Wondeswan buying questions

r1vver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm planning to get Monochrome Wondeswan.
And have few questions:

1. Which case material is more resistant against yellowing? One color skeletons (clear)?
I've noticed that backs of two-color WS's (Sherbet Melon, Soda Blue) are often really yellowish. It's material yellowing or just dirt? Is there way to "clean" it to normal back?

2. Same for buttons. If buttons changed color is there way to "clean" em to normal back?

3. What are the good places to hunt Wonderswans? I know so far: ebay (insane prices), amazon.jp (never really tried before). Visa, PayPal. Shipping proxies and so on are ok for me.

4. Also, are headphones adapters for WS really so rare and valuable? What's is good price for it now? And are there any DIY variants of em?

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
'llo
I own WonderSwan, WS Color, and Swan Crystal.
iirc, mine aren't yellowed, but one thing to know, once those clear shell yellowed, they can't be cleaned to the initial look. I have the issue with a Pokémon Mini console. Although i never tried things like RetroBright, i think it will "fade the clear" (sorry for my english), and make the transparent becoming transluscent.

'bout to find them, well, i can't help you that much; I got mines from eBay when good deals happened.

May I ask you why you want specially a B&W model ?

And if you have some time to spend, have a look :
http://www.flashmasta.com/category/wonderswan-flash-cart/

Last edited by MockyLock,

r1vver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
'llo
I own WonderSwan, WS Color, and Swan Crystal.
iirc, mine aren't yellowed, but one thing to know, once those clear shell yellowed, they can't be cleaned to the initial look. I have the issue with a Pokémon Mini console. Although i never tried things like RetroBright, i think it will "fade the clear" (sorry for my english), and make the transparent becoming transluscent.
Ok, understand.

May I ask you why you want specially a B&W model ?
I'm not yet ready to spend $100++ for Crystal version (good color screen one). And most of games which I want to play are B&W.
Also battery life - i'm plan to play it not in home.
Btw, do you know will WS work with AA rechargeable batteries (which are 1.2v and not 1.5v as alkaline and rest "common" AA batteries)?

And if you have some time to spend, have a look :
http://www.flashmasta.com/category/wonderswan-flash-cart/
Thank you. Yes, I know about WS Flash Masta. As i understand - it's work in progress project, so produced in very small quantity and almost anytime are "out of stock".
As far as I remember there are some games which are not compatible and problem with EEPROM gamesaves (with even patched games). But is very promising.
Also there is WonderDog. Also with some games which are not compatible and problem with EEPROM gamesaves (with even patched games).

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always been curious about this handheld, as well. Gunpei & Bandai; can't be all that bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-