ROM Hack [WIP] Shin Megami Tensai IV Final - English Translation

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@shahanshah Well I mean Flynn, Isabeau, Jonathan, Walter, and Navarre make an appearance, but even if I did change Shesha's name and only their name, you'd know lol

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@shahanshah Well I mean Flynn, Isabeau, Jonathan, Walter, and Navarre make an appearance, but even if I did change Shesha's name and only their name, you'd know lol
Not really, there are plenty of new characters in Final as well, and I don't know any of their names. If only Shesha's name is changed, I won't be able to tell who have had their names changed.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really, there are plenty of new characters in Final as well, and I don't know any of their names. If only Shesha's name is changed, I won't be able to tell who have had their names changed.
Like I mean if I were to change them right now, it'd only be Shesha's name, and you could tell. But honestly I'm thinking of changing Navarre's name to buttsniffer or something. Buttstallion!!!

Edit: I'm only kitten about that meow.

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Like I mean if I were to change them right now, it'd only be Shesha's name, and you could tell. But honestly I'm thinking of changing Navarre's name to buttsniffer or something. Buttstallion!!!

Edit: I'm only kitten about that meow.
Only if you change it to something ridiculous, such as buttstallion. Change it to some random name with a similar tone to the other characters in-game, and I don't see how I would be able to odd him/her out.

shinto29

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, what plugin to you have to use for this? Could I get an idea of a file structure also? I got the DLC working fine but the translation isn't working.

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, what plugin to you have to use for this? Could I get an idea of a file structure also? I got the DLC working fine but the translation isn't working.
They should be in the main post, if you're using patch 1.1 with dlc just use the 1.1, otherwise do 1.0. And the files itself should be included in the release at the bottom of the main post

shinto29

Trophies
XP
Country
I can see that, I'm using 1.1 with DLC but where do I put the translation files? In the SMTIVFinal folder at root with the title id folder inside it?

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can see that, I'm using 1.1 with DLC but where do I put the translation files? In the SMTIVFinal folder at root with the title id folder inside it?
"Install into a folder called SMT4Final on the root of your SD." so your file structure should be something like this with the folders listed contained inside it.

D:\SMT4Final\
\battle
\bible
\camp
\font
\item
\saveLoadUI
\status
\title

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
upload_2016-4-11_20-5-11.png

Found the skills names! :)

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, looking forward to the next release!

@Bastani Quick question. When you tried to build the patch into the v1.1 update, were you able to unpack the romFS successfully?

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, looking forward to the next release!

@Bastani Quick question. When you tried to build the patch into the v1.1 update, were you able to unpack the romFS successfully?
It's non existent, the patch only contains an exeFS
I'm afraid that for any skill name incorporations you'll have to rebuild the whole game

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. I was wondering why the romfs was 0kb, makes sense now. Yeah rebuilding the cia would be a pain, but it would it would be nice to play this without BootNTR. How did you go about rebuilding the romfs, exefs, and ExHeader from the v1.1 update back to a CIA?

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah ok. I was wondering why the romfs was 0kb, makes sense now. Yeah rebuilding the cia would be a pain, but it would it would be nice to play this without BootNTR. How did you go about rebuilding the romfs, exefs, and ExHeader from the v1.1 update back to a CIA?
I used 3dstool to repack it into a CIA, but regardless of what I did to the NCCH header nothing changed on whether or not the romfs is accessed, I think it has to be written in the exeFS that the romfs needs to be accessed.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. So I guess I'm stuck with CTR CFW or rebuilding the whole game and reinstalling for each patch update. I can wait till a "final" (no pun intended) release of the patch before I rebuild the game cia again. Lets hope atlus releases a v1.2 patch that access the romfs. :)

Bastani

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Makes sense, thanks for clarifying. So I guess I'm stuck with CTR CFW or rebuilding the whole game and reinstalling for each patch update. I can wait till a "final" (no pun intended) release of the patch before I rebuild the game cia again. Lets hope atlus releases a v1.2 patch that access the romfs. :)
It's kinda sad because even if you do patch the game, you need NTR to access the DLC.

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm hoping eaither AuReiNand or Cakes (or a new CFW mastermind) could do something similar to the langemu plugin, it would make life much easier.

EDIT: @Bastani The latest commit of AuReiNand has language emulation built in but SMT IV Final hangs on boot with everything set up. Idk if you use this firmware, but if everything gets ironed out with that feature, building the translation files into the DLC will be pretty easy.

EDIT 2:
MZswQuh.jpg

Last edited by ongo_gablogian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...