Hacking Wood R4 FAQ.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
red231 said:
wat's the savelistex.bin for?
gamedata.bin — game options database. contains pergame settings for save size, gba link option, 3in1 rumble strength, cheats state, softreset state, saveslot index, icon style. by default empty, game record added when 1st time option save happens.
savelist.bin — save sizes database. can be found in akaio distribution. in old times was recently updated for all games, nowadays only for games with 8mbit saves. if firmware dont found game record in gamedata.bin it looks into savelist.bin. savelist.bin is never used for games that exists in gamedata.bin.
savelistex.bin — starting from 1.07 dont' suported by default and can be safely killed.

ps: btw well known acekard feature non mentoned in r4 community. if cheats enabled for game, they can be temporary disabled in game using start-select-down combo and enabled again using start-select-up combo.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
z.g said:
red231 said:
gamedata.bin — game options database. contains pergame settings for save size, gba link option, 3in1 rumble strength, cheats state, softreset state, saveslot index, icon style. by default empty, game record added when 1st time option save happens.

coincidentally, i opened it up with CT2 and all it did was show me what games I've played recently
tongue.gif

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
z.g said:
red231 said:

coincidentally, i opened it up with CT2 and all it did was show me what games I've played recently
tongue.gif
Same here, the characters are strange anyway but is still readable
wacko.gif

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if it is posted here somewhere but how do i use moonshell 2 with wood 1.07 any help would be gratefully received

ta

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skedone said:
sorry if it is posted here somewhere but how do i use moonshell 2 with wood 1.07 any help would be gratefully received

ta

use moonshell as a executable homebrew. (as in moonshell.nds)

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh cheers mate that will do some times im so thick should have just tried that just got woried with everyone saying it stop rom loading lol

kehnbauer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys,

I added the files as described into the root of my black R4 card. When I start my Nintendo DS, I just get the message "Menu?" at the top screen and that's it.

What is wrong? Sorry for the noob question, but it's my first try with the Wood firmware. Hope you help me.

Best regards,
Kehnbauer

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
kehnbauer said:
Hi guys,

I added the files as described into the root of my black R4 card. When I start my Nintendo DS, I just get the message "Menu?" at the top screen and that's it.

What is wrong? Sorry for the noob question, but it's my first try with the Wood firmware. Hope you help me.

Best regards,
Kehnbauer
THAT IS A DSTT CLONE
is it the original?
i doubt it, the dstt has that red "menu"
so i dont think that will work

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You have a DSTT clone. WoodR4 doesn't work on DSTT clones (or DSTT's for that matter), which leaves you with the original firmware, ysmenu, or the ttmenu firmware (I'm pretty sure you can use the original DSTT firmware anyways...)

kehnbauer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Infinite Zero said:
kehnbauer said:
Hi guys,

Best regards,
Kehnbauer
THAT IS A DSTT CLONE
is it the original?
i doubt it, the dstt has that red "menu"
so i dont think that will work

You think my card is a clone?
wacko.gif
I bought it at www.r4karte.de and the website looks very reputable.

Hm... I think I try ysmenu and hope that "Sonic Classic Collection" and "Alice in Wonderland" works fine with this firmware.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Alice isn't fixed for it yet I believe, but don't attempt asking either because that will just get the updaters angry. I don't remember about Sonic Classic Collection though. If anything, try out the stuff first and then if it doesn't work, then just hang tight and hope that one of the updaters will fix it up soon. As for that website you bought it from, you bought exactly what they are showing you, with a little research you might have been able to save yourself, but since you already got it, I might as well just add that all R4's that are SDHC compatible are clones of some other flashcart.

kehnbauer

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, thanks for you help especially regarding the R4 clone. I didn't hear about the situation of cloned flashcards anytime before.

Nagamooto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
Nagamooto said:
If I download Woody 1.07, will I be able to play the new Zelda and Bowser's Inside Story on this (and save) without any probs?
Yes, if your card is compatible.

I'm going to buy an R4 from 7dayshop (not the SDHC, just the regular one), hopefully this will be compatible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1