ROM Hack [WIP] Rhythm Tengoku Best+ English Translation

Would you play an English version of RTGB+?

• Total voters

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Woo! An official translation!

Alright, here's the plan for this project:

We still don't know when the official English version is coming out so what I'm going to do is add all of RandomKid150's translations into the game since I don't want his hard work to have gone to waste. He's pretty much translated the entire story dialog so that'll be nice to have while we eagerly await the official version. After that, I think I'll call it a final release and cease development. There is a tonne of additional dialog in the Cafe as well as all of the item's stories that have not yet been translated, but with all of the games and the main story translated, I'm comfortable calling this project a success.

Additionally, I did write a bunch of tools that could hopefully be of some use to other translation projects that I'll be releasing, so at the very least that's a positive outcome of this project :)

Thanks for all the support!

Thank you for your work with this project! I would also call this project a huge success! :)

Reactions: RandomKid150

ISupposeHey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I'm having some issues applying the patch on a Mac. I've dumped my romfs.bin, downloaded the current patch and the XPatch port, and inputted the command into the application (changing the filename of the patch to reflect the update). When I press enter, nothing happens, it just takes me to a new line. Would anyone happen to know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.

ObsidianB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I'm having some issues applying the patch on a Mac. I've dumped my romfs.bin, downloaded the current patch and the XPatch port, and inputted the command into the application (changing the filename of the patch to reflect the update). When I press enter, nothing happens, it just takes me to a new line. Would anyone happen to know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be appreciated.

There won't be any output on the command line but you will get a new file: "romfs.english.bin" (if you used the command from the OP)

ISupposeHey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There won't be any output on the command line but you will get a new file: "romfs.english.bin" (if you used the command from the OP)
Yeah, that's the issue, I'm sorry. I believe I've done everything as instructed, and end up with no "romfs.english.bin" file, I just still only have the romfs.bin and the patch. I'll keep trying different things and update if I have any success. I do appreciate you replying, thank you!

EDIT: whenever I launch XDelta, it throws out the command "COMPUTER-NAME:~ USER$ /Users/USER/Desktop/3ds/xdelta3/xdelta3-64 ; exit;". would the exit command have something to do with the issues I've been facing, and if so, would you have any idea why? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ISupposeHey,

Diego788

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
about the launch date for rhythm heaven megamix that is TBA
whats the date you think that rhythm heaven megamix will be released?

i think that around september and october... \ ._. /
maybe we will got the date at the e3

internetakias

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i believe that nintendo will translate the gba game and then... release on the WiiU eShop.... idk
You sure about that? To my knowledge, Nintendo has never translated an old game from scratch. Even Mother 1's translation is based on an old, unreleased one as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: