Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

ItaloRS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone. This is my first post on GBAtemp...this problem has been bothering me a lot...here you go.

Game name: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (U)
Release number: 4506
CRC: 3170189F
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Firmwares 1.12 and above do not recognize the SAV file and create a new one which is now 1MB in size instead of the previous 512KB.
What you did to debug it: Tried setting the save type to 512KB but it didn't work.
How you can repeat the bug: Play it on Wood R4 1.11 and save then switch to any newer firmware and you'll see what happens.

Anyone else had the same problem?

anyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
ItaloRS said:
Hello everyone. This is my first post on GBAtemp...this problem has been bothering me a lot...here you go.

What the bug is: Firmwares 1.12 and above do not recognize the SAV file and create a new one which is now 1MB in size instead of the previous 512KB.
What you did to debug it: Tried setting the save type to 512KB but it didn't work.
How you can repeat the bug: Play it on Wood R4 1.11 and save then switch to any newer firmware and you'll see what happens.

wood r4 is uses .sav.nds files as i remember, simply name it

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
CRC: What is that?Cyclic Redundancy Check, it's a hash value.
If you're running Windows, I'd recommend using HashCheck.
Right Click -> Properties -> Checksums and it will tell you the CRC32 (as well as the MD4, MD5 and SHA-1) value.
I've used it without issue on Windows XP/Vista/7 (32bit, not 64).
If you're on Linux, you can use 'cksum ' at the commandline.

tomrev said:
Homebrew name: DSOrganize 3.1129
Release number: Wood R4 v. 1.6
CRC: ED817DF1
What the bug is: After loaded, It show Logo screen and then freeze.
What you did to debug it: Restart serveral times. Used fresh copy of Wood R4 1.6. Reformatted MicroSD
How you can repeat the bug: Run DSOrganize ROM always freeze.Works fine for me.whoops... was on my AK2i not R4.
Same problem.

QUOTE(ItaloRS @ Nov 13 2010, 11:40 PM)

According to Advanscene, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks has a 8Mbit (1MB) save. A 512KB save will work, but runs the risk of running out of space, especially with both save slots used.
Also as others have said, Wood uses '.nds.sav'. Xenon++Taiju Yamada had a modified version which used '.sav', so maybe that's why you're thinking it use to work with '.sav'?

ItaloRS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
According to Advanscene, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks has a 8Mbit (1MB) save. A 512KB save will work, but runs the risk of running out of space, especially with both save slots used.
Also as others have said, Wood uses '.nds.sav'. Xenon++Taiju Yamada had a modified version which used '.sav', so maybe that's why you're thinking it use to work with '.sav'?
Oh my bad. I forgot to mention I did rename the '.sav' file to '.nds.sav'. Like I said, when I was playing it on WoodR4 1.11 it loaded the 512KB save file just fine then I spent a long time away from it. When I got back I updated to version 1.14 and started having this problem, I tested on every other version from 1.11 to the lastest and only 1.11 loaded the save file. Isn't there anyway I can convert the 512KB save into a 1MB save? I don't feel like restarting the game or having to changing firmwares just to play one game.
frown.gif

wolfblitzer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
chrismix.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Scribblenauts (U)
Release number: 4172
CRC: n/a (using a DS w/r4 and Wood)
What the bug is: Freezing screen after beating 3-7
What you did to debug it: -
How you can repeat the bug: Beat the level (i doubt it, but I used a carrot wings and meat to beat it). The starite appears, but the game freezes shortly after.

SAVE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2QWSCYZQ

ItaloRS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
twiztidsinz said:
You can use my conversion tool from http://www.mediafire.com/?mwmnimkn1it
Believe it or not...this solved the problem
SillYcoNe said:
I just concatenated 2 copies of my 512KB .sav into a 1MB .sav
The very simple way to do it under windows:
- copy your 512K.sav to whatever directory on your HDD (let's assume the name is My512KSav.sav, replace with the name you have)
- get a command line (start -> run -> cmd)
- go to the dir where your .sav is
- now copy your 512KB .sav into a new 1MB .sav (notice the '+' sign):CODECOPY /B My512KSav.sav+My512KSav.sav MyNew1MBSav.sav

- you now have a 1MB .sav named MyNew1MBSav.sav
- this this new save to your Acekard with the same name a the .nds file
It's working now. Anyways..thanks very much for the attention. =)

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
wolfblitzer said:
What the bug is: Freezing screen after beating 3-7i select 3-7 level and finish it using solution from gamefaqs. level finished and starts again, i finish it again using another solution from gamefaqs, level starts again. i dont know is it ok that level restarts after finishing but at least no any freeze.
QUOTEi doubt it, but I used a carrot wings and meat to beat it
dont' understand this explanation.

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
ywg@

can you add the "bypass anti piracy mode" in wood 1.7 ?....

lol it was a joke
biggrin.gif
, continue amazing us with your fixes ^^

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds World Championship 2010 Reverse of Arcadia (J)(M6)
Release number: 4721
CRC: D955594C
What the bug is: Test on 1.4.1 and 1.6, while playing card game (duel), it's freeze.
What you did to debug it: Restart serveral times. Used fresh copy of Wood R4 1.6.
How you can repeat the bug: Playing card (duel) always freeze.

Edit: It's work after reformat. Sorry for error bug report.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mcismail said:
hello everyone
i have a r4i ds gold but is the new wood r4 1.17 with the dsi firmware 1.4.1e combitabel?

wood 1.17 has nothing to do with nintendo's 1.4.1

it's the cart that has to be 1.4.1 compatible
but r4i gold is compatible as long as it's the one from r4ids.cn
just update the cart

QUOTE(Copesnuffdss @ Nov 18 2010, 07:39 PM) Could some one tell me if woods will work with this card the one that uses 1.09 http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

no wood does not work on that cart

Abnegation

Trophies
XP
Country
My issue is in relation to getting wood to work for the R4i Gold Version: 1.4.1, I've downloaded this in hopes that it would work, however to no avail. I simple get the "Menu?" error.

Any ideas? Help is much appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto