Homebrew [WIP] rehid:- Button remapping for 3ds

Orion152456

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you access Luma3DS menu and GodMode9?
Remove the rehid folder and see if it boots (though it shouldn't happen).
GodMode9 loads forever, i don't know the shortcut to boot to luma, ill check later and i deleted the folder and it dosen't work any better...
Post automatically merged:

Can you access Luma3DS menu and GodMode9?
Remove the rehid folder and see if it boots (though it shouldn't happen).
i can access the luma 3ds menu! what should i do inside?
i found peoples with the same issue it comes from the version of luma now i just have to figure how to update it without access to my 3ds
never mind i fixed it, thanks for the help!

Last edited by Orion152456,

Chupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a strange problem with rehid 4.0. After updating from 3.0, the C-stick to circle pad part of my mapping for Pokémon Alpha Sapphire doesn't work right. Previously it moved my character around, although it wasn't able to move diagonally or at angles, and also worked in menus but felt very stiff doing so. With 4.0, it moves around in menus much more easily (if anything too easily) but now I can't move my character with it at all.

Here's the config I'm using:
JSON:
{"keys":[
{"press":"ZL","get":"B"},
{"press":"ZR","get":"A"},
{"press":"CSUP","get":"CUP"},
{"press":"CSDOWN","get":"CDOWN"},
{"press":"CSRIGHT","get":"CRIGHT"},
{"press":"CSLEFT","get":"CLEFT"}],
"cpad":[
{"press":"CSUP","get":[0,150]},
{"press":"CSDOWN","get":[0,-150]},
{"press":"CSLEFT","get":[-150,0]},
{"press":"CSRIGHT","get":[150,0]}]
}
It's intended to allow one-handed play with either hand. Left handed I use it with L=A in-game button mode. Right handed I want to use the C-stick as the circle pad -- optimally I'd like it to work as an analog but that doesn't seem possible, but now on 4.0 it just plain doesn't work at all except in menus.

Is there some change I need to make, or is this a bug?

GodMode9 loads forever, i don't know the shortcut to boot to luma, ill check later and i deleted the folder and it dosen't work any better...

i can access the luma 3ds menu! what should i do inside?
i found peoples with the same issue it comes from the version of luma now i just have to figure how to update it without access to my 3ds
never mind i fixed it, thanks for the help!
Don't know if it's the problem you have, but I got a similar crash when I updated Luma to 13.x without also updating rehid to the new /Luma/sysmodules cxi/ips-based version that the helper app downloads AND deleting/renaming the old /luma/titles bin-based version. Similarly if I go back to Luma 12.x, I have to delete/rename the cxi and ips files and bring back the bin files or I get a crash.

Squid-Nayth

Trophies
XP
Country
France
good evening, please i need help to install rehid i don't know why but it doesn't work on my new 3ds xl with luma v.13 .0.2, yet I followed the instructions I downloaded the file rehid3dsx, I opened it with the homebrew menu and I installed the latest version then I redemarez I created a file with the title ID of super mario 3d land with inside his file rehind.json. and I activated the game patching and load externl firms and mofules in the menu of luma.
SD:\luma\titres\0004013000001D02.cxi
SD:\rehid\0004000000053F00\rehid.json
rehind.json
{"keys":[{"press":"ZR","get":"R"},{"press":"ZL","get":"L"}]}
note that i use a mac to move files from the sd card, and i also tried the cia version of rehid by installing the cia via fbi to see and it still doesn't work.

I'm trying to use the zr key instead of the r key because the r key no longer works.

sorry for the inconvenience I finally found the solution :)

Last edited by Squid-Nayth,

hiryuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kartik, is there a chance of adding support for Circle Pad Pro for the o3DS in a future build? I'm not sure if this is even possible, but it would be great for those of us with older units. Either way, fantastic job!

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having a real hard time changing something that theoretically should be simple. I want to change the D-PAD to act as the Circle Pad in Mario Kart 7, However, I also don't want to lose the possibility to change viewpoints so I can change the camera. However, doing both seems to be madness.

If I change D-PAD to C-PAD on General Options, up on the D-PAD will still change the viewpoint. So It's tough to either steer the glider or throw items up or down since it would constantly change the viewpoint if I tried doing that.
If I change every direction on the D-PAD do the Control Pad using the Control Pad Configuration, I lose the ability to change viewpoints completely. I tried creating button combos (Say, L+R+UP for UP, or L+R+Y for UP) but they never work. I even tried putting the change of viewpoints on the touch screen but that doesn't work either.
It is impossible to simply invert both D-PAD to C-PAD and vice-versa; if you check one, the other becomes automatically unmarked, I'm out of ideas.
For the record, I'm also swapping L for R (and vice-versa) and X for A (and vice-versa) and I wonder if it has something to do with it.

Is there any way to simple change UP and DOWN into C-PAD UP and C-PAD DOWN while also keeping the original UP and DOWN buttons (which serve to change the viewpoint) available? I've tried everything at this point, but everything either enables both at the same time or disables the another altogether. No idea what I should do.

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have a config i can just import for usign c stick instead of touch screen for kid ikarus uprising? Dont wanna make it wrong! EDIT: OK so - I tried and cannot for the life of me figure out how to map the touch screen reticle movement to the c stick, anyone got some advice/help? got it setup and stuffs, and i made a rehid folder at the root of my sd card - and i have the title id for my game as a folder name with the rehid inside of it - thats all right correct?

edit2: It seems I was overthinking shit - I didnt know that ppl switched the controls to abxy for reticle before doing it - I thought they used the touch screen control way and mapped that to the c stick, got it going! :)

super neat tool! The per game mode is awesome!

Last edited by Modular511,

Mikef1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a really useful utility.
My 2ds has a busted R shoulder button that's always stuck on.
So I remapped it to the ZR button that doesn't exist.
Now I can play MK7 again.
Can a global rehid.json be created rather than on a game-by-game file?
Would make it easier for us button stuck-on users. :rofl2:

Thank-you

Chupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a really useful utility.
My 2ds has a busted R shoulder button that's always stuck on.
So I remapped it to the ZR button that doesn't exist.
Now I can play MK7 again.
Can a global rehid.json be created rather than on a game-by-game file?
Would make it easier for us button stuck-on users. :rofl2:

Thank-you
It does this. Just go into /rehid on your SD card and rename whatever config you want to use as the global one to rehid.json. If another one exists for the game you're playing, it will ignore rehid.json and use that one instead, so get rid of any title specific ones if you want to make sure it gets used everywhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/W-jzom3X0QU