Hacking Wood R4 (.NDS files to load Wood R4)(CK3)

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works really well on my boys' DSiXLs, but they just want to play their games. No complaints at all. The most up to date kernel and firmware have been very stable. Looks like I shouldn't have bought ten of them for presents. I'll use them up and then buy better ones after that.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I shouldn't have bought ten of them for presents. I'll use them up and then buy better ones after that.
Well if you don't have a better option for cheaper, then I would suggest just using those as presents. I'm going to be assuming you are using the .dat files from Retrogamefan's ysmenu kernel updates. Although they may be shitty clones (I'm fairly biased against clones), they are still very much usable for people who don't really care about much besides the basic function of a flashcart. Retrogamefan keeps fairly on track with the larger nds releases and so I'd really consider the money in that sort of case for deciding on a flashcart.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question: Is it possible to make a modified version of the NDS loader so it can also be used in other flashcarts that are currently discontinued? Like CycloDS, for example. No, I'm not talking about firmware, I'm talking about Wood as an universal nds application.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a modified version of the NDS loader so it can also be used in other flashcarts that are currently discontinued? Like CycloDS, for example. No, I'm not talking about firmware, I'm talking about Wood as an universal nds application.
The WoodR4 kernel does somewhat work on other flashcarts...but as a universal nds application, I can't see it having a large number of uses, since aside from the ROM loading, there isn't actually much that one does with the menu. Of course, if you are talking about making Wood something like YSMenu, then no, it's not going to happen, if it does, there will be problems.

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well, I guess, we well have to keep asking at the Team Cyclops forum for the source code so that at least a Wood firmware can be made for that flashcart.

jetriscon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi...

So I just updated my (who knows what version, probably 40 something; where Pokemon B/W first came out)... and I only recently updated just now to 1.51... just to play the "latest" games.

And now I just realized my Black can't read the save data I had before... it was saved as .nds.sav file format, size 512KB. I've checked Pokemon Black's File Info and the default save type says 4M... so... how can I access my save file again? I've tried changing the save type to all the other types, even to 512kb, it still doesn't read it. Yes the default save format of all the other games is also .nds.sav. Can't find a save converter either.

Edit: and I just realized this occurred in all of my old games... and it's just a DS btw, not a 3ds.

kai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last Edit: September 10th 2012
Latest Version: Wood R4 (.NDS) v1.51
woodr4ndscoolkill3r.png

hi i was wondering on how to use ak edit from the acekard websit i keep getting the "your ini files contain one or more errors" error how can i fix this?

download.gif
Wood R4 (.NDS) v1.51
download.gif
Wood R4iDSN (.NDS) v1.51
download.gif
Wood R4iDS Gold (.NDS) v1.51

Get the latest Wood firmware: Wood Firmwares v1.51
Get the WAIO unofficial firmware: WAIO v1.16 for R4 Clones (REPACKED v3.0)

How to encrypt it yourself? (r4crypt & r4denc)
r4crypt:
First download: r4crypt
After you've downloaded r4crypt, unpack the .zip file.
Then open NotePad and copy the text below to it!

Code:
@echo off

:menu
cls
echo ---------------------
echo   Action Menu
echo [1] Decrypt Firmware
echo [2] Encrypt Firmware
echo [3] Close
echo.
Set /P INPUT= Action:
if "%input%" =="1" goto decrypt
if "%input%" =="2" goto encrypt
if "%input%" =="3" goto close
goto menu

:decrypt
r4crypt.exe -d _DS_MENU.DAT OUTPUT.NDS
exit

:encrypt
r4crypt.exe -e OUTPUT.NDS _DS_MENU.DAT
exit

Save under 'All Files' as: GUI.BAT (keep it in the same folder as where r4crypt.exe is!)
Then copy your _DS_MENU.DAT file to the same folder where you placed GUI.BAT.
Now run GUI.BAT and select your option!
r4denc:
First download: r4denc
After you've downloaded r4denc, unpack the .zip file.
Then open NotePad and copy the text below to it!

Code:
@echo off

:menu
cls
echo Action Menu
echo [1] Decrypt Firmware
echo [2] Encrypt Firmware
echo [3] Close
echo.
Set /P INPUT= Action:
if "%input%" =="1" goto decrypt
if "%input%" =="2" goto encrypt
if "%input%" =="3" goto close
goto menu

:decrypt
r4dec.exe _DS_MENU.DAT
ren _DS_MENU.DAT.DEC OUTPUT.NDS
exit

:encrypt
r4enc.exe OUTPUT.NDS
ren OUTPUT.NDS.DAT _DS_MENU.DAT
exit

Save under 'All Files' as: GUI.BAT (keep it in the same folder as where r4dec.exe & r4enc.exe is!)
Then copy your _DS_MENU.DAT file to the same folder where you placed GUI.BAT.
Now run GUI.BAT and select your option!

kai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i was wondering on how to use ak edit from the acekard websit i keep getting the "your ini files contain one or more errors" error how can i fix this?

ShadowtearX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Most of the times the unhandled exception error is caused by not having the Microsoft .NET framework installed on the PC.
If you install that the error should be gone.
If the .ini error keeps coming back, download an AK2 theme and paste that .ini file in your theme.
.NET webinstaller: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d … laylang=en
.NET standalone installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d … 1f31ab88b7

i don't want to be a bother but can somewon update this to support wood r4 v1.53 cuz i fixes pokemon black 2

I'm sorry i never replied to your message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...