ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay, had some stuff to finish. Here's the saves. The 18th of Spring is the one that messes up.
Alright, so I'm not getting a crash in any part of your farm. I tried both Luma and NTR, neither gave me any problems. I did notice you have mushroom logs in your farm, which is most likely the cause of the crash. I've had multiple reports of crashes stopping after the logs have been removed.

I have no idea why I don't experience the crashes myself, but I have no way of figuring out a fix on my own without being able to replicate the problem. I do think you should try my earlier suggestion of combining TLE into the v1.1 update cia. I can't promise it'll fix the problem, but it's worth a shot if you want to use all your items.

spicytaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! thank you for your effort in making this patch :^)!
I have the same problem that FarmingFox concerning the Valentine's Day event. I've tried replaying the day over a few times, and the game will either go black with the music still playing or replay an event I viewed earlier (for me, the one where the wild animals would give you a gift when you walk outside of your house). I've also tried renaming the files in the romfs folder but that didn't work, but I totally could've not done that right somehow lol.

AnshiAneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi! First things first - thank you for making this patch! When I found about it, I was really eager to play, but.... well, I have a problem :'D
When I try to turn the game on, I have the "an exception occurred" error. It's possible that I forgot to do something important, since I'm still very noob in these kinda things. I patched it using luma and everything on my 3ds should be up to date. Other patches are working fine and I did everything according to the guide.

Catsaber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't get this to work on citra for some reason, i've used the hackingtoolkit3ds to extract/switch the romfs files/rebuild but for some reason the rainbow in the home screen doesn't show up and the flowers next to an eligible person of the same gender also doesn't show up for me, i'm not sure if the 1.1 update interferes with this so i will prob try to patch with an older version later to be sure =/

maybe it could be related to the plugin folder? not sure if and where am i supposed to place that in this case (tried with it inside the roomfs folder and without it but it looks like nothing happened in both cases)

Edit: turns out that yes, that was the issue. When you manually install the 1.1 update + dlc it creates 2 folders in the same place as citra save directory, deleting those 2 fixed the job (i deleted the Story of Seasons save file folder too just to be sure)

Last edited by Catsaber,
Reactions: Luushar

Kiyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there!

First of all - thank you so much for this patch! It brightens up my gaming life ♥
Unfortunately a friend of mine doesn't have so much luck - and we don't know why it's the cause.
She's using Luma 9.1. and an european Catridge of SoS - BUT she also downloaded the US-Version of SoS via freeShop.

She told me, that she has done every step and still no rainbow when she starts the game.

Can somebody help us? It would be nice...

Teabo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get this to work on citra for some reason, i've used the hackingtoolkit3ds to extract/switch the romfs files/rebuild but for some reason the rainbow in the home screen doesn't show up and the flowers next to an eligible person of the same gender also doesn't show up for me, i'm not sure if the 1.1 update interferes with this so i will prob try to patch with an older version later to be sure =/

maybe it could be related to the plugin folder? not sure if and where am i supposed to place that in this case (tried with it inside the roomfs folder and without it but it looks like nothing happened in both cases)

Edit: turns out that yes, that was the issue. When you manually install the 1.1 update + dlc it creates 2 folders in the same place as citra save directory, deleting those 2 fixed the job (i deleted the Story of Seasons save file folder too just to be sure)

Hi there, I would send you a private message but I'm not really sure how to on this website lol

Do you mind sharing how you got this patch to work in citra? I'm not very tech savvy - like at all. So if you're ok with it, could you explain it to me in simple terms?

If anyone else knows, I'd be grateful if you could help me.

Last edited by Teabo,
Reactions: Luushar

ConKonner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! First things first - thank you for making this patch! When I found about it, I was really eager to play, but.... well, I have a problem :'D
When I try to turn the game on, I have the "an exception occurred" error. It's possible that I forgot to do something important, since I'm still very noob in these kinda things. I patched it using luma and everything on my 3ds should be up to date. Other patches are working fine and I did everything according to the guide.
Hey there!

First of all - thank you so much for this patch! It brightens up my gaming life ♥
Unfortunately a friend of mine doesn't have so much luck - and we don't know why it's the cause.
She's using Luma 9.1. and an european Catridge of SoS - BUT she also downloaded the US-Version of SoS via freeShop.

She told me, that she has done every step and still no rainbow when she starts the game.

Can somebody help us? It would be nice...

I believe there was an update/dlc file needed for the USA version; not sure about EU

mythwisp

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey silrae, im having issues with siluka's valentines event. the first year i tried it, it just played the previous event i had before the encounter and in the 2nd year when she was the first person i went to, the game went black, i then pressed Y and i could get into my inventory, and afterwards i was stuck in a wall in my house LOL. i can provide the save file if needed :) .

asam

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So lads, I already make a mistake. I put the mushroom log down and save. Can anyone teach me how to unpatch, so that i can remove the logs from my farm.

Breno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! Thanks a lot for this patch.
I'm having a problem. I don't know if happens because I'm using Citra but when I try to talk with any character I freeze.
But the game still playing.
Sorry for my English.

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno how many people still watch this thread or use the patch, but I've found a workaround for the Valentine's Day glitch.

To be clear, the glitch I'm describing happens when you're going steady or married and attempt to gift your sweetie a sweet to get the date event-- the game will hang on a black screen and refuse to progress. You're able to open your rucksack, which fixes the bottom screen, but the top screen will remain black.

The workaround is this: Boot into Luma's menu (power on the 3ds while holding Select) and disable game patching-- this will prevent the TLE files from being loaded. Now, boot the game and load the affected save; preferably you will be on Valentine's Day so you can view the event and revert to the TLE immediately after.

Use a cheat plugin to change your character's gender to what the game would normally have you be-- i.e. if you're dating Kasumi, change your gender to male. Proceed to gift your sweetie the food and view the event as normal. Change your gender back, save and turn off your 3ds, then hold Select and boot back into Luma's menu to enable game patching again.

If for whatever reason you can't get a working cheat list to change your gender, send me a PM and I'll send you the one I'm using-- only for CTRPF however. Hope this helps anyone who is still using the TLE and wants to enjoy the event.

Reactions: Luushar and Gisella

heli0centric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I would just like to note that combining the 1.1 update with the patch files and installing that cia fixed the problem where sometimes entering a part of my farm with mushroom logs would cause the game to crash. Thank you for the patch :)

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I would just like to note that combining the 1.1 update with the patch files and installing that cia fixed the problem where sometimes entering a part of my farm with mushroom logs would cause the game to crash. Thank you for the patch :)

WHAT??

Wait... Hold on, this is the TLE patch thread. And it was my patch that had this issue, not TLE (as far as I know).

You're saying you fixed the Mushroom Log issue in my Hamtaro/Cheburashka restoration patch??

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I thought that would fix the issue but I was never able to test it myself because I could never replicate the crash. Now I can update the op with instructions on how to fix it. Seriously, thanks!

WHAT??

Wait... Hold on, this is the TLE patch thread. And it was my patch that had this issue, not TLE (as far as I know).

You're saying you fixed the Mushroom Log issue in my Hamtaro/Cheburashka restoration patch??
Nah, I've had this issue for a while with my patch too. It was only after the 1.1 update happened that the crashes showed up, so I figured that layeredfs and the update were messing with each other.

If you combine your patch's files with the 1.1 update cia, it'll get rid of the crash. I've been using a custom cia I built that combines the 1.1 update, my patch, and the base game and I never had problems with that either.

Reactions: ubergeek77

heli0centric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT??

No, I've never used any patch other than TLE but maybe the same solution would work. I had issues with random crashes on fields with mushroom logs, and it was suggested earlier in this thread that installing the files as a cia might help. Previously I used Luma's LayeredFS to patch the game.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I thought that would fix the issue but I was never able to test it myself because I could never replicate the crash. Now I can update the op with instructions on how to fix it. Seriously, thanks!

Nah, I've had this issue for a while with my patch too. It was only after the 1.1 update happened that the crashes showed up, so I figured that layeredfs and the update were messing with each other.

If you combine your patch's files with the 1.1 update cia, it'll get rid of the crash. I've been using a custom cia I built that combines the 1.1 update, my patch, and the base game and I never had problems with that either.

This is incredible news. This issue has plagued my patch (and yours I suppose) for over a year!!!

I couldn't figure out how to fix it. Nothing made any sense. I gave up. And now the solution was this simple the whole time? It's crazy!

I never considered messing with the 1.1 cia because my patch is based on it. Most of the stuff I use is pulled from the 1.1 update to make everything work. So I spent a lot of time looking for errors in my own changes and got nowhere. And I never considered not using LayeredFS because, well, that's what everyone did to replace files. I never considered the possibility that it could introduce problems that wouldn't otherwise happen if the modified game files were there originally.

So I guess this was more of a highly specific LayeredFS issue with this one game?

This is insane. But yeah, thanks a TON, heli0centric! This is one hell of a discovery.

Last edited by ubergeek77, , Reason: In my defense, it felt like two years.
Reactions: Silrae

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Since we can't have CIA files like that posted here, could you post an IPS patch for the 1.1 update CIA or post the patched CIA on that ISO site? Thanks.

Tiddledoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't seem to get this to work on Citra. A rainbow appears on the title screen and a flower appears for every bachelor/ette but whenever I trigger dialogue for the other gender (I assume) the game hangs. Anyone else having this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1