WIP (Mameda no Bakeru English Translation)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can it be called "Completed" when in fact we know that this game will get new content updates in future? If for some reason this project will fall out and game will get new content, we can't call it complete anymore, right? :P

I think staying in WIP state while game is actively supported is not something to be ashamed of.
I suppose you're correct haha

Reactions: Ligeia and mathew77

verypedro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yo, thank you so much for this! I was already enjoying the game in Japanese, but now I can enjoy it fully!

Also your work here has been exceptional and could easily pass as an official translation

Reactions: Ligeia

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yo, thank you so much for this! I was already enjoying the game in Japanese, but now I can enjoy it fully!

Also your work here has been exceptional and could easily pass as an official translation
I second that, it's really professional level quality.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I second that, it's really professional level quality.
Thanks guys, there's still a way to go until I'd consider it professional, and we will be doing a later patch for whatever the last game update is, it'll have a couple of clean up bits that I may have missed in 1.0, but nothing game changing.

Reactions: Ligeia

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A bit of neat news is that Good-Feel have put out a demo for the game.
https://mameda--bakeru-com.translat...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

The demo allows you to carry over progress to the full version of the game (running v1.1.1)

I'd heard that the game hadn't sold amazingly well at launch, but they look to be making an effort to get the game off the ground with both the demo, and from what I understand a promotion in CoroCoro, and a manga.

Reactions: KongsNutz

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of neat news is that Good-Feel have put out a demo for the game.
https://mameda--bakeru-com.translat...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

The demo allows you to carry over progress to the full version of the game (running v1.1.1)

I'd heard that the game hadn't sold amazingly well at launch, but they look to be making an effort to get the game off the ground with both the demo, and from what I understand a promotion in CoroCoro, and a manga.
The promo with CoroCoro was for a pre-order Manga, if I have time I'll also translate that.
1705354366367.png

1705354378276.png

tuko1982

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Many thanks for that awesome translation ! It makes the game finally understandable for us :)

Game v1.1.0 has been crashing for me with the english mod just before level 50. Retried without the mod and I was able to continue playing. Any plan to give 1.1.1 a try ?

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Many thanks for that awesome translation ! It makes the game finally understandable for us :)

Game v1.1.0 has been crashing for me with the english mod just before level 50. Retried without the mod and I was able to continue playing. Any plan to give 1.1.1 a try ?
I'm past level 60 and I had no such issue (just for information).

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

English Translation v1.0.1​

Note This is a bug fix and typo fix release mainly with a few new textures that have been cleaned up or slightly altered. If you notice anything else, please report in ⁠bugs-mistakes-reporting on discord. This is likely the last update for this until the final "game update" releases from GoodFeel, then I'll back port all changes to the latest update at that time, it's a significant amount of work so I want to be sure it's 100% the last update.

First post updated with new link to 1.0.1.

Changelog:

• Spelling mistakes.
  • Punctuation.
  • Some Unchiku texts now look nicer and fit better.
  • Name consistency in cutscenes.
  • Altered Logos (Fairytale Drama)
  • Rank texture changed during those missions.
  • Save data descriptions fixed.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game, update file and the translation patch. Where do I put the atmosphere folder to get this to work via Yuzu or Ryujinx?

Last edited by Korudo,

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the game, update file and the translation patch. Where do I put the atmosphere folder to get this to work via Yuzu or Ryujinx?
Right click the game in Yuzu, click open mod directory, and set up the folders like this:

\Yuzu\load\0100BF401AF9C000\*whatevernameyouwant*\romfs\Data\*etc etc*

atmosphere is just for console use

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I can't seem to install the update though, it keeps saying it failed. Booting the game without the update just hangs on the Yuzu loading screen forever.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks! I can't seem to install the update though, it keeps saying it failed. Booting the game without the update just hangs on the Yuzu loading screen forever.
This game is known to crash on Yuzu when using the first warp pad in the first level (maybe that's been fixed since I last checked though).

IIRC updates failing to install in Yuzu means you have incorrect prodkeys installed.
You should ensure that you have both the latest Switch Firmware and prodkeys installed as a pair, which applies to both Yuzu and Ryujinx.
It might also suggest that you have an invalid update file, but I think that's less likely.

Reactions: Korudo

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legendary! Thanks so much for this!

UPDATE: Finally got around to trying it out. It brings back all the Ganbare Goemon warm and fuzzies! That said, (sadly) the obscurity of this game doesn't bold well for it outside of Japan, as was the case for the Goemon series. Even though the Switch has a massive install base, I find it hard to imagine anyone taking a chance on this, especially with the current landscape of the game industry.

Thanks again to @KongsNutz and all those involved in this translation!

Wish List:
Updated to work with 1.1.1 game update
Translated title screen

Last edited by gamecaptor,

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Last edited by RupeeClock,
Reactions: Ligeia and mathew77

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A v1.2.0 update has been released for the game, which has some significant changes to both content and text that needs translation.

It adds a new "CoroCoro Island" stage, a "Fushigi Raccoon Dog Statue" to the ship, revises some of the Unchiku trivia, and has general fixes. It details which specific Unchiki entries have been replaced or corrected too.
I'm very aware and it's also only Pack 1, meaning there will be more. Unfortunately the way they have created this game means with each update I have to redo each level. So I will be waiting for an announcement on Pack 2
Post automatically merged:

Legendary! Thanks so much for this!

UPDATE: Finally got around to trying it out. It brings back all the Ganbare Goemon warm and fuzzies! That said, (sadly) the obscurity of this game doesn't bold well for it outside of Japan, as was the case for the Goemon series. Even though the Switch has a massive install base, I find it hard to imagine anyone taking a chance on this, especially with the current landscape of the game industry.

Thanks again to @KongsNutz and all those involved in this translation!

Wish List:
Updated to work with 1.1.1 game update
Translated title screen
The title screen is translated or do you mean the game staff credits?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto