DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, was in a reddit YKW Discord so looks real:
View attachment 440029

The Discord community I built up from scratch from originally taking on the much requested Yo-kai Watch 1 translation that kick started all of this work for me in the YW community has been taken over by that guy Light and his friends. Even leading me to getting hacked and losing ownership on there and being banned. But that was not done by them, it was done by a member who got bullied by them. To make a long drama story short Light messaged me wanting to join the team to help work on the translation mod for YW4 only to turn around and steal the work of countless amazing modders that have made the YW4 project a reality after 2+ years and claim it as his and his friends own work. The overall translation could not have been completed without the help of each and every one of them. The italian translation team was a big key factor in supporting total development along with Masagator from here creating the needed tool for the team to finally be able to properly replace the text in game. Before, any text that was replaced without the tool would show invisible in game. Over all it's just been a silly situation for these people fame chasing using the work of others. I have recently released an update for YW1 on Switch though, version 1.1.0 which will get a final 1.1.1 update then I'll wash my hands of the YW games and move on. That YW1 translation is also in the process of being stolen and uploaded to game banana so keep an eye out for that. YW1 was solely done by me with some texture help in the last build done by Sofuto from the discord. YW4 was done by easily 50+ people in the span of its development. Most not even receiving credit from that guy. The only ones who actually contributed some work from that team were the users Ruby and Sofuto outside of Light which have been mentioned in previous posts on here. I believe in giving credit where it's due and this has all been an amazing long running fan community translation created by the fans for the fans out of pure passion. To see it all come to an end like this is very sad. But it is what it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240531_030328_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531_030328_Discord.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20240531_030355_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531_030355_Discord.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20240529_202855_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20240529_202855_Discord.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,
Reactions: nWo

GoalKeeper2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Discord community I built up from scratch from originally taking on the much requested Yo-kai Watch 1 translation that kick started all of this work for me in the YW community has been taken over by that guy Light and his friends. Even leading me to getting hacked and losing ownership on there and being banned. But that was not done by them, it was done by a member who got bullied by them. To make a long drama story short Light messaged me wanting to join the team to help work on the translation mod for YW4 only to turn around and steal the work of countless amazing modders that have made the YW4 project a reality after 2+ years and claim it as his and his friends own work. The overall translation could not have been completed without the help of each and every one of them. The italian translation team was a big key factor in supporting total development along with Masagator from here creating the needed tool for the team to finally be able to properly replace the text in game. Before, any text that was replaced without the tool would show invisible in game. Over all it's just been a silly situation for these people fame chasing using the work of others. I have recently released an update for YW1 on Switch though, version 1.1.0 which will get a final 1.1.1 update then I'll wash my hands of the YW games and move on. That YW1 translation is also in the process of being stolen and uploaded to game banana so keep an eye out for that. YW1 was solely done by me with some texture help in the last build done by Sofuto from the discord. YW4 was done by easily 50+ people in the span of its development. Most not even receiving credit from that guy. The only ones who actually contributed some work from that team were the users Ruby and Sofuto outside of Light which have been mentioned in previous posts on here. I believe in giving credit where it's due and this has all been an amazing long running fan community translation created by the fans for the fans out of pure passion. To see it all come to an end like this is very sad. But it is what it is.

Anyway this guy contacted gb admins with that last screenshot as "proof" the YKW4++ translation was stolen, the team then gave all the info to the admins and the mod was reinstated.

These are cropped cherrypicked screenshots that still don't even back your claim, and now you just handed this drama to the GB admins who are a objective third party, and called you on your bullshit. Mods like this are supposed to be fun community driven efforts, not hindered by drama causers like you. Even the MTL mod is better than this one at this point.

Reactions: Thistles

KZavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a disappointing amount of drama which didn't have to be sorted out like this. Thank you for explaining the situation.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyway this guy contacted gb admins with that last screenshot as "proof" the YKW4++ translation was stolen, the team then gave all the info to the admins and the mod was reinstated.

These are cropped cherrypicked screenshots that still don't even back your claim, and now you just handed this drama to the GB admins who are a objective third party, and called you on your bullshit. Mods like this are supposed to be fun community driven efforts, not hindered by drama causers like you. Even the MTL mod is better than this one at this point.
If you are creating new account just to call on someone's bullshit publicly, you should provide evidence. Otherwise do that on private channels. We don't need unproductive drama here

thebagboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so this means this hack is pretty much pronounced dead? by the way, this is probably a horrible time to ask, but in 1.6.0, what isn't translated?

KZavi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so this means this hack is pretty much pronounced dead? by the way, this is probably a horrible time to ask, but in 1.6.0, what isn't translated?
Seems DrgnMasterKota is no longer involved with it. The work would probably carry on by whoever’s in charge of it now (they are on version 1.7.0), though it’s mostly complete already.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems DrgnMasterKota is no longer involved with it. The work would probably carry on by whoever’s in charge of it now (they are on version 1.7.0), though it’s mostly complete already.
Damn. That's hard to fathom.

Could you please point me in the right direction, to download the 1.7.0 version? I am playing this game and would love to play it with the best experience possible, because there are so many NPC's text that is still in japanese.

thebagboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Could you please point me in the right direction, to download the 1.7.0 version? I am playing this game and would love to play it with the best experience possible, because there are so many NPC's text that is still in japanese.
It sounds like you have played so I would to ask:
1. Is the full story translated?
2. Is the medallion translated?
3. Is the DLC translated?

WolfmanMods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah... let's not support a stolen project. Those guys deserve to be brought to justice and have their game banana account closed. It's sad to see.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, I'm really grateful with @DrgnMasterKota, because thanks to him I got to experience these two games on my Switch, and my son, too.

So sad that things spiraled out of control and other people are stealing the medal. I, for one, will be forever grateful with him because I lived these experiences thanks to him and his hard work. I just want to play the game as translated as possible.
It sounds like you have played so I would to ask:
1. Is the full story translated?
2. Is the medallion translated?
3. Is the DLC translated?
I have only played 100% Yo Kai Watch 1. With YKW 4, I have only played two episodes and I can tell you that the story and important messages are fully translated. Most of the NPCs dialogs are still in japanese. The DLC I haven´t tried yet.

thebagboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'm really grateful with @DrgnMasterKota, because thanks to him I got to experience these two games on my Switch, and my son, too.

So sad that things spiraled out of control and other people are stealing the medal. I, for one, will be forever grateful with him because I lived these experiences thanks to him and his hard work. I just want to play the game as translated as possible.

I have only played 100% Yo Kai Watch 1. With YKW 4, I have only played two episodes and I can tell you that the story and important messages are fully translated. Most of the NPCs dialogs are still in japanese. The DLC I haven´t tried yet.
Thanks, guess I'll just play it for myself and see!

Kun_ADR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cambodia
Damn, I hope someone could pick up this project. I've been holding off from playing this game until it is 100% translated and now it is sad to see this project falling apart due to nonsensical drama (no offend).

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Amimit123

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Professor quest for blasters won’t show up after chapter 7
Any help ?
Post automatically merged:

Poofesor quest for blasters wont show up after chapter 7

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's on gamebanana, they are on 1.7.1 now also

songokueleven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone have cheat of unlimited crank a kai that are working?
The current cheat for unlimited crank a kai work at start of the games, but i realize it doesnt work anymore as i progress into the game (now im at chptr 7)
Thank you!

NebulousNeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kota is massively projecting hard in his last reply and you are feeding him what he wants. Kota is the massive clout chaser, not Light. I can tell you from personal experience with Kota that he does not give a shit about anything but the credit and clout projects like this give him and doesn't do anything for them himself. He lets other people who don't know what they're doing in do the work for him because he claims to be so busy, and he wants it done as fast as it can so it can be rushed out the door and get attention. Every person I've talked to who has worked with him in recent memory has told me he's incredibly distant and doesn't do anything outside of empty "keep up the good work" type messages.

His YW1 Switch patch was just a repackaged version of the official English translation of the 3DS version. He did no actual translation work on that and just recycled the script as well as some image assets from it. His Busters 2 patch was handled by native Italian speakers who were playing Google Translate telephone and ad-libbed the majority of all of the in-game dialogue. When I asked why they were doing this in his Discord server, Kota pinged everyone in the server to dogpile on me and the people working on the patch harrassed me via DM. Earlier versions of this YW4 patch were of a similar quality. He could not keep a consistent group of people working on it.

I have talked to Light several times both before and after all of this happened and I know for a fact he was genuinely interested in making a patch and was putting a lot of work into this. Kota was gatekeeping information and knowhow from him and only offered it to him on the condition that Light worked under him. From what Light told me, Kota gave him text files that were "already done" by the last group, but they were such low quality that he had to completely retranslate and rewrite everything. Kota in general was very distant and did nothing, claiming he was too busy with his job to contribute anything. This along with some other things convinced Light to take over and nudge Kota out. After all, Kota hadn't been making any meaningful contributions or doing anything worthy of the title "Project Lead", so why should he get "the medal" for it?

This sort of account tracks with my personal experiences with Kota. Many times both while I was working on this patch and afterwards when I asked him about the quality issues with the Busters 2 patch, he would constantly say he was too busy or consistently deflect and try to change the subject to something completely unrelated and tried to act all buddy-buddy with me while also being passive-aggressive about my constructive criticism. It got to a point where I was ultimately done with his shit and just told him good luck, and now whenever I hear of a "fan translation" attributed to his name I cringe because people don't know how much of a unapologetic asshole he is and it's even more pathetic now that he's whining about people who were actually putting genuine work in kicking him out for doing nothing. He doesn't deserve shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Greetings, Gentlemen