC (dropping the files that he sent me into the microsd) According to the guy, it should boot normally but it doesn't, it's stuck at a blinking green light after rapid yellow lights (I'm attaching a video showing how it happens)

The LED diagnostics diagram says that a blinking green light is "Waiting for input from hwfly-toolbox" and I just don't even know what that means or if I have to do something from my PC :/ It's driving me crazy because the seller just won't teach me how to properly fix it everytime this happens and I'm starting to suspect that he's not that knowledgeable after all.

Any help on what to do next will be VERY appreciated :D And I can give any kind of info or screenshots that are needed to diagnose the real problem. My switch is using Atmosphere and Hekate.
Did you take a backup of the old firmware? it seems like its stuck in training mode. I would reflash the previous fw and see if that fixes it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up