ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ Switch English Translation Project

Himinuto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How easy is to mod a game to translate it?
I want to do some poor Google Translate with poor editing skills for myself(because I have no guts to release a thing that ugly to the community)
I honestly have no Idea - would do it myself if I could. I suppose someone could go in and just make a word document that someone could read through if they really wanted to play the game - beats google lens i guess

Reactions: AlineP

Himinuto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How easy is to mod a game to translate it?
I want to do some poor Google Translate with poor editing skills for myself(because I have no guts to release a thing that ugly to the community)
Honestly I have no idea - I would be doing that rn if I knew how.
I suppose someone could go in and make a .txt file with all the text of the game on it if someone really wanted to - better than google lens i suppose

Reactions: AlineP

Himinuto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you install this and put it onto the game? I don't know how to put this download onto the nintendo switch, could you send a tutorial or explain how? Please respond as soon as possible! Thanks!
You need to have a modded switch search how to do that first. Once you’re done with all that, come back and you’ll understand pretty easily how to install it. when you install the files there probably will be a “how to” like they implemented into the yo kai watch 1 thing. Just drag the files to their respective directories and you good

NjordFroste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Alright so for the first progress post on this project I've got a question for all my fellow modder savvy friends out there. The main files for Yokai Watch 4 ++ are .cpk for compression and then when extracted it's g4pk files and g4mt files. Anyone familiar with these file types? With Yokai Watch 1 I used the Kuriimu and Kuriimu2 program for all the translations and packing/unpacking file management. Was hoping to do the same with this game. Could anyone assist me with some knowledge or point me in the right direction for the correct way to go with these file structures? I've got the games files extracted and found the folders holding everything I need but no idea how to once again go about these file formats. Thanks in advance for all the help my friends!
Hi! I know that It was 1 year ago but, Can you explain me how to extract the .cpk files to g4pk? I want to try to translate the game

Bánh Mì

Trophies
XP
Country
you guys want this?
1651489573038.jpeg

led

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
enfaite je suis sur yuzu moi et je ne sais pas ou je dois mettre le mod pour traduire mon jeu

in fact I'm on yuzu and I don't know where I should put the mod to translate my game

Last edited by VinsCool,

Jenrikku

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I have got some translations done into the game but I can not get the cpk to generate properly, what tool was used for making this mod?

Edit: Seems that it is possible to extract the contents of a cpk file using Kuriimu2, then edit the cfg.bin files, which contain the text, using Kuriimu and finally use Kuriimu2 again in order to inject the cfg.bin inside the cpk. You can download these tools in their github repositories.

Last edited by Jenrikku,

YokaiWatchLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so for the first progress post on this project I've got a question for all my fellow modder savvy friends out there. The main files for Yokai Watch 4 ++ are .cpk for compression and then when extracted it's g4pk files and g4mt files. Anyone familiar with these file types? With Yokai Watch 1 I used the Kuriimu and Kuriimu2 program for all the translations and packing/unpacking file management. Was hoping to do the same with this game. Could anyone assist me with some knowledge or point me in the right direction for the correct way to go with these file structures? I've got the games files extracted and found the folders holding everything I need but no idea how to once again go about these file formats. Thanks in advance for all the help my friends!

You can either create a "contents" folder in your atmosphere folder, or look and see if you already have a "contents" folder there. After that put the 010086C00AF7C000 folder in the "contents" folder and you should be good! Oh but make sure your game is updated to version 2.2.0 or you'll get a crash when you try and start the game. It worked for me, so I hope it works for you too!

IceBr8kr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT PROJECT CREATED BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yokai-10.png

The time has finally come to take on the ultimate adventure of translating Yo-kai Watch 4 ++ for the lovely Yo-kai Watch community! If you aren't aware I have already translated Yo-kai Watch 1 for the Nintendo Switch and it was a treat and my introduction to this amazing series. If you haven't already go check out that awesome project here at the link below!

Link to the YW1 English Translation Project:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-yo-kai-watch-1-switch-english-translation-project.577591/

Mad shout outs to MasaGratoR for his help with creating all the tools needed to make this mod possible and Destockjapan and Miken for continuing this project into Chapter 2 and beyond. I'll post their twitter and project discord group below so that you can go support it and even potentially join their team to keep the progress rolling on this massive YW4 English translation mod!
Without these guys and all their hard work this project would not have been made a reality.
So make sure to go show them some love! They are the true MVP's of this entire project!

Screenshots of the project:

20210210.jpg

20210118.jpg

20210119.jpg

116.jpg

710.png

20210120.jpg

215.jpg

315.jpg

Link to their YW4 Project Discord: https://t.co/oXofdylGK0?amp=1

Link to Destock's Twitter page for regular project updates: https://twitter.com/yokaiwatchwww

Link to download the Mod's latest release version 0.0.2:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fnrZWsSOw8clt4dcNzaQx8SYnx6K-hd9/view?usp=sharing

Installation:

(MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE LATEST UPDATED GAME VERSION)

Installation of the project is very easy its a simple drag and drop. Everything is built around LayeredFS. So all you have to do is move the supplied "010086C00AF7C000" folder to the corresponding directory listed below depending on what Firmware you are using.

ATMOSPHERE DIRECTORY: Atmosphere/contents

SXOS DIRECTORY: SXOS/titles

Keep in mind when updating the mod to a newer released version it is always advisable to delete all the old files to avoid any possible errors or data corruption that might occur. Just delete the entire old folder and move the new versions folder in its place.
Is this fully translated?

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A shame this project seems to be dead. It would have been nice to see be able to play this game in English.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*