Hacking Wood R4 FAQ.

TaylorWho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is it that when I rename my files it's unsuccessful each time? Am I doing something wrong?
I even used that batch converter thing and it didn't work. What do? I guess it kind of doesn't matter now since I forgot to back up my .sav files with the converter, but I'd still like to know.

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mages4ever said:
TokiyaAki said:
Hi there,
I've tried following all the instructions, and my r4 still shows a black screen...
more like:

upper screen is blue
bottom screen has 3 choices: MicroDS, Slot2 and a folder and a black background

Once I click MicroSD...
upper screen is still blue
bottom screen black background, and 2 folders plus my roms and then the Moonshell at the bottom

I can't seem to get anything besides Moonshell and the roms actually working, besides even if they did work, I can barely see it...

So here is the question: How do "see" what I'm clicking? Also should I delete the _system_ folder?
For the themes do different themes have to be in a different folder like 'black' and 'zelda'?

-Once I press 'start' to change the theme the system freezes...
(PS. I'll be replying back later, since I'll be heading to class now) THANK YOU

Ah, this happened to me. It's a simple fix really.
Basically, if your theme is like this:
"K:\__rpg\ui\Theme\Theme" Then you'll get this.
All you have to do is move all the content from "K:\__rpg\ui\Theme\Theme" into "K:\__rpg\ui\Theme\"
It should work after that. Took my a while to figure that out x)

Can a Mod move this to the R4 section?

This is what happened to me when I tried decrypting the _DS_menu.dat file to use wood on my R4-III Upgrade. Except that when I click SD card, it tells me that it's not accessible. Everything else is exactly the same. (I assume it looks this way beacuse it can't access the themes because it can't access the sd card.) Any ideas why it wouldn't be able to access it?

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TaylorWho said:
Why is it that when I rename my files it's unsuccessful each time? Am I doing something wrong?
I even used that batch converter thing and it didn't work. What do? I guess it kind of doesn't matter now since I forgot to back up my .sav files with the converter, but I'd still like to know.

For some reason when i ran the batch converter it didn't rename files correctly. Some of them went to "x.nds.nds.sav" One of them went to "x.nds.nds.nds.nds.sav"
blink.gif

Just make sure they're renamed correctly for sure.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Chambz said:
TaylorWho said:

For some reason when i ran the batch converter it didn't rename files correctly. Some of them went to "x.nds.nds.sav" One of them went to "x.nds.nds.nds.nds.sav"
blink.gif

Just make sure they're renamed correctly for sure.
Did you press it more than once?

Chambz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
well, since the batch file only searches for .sav and makes it say .nds.sav instead, it will rename .nds.sav into .nds.nds.sav. That's probably the reason..

Yeah. It's totally possible that it's just a glitch with my system. I have weird stuff running all the time. Just reminding to double check since it CAN happen.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try using this batch file I just wrote http://filetrip.net/f10322-Wood-R4-Save-Ba...enamer-1-0.html It will rename *.sav to *.nds.sav, but won't rename *.nds.sav to *.nds.nds.sav. It will perform this in the directory from which it was run, and all subdirectories beneath.

The command line it performs is:

Code:
for /R %i in (*.sav) do for %p in ("%~Ni") do if NOT %~xp == .nds ren "%i" "%~ni.nds.sav"

Pretty simple really.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having two problems with Wood R4...

The first is it won't boot the GBA slot (retail cart), it just goes to two white screens

The second is LoZ: Spirit Tracks won't load my game. It just creates a new one every time. The save is named properly (.nds.sav) and works on R4/YSmenu/No$GBA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

n3rds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using a R4 1.18 right now with ysmenu on the side for m&l BIS. I've fixed it so that it can support larger .sav files (for pokemon) and I've patched my ROMs so that they all work (SMT SJ and Pokemon Silver work great). Is there any reason for me to 'upgrade' to Wood R4?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n3rds said:
I'm using a R4 1.18 right now with ysmenu on the side for m&l BIS. I've fixed it so that it can support larger .sav files (for pokemon) and I've patched my ROMs so that they all work (SMT SJ and Pokemon Silver work great). Is there any reason for me to 'upgrade' to Wood R4?

dump ysmenu and get that.

1. better compatibility with games.

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
n3rds said:

What basher said along with the fact that you won't have to wait for patches longer and the interface is more hot. =]

n3rds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But all my games are working perfectly... Does this mean that in the future I'll need this to play new games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: