Wood Firmwares v1.18

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
runaway5 said:
I updated my original R4 and other games work fine but Golden Sun DS which is supposed to work on 1.18 isn't working. I deleted the entire _rpg folder and added the new one from woodRPG 1.18, but I still get a black screen after the game boots.
You sure it isn't patched or has that intro thing? You need to get a clean rom (as in it wasn't patched or coded to have intro) for it to work properly. Having patched or intro given game on Wood R4 sometimes causes problems. And no, don't ask where you could find a clean rom as it's illegal (GBAtemp rules, respect it
wink.gif
)

Oh and be sure to replace the _DS_MENU.DAT as well; this is the thing that runs Wood R4, got it memorized?

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another World said:
1.18 will be the last Wood firmware. The project will be merged with AKAIO after this and AKAIO will now support the R4, R4i Gold, and R4i DSN. Wood will then be renamed to AKRPG v1.0 and released only for the RPG by YWG. Normmatt will continue the AKAIO releases with the help of YWG.

-another world

i dont understand very well..... wood is over forever or its just be renamed to AKRPG..... due the fact wich AKAIO will support R4 and stuff..... can we use the AKRPG on R4 normally???

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Another World said:
1.18 will be the last Wood firmware. The project will be merged with AKAIO after this and AKAIO will now support the R4, R4i Gold, and R4i DSN. Wood will then be renamed to AKRPG v1.0 and released only for the RPG by YWG. Normmatt will continue the AKAIO releases with the help of YWG.

-another world
Wait you meen FULL AKAIO.
Which would make the R4DS and R4i Gold and R4iDSN with all features as AKAIO un Acekard2i?
That would be awesome!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
FireGrey said:
Will AKAIO on the R4 make the R4s as good as acekard?

it will add real time save, in-game guide, and slow-motion. also a slot-1 gba emu is being looked at, although it only runs at 1 fps. the mp3 player is pretty crappy so far, it only plays. hopefully it can be updated before the release.

AKWOOD_v1.1a_RTS.jpg

-another world

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Another World said:
its the curse of the v1.18 r4 firmware. everything good must come to an end!

-another world

yes yes..... come to an end.... but you said wich AKAIO will support R4.... so this new AKRPG could be used normally on a R4? or.... the r4 users must be very worry

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Nice one AW. Curse of the 1.18 firmware indeed..........
Anyways, thank you YWG for the update. Been waiting to play 999. Thanks again

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
urbon said:
WOOD R4 for R4ids is also available now.

I have got it at the link below:
http://gbatemp.net/t267251-wood-r4-for-r4i...-18-is-released

thats for the r4i gold by the .cn web site team. it has been linked in the first post for a while now.

QUOTE(trigao @ Nov 29 2010, 04:31 AM) yes yes..... come to an end.... but you said wich AKAIO will support R4.... so this new AKRPG could be used normally on a R4? or.... the r4 users must be very worry

wood r4 will be akwood and r4 for rpg will be wood with r4 and not the rpg. the rpg will be wood but renamed as wood won't be for the rpg. and the ak will drop akaio in favor of nOS.

-another world

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Another World said:
FireGrey said:

it will add real time save, in-game guide, and slow-motion. also a slot-1 gba emu is being looked at, although it only runs at 1 fps. the mp3 player is pretty crappy so far, it only plays. hopefully it can be updated before the release.

AKWOOD_v1.1a_RTS.jpg

-another world
Will it have the ability to bypass AP as well as the Acekard?

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
FireGrey said:

AKWOOD_v1.1a_RTS.jpg

-another world

AW, you do make me laugh sometimes! Though I'm often unsure if you're intending to be funny, that is still the funniest post I've read today!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool