Wood Firmwares v1.18

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So this is what I'm understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to tell me if I was tricked:

R4 is getting the features of AKAIO [sans AP Bypass]
Us Acekard users are still going to get updates just like before, or are we also getting YWG updates as well?

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
So this is what I'm understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to tell me if I was tricked:

Us Acekard users are still going to get updates just like before, or are we also getting YWG updates as well?

You were tricked
smile.gif

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

AW was just joking
rolleyes.gif

Read Rydian's post on the previous page
rolleyes.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SixtySixHundred said:
ShadowSoldier said:

You were tricked
smile.gif

Ah fuck my ass and call me Nelly. I guess I'm going to need more time on the forums before I can distinguish what's fact and whats fun.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just waiting for a support thread where some n00b with an R4 asks for help saying they're on Wood 1.18 and starts a big confusion whether they're using Wood or the original kernel.

"What do you mean switch to Wood because 1.18 is obsolete? I thought I WAS on Wood, and 1.18 was the most recent I could find!
blink.gif
"

tongue.gif

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
SixtySixHundred said:
ShadowSoldier said:

You were tricked
smile.gif

Ah fuck my ass and call me Nelly. I guess I'm going to need more time on the forums before I can distinguish what's fact and whats fun.

laugh.gif
It was a fun wind-up. It's hard to tell when AW is serious sometimes too!

Multiskin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
man, i rly enjoyed the waio, but some person didn't *cough* so now i'll need to buy a new flash card , thing that isn't easy in my country, so if someebody knows how to make a nds file from de _dsmenu.dat or make the akmenu.nds work ¬¬, please let me know, now i'm surviving with the old waio and some infolibs updates (with are rly slow to release and fix only 2 or 3 games per update...) so i'll ask to somebody, maybe ds god, plz make a nds release of the wood r4, know i think this wouldn't hurt and it would give you more "lovers" because people who can't use wood are going to ysmenu...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Multiskin said:
man, i rly enjoyed the waio, but some person didn't *cough* so now i'll need to buy a new flash card , thing that isn't easy in my country, so if someebody knows how to make a nds file from de _dsmenu.dat or make the akmenu.nds work ¬¬, please let me know, now i'm surviving with the old waio and some infolibs updates (with are rly slow to release and fix only 2 or 3 games per update...) so i'll ask to somebody, maybe ds god, plz make a nds release of the wood r4, know i think this wouldn't hurt and it would give you more "lovers" because people who can't use wood are going to ysmenu...
R4denc: http://filetrip.net/f977-r4denc.html
You can encrypt .NDS files or decrypt .DAT files by dragging them onto the proper .exe file.

You can decrypt Wood's _DS_MENU.DAT (the R4 boot file) so it can be run manually, but don't even bother trying to encrypt AKAIO's akmenu4.nds because it will never ever ever work in a million years without someone coding AKAIO to work on R4.

ShadowtearX

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Multiskin said:
R4denc: http://filetrip.net/f977-r4denc.html
You can encrypt .NDS files or decrypt .DAT files by dragging them onto the proper .exe file.

You can decrypt Wood's _DS_MENU.DAT (the R4 boot file) so it can be run manually, but don't even bother trying to encrypt AKAIO's akmenu4.nds because it will never ever ever work in a million years without someone coding AKAIO to work on R4.

I just use R4crypt -d to do it! quick and easy!
This
Wood R4, Wood R4iDSN & Wood R4iDS Gold .dat's i can easelly change to .nds with it!

onizukaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Whoa...u got me. I saw this thread at the time when AW just said "Everything will be explained in 8 hours".

Now I come back and find out it was a joke! LoL

I had the news spreaded. Now I'll have to fix it huahae
rolleyes.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
just one question, why are people still buying r4's?
1 - Little kids that are too impatient to save up $10 more.
2 - People that live in countries where prices for flash carts are crazy high.
3 - People that just don't know. It's not like anybody's born knowing this info, and outside of GBAtemp there's very few places that will set a person straight, whereas there's hundreds of sites telling people to buy R4 clones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum