Wood R.P.G/R4 v1.06

milfy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 r4's, I think only one is real (but I'm not positive). 2 of them I know are fake. Will this firmware brick r4 clones? Also as a side note/question: does anyone know if menudo will work on r4 clone without bricking anything?

talesmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
@badmonkey and Jurassic
thats good b'coz I have few undub games that I haven't finished and right now my msd is full also my R4 spring is broken so I won't be installing or deleting game sometime soon

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Exbaddude said:
I put the savelist.bin in the RPG folder. Is this correct?
I did just that using the savelist.bin from AKAIO 1.6 RC2, but it wasn't a success. It looks like the right place since it does something. I upgraded to Wood R4 1.06 yesterday and put in this savelist.bin in the _rpg folder. Now I started Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney and it said "corrupt save file" . I put a back up back but that also gave the same message.

Then I realised I added savelist.bin, I removed it and now the save file loaded okay.

So this savelist.bin doesn't seem to be compatible with the Wood R4 1.06 version, even though the instructions with Wood R4 suggest to use savelist.bin from AKAIO. I want Wood R4 to make correct save file sizes for roms that need it. Without automatic adjustment I have to manually set the size if a rom needs it.

I wonder about DIY, I read it needs a 32 MB save, that's not even selectable in Wood R4. Also I can't imagine DIY uses all 32 MB for state data, I guess it is an AP feature to make a dummy write beyond the 16 MB boundary to waste space on SD cards?

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea.
I'm not sure if Warioware DIY even works on Wood R4 v1.06.
Anyone got any info?
unsure.gif

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stropdasje said:
Exbaddude said:
I put the savelist.bin in the RPG folder. Is this correct?
I did just that using the savelist.bin from AKAIO 1.6 RC2, but it wasn't a success. It looks like the right place since it does something. I upgraded to Wood R4 1.06 yesterday and put in this savelist.bin in the _rpg folder. Now I started Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney and it said "corrupt save file" . I put a back up back but that also gave the same message.

Then I realised I added savelist.bin, I removed it and now the save file loaded okay.

So this savelist.bin doesn't seem to be compatible with the Wood R4 1.06 version, even though the instructions with Wood R4 suggest to use savelist.bin from AKAIO. I want Wood R4 to make correct save file sizes for roms that need it. Without automatic adjustment I have to manually set the size if a rom needs it.

I wonder about DIY, I read it needs a 32 MB save, that's not even selectable in Wood R4. Also I can't imagine DIY uses all 32 MB for state data, I guess it is an AP feature to make a dummy write beyond the 16 MB boundary to waste space on SD cards?
Try renaming it to savelistex.bin and changing the "ProcessOldSavelistsomething" to 1 in the globalsettings.ini.

DIY is fixed in Wood, even though you can't select the save type. It will create the 32MB save.
The 32MB is not an AP.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
logical thinker said:
Try renaming it to savelistex.bin and changing the "ProcessOldSavelistsomething" to 1 in the globalsettings.ini.
But I read before in this thread that will cause an update of gamedata.bin. But that file is already delivered with Wood R4 1.06. I think as long as it is not clear what all these files do I will stay away from it. After the mishap with savedata.bin causing my save file not to load any more I don't want to risk messing up my system again.

I just have to watch out if a ROM uses a non-standard save size. Is there a list which ROM have this? So not al list of all the ROMs but just the ones that use something else than 512 kB.

sepatunike

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i put folder _rpq & akmenu4.nds in memory then i am run...
at display can't show menu system...
can anybody help!!!

BTW, i am run system R4 then akmenu4.nds.
i am use R4SDHC.

milfy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
milfy said:
does anyone know if menudo will work on r4 clone without bricking anything?
What does this have to do with Wood R4, or it's programmer?
wacko.gif
Geewiz, show some respect!!
Scratched out....off-topic
rolleyes.gif

I didnt realize asking an off topic question was disrespectful. in that case I still would like to know if wood r4 will simply not work on a r4 clone or if it will brick it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it