Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
charroux said:
Wood 1.26 and an R4iDS Gold (r4ids.cn) 8GB SDHC

You can't hide your hidden files in the menu and changing UI themes will hang. "File system settings" menu only shows the soft reset keys setting. There are no "Show hidden files" or "Save extension" options. L+Select is also broken (that toggled hide/show hidden files in 1.25 and earlier).

Is this unique to the R4iDS Gold kernel version?

This bug has been fixed.
Please download V1.26a from www.r4ids.cn or www.r4idsn.com.

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywg said:
WiiThoko said:
On any game, setting rumble to any setting with the EZ 3in1 will result in the high setting.
Really annoying, it's impossible to play games with rumble on the highest setting. (inb4 I can just turn the rumble off)
really dont understand — that wrong. do you set rumble strength in rom options dialog and after saving it always high. or value correct — but strength always high? anyway i check with my 3in1 — all works as expected.
Well, when the game loads, it gives a a half a second long rumble that's on the correct setting, but during the game, the rumble is on high.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiThoko said:
Well, when the game loads, it gives a a half a second long rumble that's on the correct setting, but during the game, the rumble is on high.
in what specific game this happens?

switums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me how to fix my r4i gold i just bought it then i downloaded the kernel from r4ids.cn with Wood but when i loaded it to my DS it's stuck at loading didn't even show the r4 menu

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ywg said:
WiiThoko said:
in what specific game this happens?
All games that use rumble that I have.
(Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime Pinball, Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing, Diddy Kong Racing, etc.)

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiThoko said:
All games that use rumble that I have.
(Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Prime Pinball, Sonic and Sega Allstars Racing, Diddy Kong Racing, etc.)
i check pinball game, rumble works as expected: then i set high, the ruble strangth is high, then i set low — rumble strength is low.
is it possible, that your roms prepatched for 3in1 rumble support?

tomrev

Trophies
Website
www.buycheapipodshop.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Game name: Rune Factory - A Fantasy Harvest Moon (US)
Release number: 1330
CRC: 566483FF
Clean ROM: YES
Wood: 1.26a
What the bug is:In game, sending crops to shipping box will not earn money in the next day.
What you did to debug it: Disable AR / soft reset
How you can repeat the bug: sending crops to shipping box and sleep in the bed.

With AKAIO & Acekard 2i,it never has this bug .

Sorry, I'm wrong. It just be the game mechanic that shipping on weekend need next day to earn.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game name: nesDS
Version: 0.43 (also 0.42)
What the bug is: Loading nesDS on my R4iGold running wood127 I get message "R4DSN device failed" after it loads.
What you did to debug it: I tried the latest versions of the program at the time.
woodRPG loads nesDS without any problem so i guess its the r4igold version only with this problem (though I have not tried nesDS on woodR4).
How you can repeat the bug: Try to run the program on the r4igold using wood 1.27 for r4igold.

Thank you.

slashxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game name: LonewolfDS

Version: All of them
smile.gif

What the bug is: It stucks on "Now Loading" screen

What you did to debug it: I got R4 Wood 1.27 for my Original R4...
frown.gif

Thank you.

SlashX

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
slashxyz said:
Game name: LonewolfDS

Version: All of them
smile.gif
This games don't like Russian communists. Of course you can delete /__rpg/language/??????? (RU) folder from your microSD and games will work. But remember, that some days Russian communists erase you.

QUOTE(kineticUK @ Mar 18 2011, 12:20 AM) What the bug is: Loading nesDS on my R4iGold running wood127 I get message "R4DSN device failed" after it loads.
afaik this is hardware problem not related to wood.

slashxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks YWG, your software is neat
biggrin.gif

Sorry Russsian peoples, I didn't meant to erase you but it was to only option muahahaha!

SlashX

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game name: Duodecuple Distribution hack
Release number: XXXX
CRC: D3AE464A (for me, at least)
Clean ROM: NO
What the bug is: Freezes somewhere between initializing Wi-Fi
What you did to debug it: Sent it to some other people and it didn't work for them either. The unpatched ROM does work, though. Also tried turning off all fancy extra modes such as soft reset in Settings, but no dice.
How you can repeat the bug: Boot the ROM
Etc: Works on AKAIO, SCDS2 and emulators, so I assume the problem lies not with the hack, but please let me know if it does.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
Prof. 9 said:
Etc: Works on AKAIO, SCDS2 and emulators, so I assume the problem lies not with the hack, but please let me know if it does.
problem with the hack. code running on arm9 try read from slot-1 then access set to arm7. your fixed script here.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ywg said:
afaik this is hardware problem not related to wood.
I sent the r4igold team an email following your reply, and the recent r4igold wood1.27b seems to have fixed the homebrew problems, nesDS now loads and runs perfect. I'm very happy, thank you.

MarceloCSMMax

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game name:Monster Rancher DS.

Release number:5160.

Clean ROM: Yes

What the bug is:When I start a new game, saved and then going back to the title screen, I lose all my progress.

What you did to debug it: The problem started when I changed my firmware wood r4 1.26 to 1.27.

How you can repeat the bug: Using the rom in Wood R4 1.27.

Please fix it, I need that much!!!
yaynds.gif

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game name:Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

Release number:3552

Clean ROM: Yes

What the bug is:When I start level 2-1, the game hangs at a black screen

What you did to debug it: Turned off soft-reset in game. No luck. Also made sure cheats were off, they were (global is set to off). Defragged SD card (removed files, formatted, copied back), nothing changed. Reinstalled Wood R4 1.27, no change.

How you can repeat the bug: Loading level 2-1 in Wood R4 1.27.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday