Country
Inunah said:
Game name: Jam with the Band
Release number: #4900
CRC: ???????????
Clean ROM: Yep
What the bug is: Lags during saving
How you can repeat the bug: Finish something that makes the game save

I think this bug causes saving to take longer than it actually should.
According to DS-Scene, the save size for this is 64Mb (ie 8MB). It's highly likely this large save size is the cause of the lag and not a bug in Wood R4.

You need a MicroSD card with faster write speeds.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Inunah said:

According to DS-Scene, the save size for this is 64Mb (ie 8MB). It's highly likely this large save size is the cause of the lag and not a bug in Wood R4.

You need a MicroSD card with faster write speeds.
Damn.
I've got the biggest MicroSD my R4 original can take... And I don't understand. It never lagged for Warioware DIY.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've no idea, but at a guess i'd say the game could be both reading and writing to the MicroSD card at the same time, which could be slowing it down.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Inunah said:

According to DS-Scene, the save size for this is 64Mb (ie 8MB).
DS-Scene is pretty unreliable for this kind of information.
glare.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I've got the biggest MicroSD my R4 original can take... And I don't understand. It never lagged for Warioware DIY.
How big the microSD is versus the read/write speeds are two totally different things. Usually the speeds are classified by class (class 2 being the worst, class 4 being kind of decent, and class 6 being preferable for DS usage although there are higher classes). You could have a 1GB class 6 that has no lag on anything you put to it, and also have a 2GB class 2 that lags with almost everything you put on it. One way to check the read/write speeds of your microSD is to use the CheckDisk (english version) packed in Xenon++'s mshl2pack_r30 which can check and give you the numbers.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
Inunah said:
What the bug is: Lags during savingis lag while saving dont allow you play game? i dont' think so.
QUOTEI think this bug causes saving to take longer than it actually should.
r4 support maximum 8mbyte saves. according source code in wood firmware used two level save accessing to bypass this limitation. for each backup reads 2 reads really used, and for each backup write one read and one write used. if you have better idea, you can submit working code here.

lost_in_space75

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2705 - Disgaea The Hour of Darkness (U) - black screens after it loads

3544 - Dengeki Gakuen RPG - Cross of Venus (J) freezes when you try to load (edit: i meant when u try to load a save file for this one)

both clean roms

Ralfdu02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scene it twilight (E)
The rom it started but I can't see the part of the movie (excuse me for my languages i am french ^^ )

Shrooom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star (Japanese)
Release number: 4414
CRC: 59F38C1F (I think)
Clean ROM: YES, IMPORTANT: NOT PATCHED WITH ANTI-AP (endless battles in Lan's computer). Shouldn't have to patch it with Wood, I believe (no endless battles, just this bug).
What the bug is: When press 'L' to talk to Megaman/Lan after obtaining PET, freezes game. Should be able to trigger no more than a minute or two into game (select second option on start screen, press start to bypass scenes, check computer then PET, press 'L').

I wish they'd just translated this game:P Someone else verify, it's very small and quick, please.

sinan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow
Release number: #4904
CRC: ?
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Game freezes if you watch the intro
How you can repeat the bug: Watch the intro. Right after they show a closeup of the blue bull ghost they switch to a shot of a group of people in the distance. As soon as the game zooms on them it freezes.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
sinan said:
How you can repeat the bug: Watch the intro. Right after they show a closeup of the blue bull ghost they switch to a shot of a group of people in the distance. As soon as the game zooms on them it freezes.

It actually works perfectly after applying the patch that was posted on the game thread.

sinan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitman said:
sinan said:

It actually works perfectly after applying the patch that was posted on the game thread.

Yes, but the point of this thread is squashing bugs in "clean" roms without the need for patches.

Shrooom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shrooom said:
Game name: Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star (Japanese)
Release number: 4414
CRC: 59F38C1F (I think)
Clean ROM: YES, IMPORTANT: NOT PATCHED WITH ANTI-AP (endless battles in Lan's computer). Shouldn't have to patch it with Wood, I believe (no endless battles, just this bug).
What the bug is: When press 'L' to talk to Megaman/Lan after obtaining PET, freezes game. Should be able to trigger no more than a minute or two into game (select second option on start screen, press start to bypass scenes, check computer then PET, press 'L').

I wish they'd just translated this game:P Someone else verify, it's very small and quick, please.
Thought I'd mention that this bug is a game ender as it's needed to continue at the start of the second scenario. Also, that I used Wood R4 v1.08.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
lost_in_space75 said:
2705 - Disgaea The Hour of Darkness (U) - black screens after it loadsworks fine for me.
lost_in_space75 said:
3544 - Dengeki Gakuen RPG - Cross of Venus (J) freezes when you try to load (edit: i meant when u try to load a save file for this one)switching softreset off solve problem.
QUOTE(Ralfdu02 @ May 30 2010, 07:37 PM)
Scene it twilight (E)
The rom it started but I can't see the part of the movie (excuse me for my languages i am french ^^ )
switching softreset off solve problem.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
z.g said:
Inunah said:
is lag while saving dont allow you play game? i dont' think so.

Well, sometimes just seconds after it finishes saving and goes back to the song select menu, it powers off because it needs a charge.

I call that very dangerous. Usually I don't notice it needs charging because I've decided to just run the charge out if the light turns red, and go charge it afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp