Homebrew [WIP] rehid:- Button remapping for 3ds

xymewyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people, sorry for the delay, I was working on rewriting rehidhelper.
Changelog:
  • Rehidhelper is now available as a cia.
  • Should be much more stable as compared to before.
  • Luma v12.0 support.
  • Many small improvements.
Please test it and let me know if something doesn't work. ^^

BTW, are you people interested in turbofire/autofire
So, I downloaded installed (fresh) rehid through the cia, everything loads up fine, I even deleted the old rehid and folder as well as any old jsons. It won’t let me get past the pick title screen after I’ve mapped my buttons on the website, any advice? @Kartik
Post automatically merged:

How do I remap the HOME button?, I'm new to this and on the 3DS Remap Builder that option doesn't appear
Remap it on the website via the GitHub, it should be the first option (General) it asks what you’d like to map home to, proceed to create a QR code and scan it with the new version of rehid. Then I think from there it should be the last game title “Global” for global settings

Last edited by xymewyx,

Dabd96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
The odd thing is I do have game patching enabled Via Luma in the start menu when you boot up the 3DS.
I'll keep messing around with it but yeah I can't get it to work. I have the latest Rehid, luma, and 3ds firmware.

Okay so I fixed my issue, what I did was re install boot9strap then reinstall/Re-update Luma. This fixed my issue so maybe it will fix yours too.

I figured out my issue too! Your fix didn't work for me but re installing boot9strap worked for me.
I'm also having the same issue, what boot9strap version do you use, is it 1.4? does that mean that I have to delete the hack on my 3ds and reinstall everything again or I can only update the boot9strap? I will appreciate if you can help me out. Thanks in advance.

I was able to make it work but I had to update luma to the version 11 I was wondering if it's possible to make it work with the version 9.1 because in that version cheat codes are more stable like pokemon omega rubi "no outline" and also the "60 fps".

Last edited by Dabd96,

eadmaster

Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Enable both load externl firms and mofules and game pathcing from luma config menu.
I finally got it working thanks to this suggestion.
(this is the config menu)

About the turbo feature, is it possible to have the same button autofire?
e.g.:
{ "turbo":[ {"press":"A","get":"A","framedelay":1}, {"press":"B","get":"B","framedelay":1} ] }

i've tried this with River City: Tokyo Rumble and Code of Princess, but it does not work.

Also i've noticed if the json is not well-formed (e.g. missing a comma) the console will crash on game launch.

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I need some Help, The "R" button doesn't work for me because of a damage in the PCB, I want to remap it with the "ZR", what am I doing wrong? Someone help me please? See below the steps I'm doing without getting results, let's see if someone finds out and Tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I missed or else:

STEP 1: I make sure to have my NEW 3DS XL completely unlocked, updated to the latest version of LUMA including FBI, Homebrew Launcher, Ftpd and Rehid, done.
STEP 2: I restart my console and I make sure to "Enable Game Patching" (x) Done.
STEP 3: I copy the file "rehidhelper" into the folder "3ds" located in the root of my MicroSD, Done.
STEP 4: Enter to the Hombrew Launcher and load the Rehid Helper app, open the Rehid Helper app, select Download Rehid and Press the "A" button Done.
STEP 5: Once I confirm that the Rehid app has been downloaded and installed, I proceed to restart the console, Done.
STEP 6: On my computer, I went to the indicated website to create the file that will allow you to remap the Buttons, Done.
STEP 7: I Select the section: "Buttons", Done.
STEP 8: Where it says "When I press" I Select "ZR", where it says "I want to swap to" I Select "R", Done.
STEP 9: I clicked on "Save this swap" and the options of "Build this remap" and "Show as QR code" apear enabled, Done.
STEP 10: I clicked on "Show as QR code" and the QR code was generated, Done.
STEP 11: Enter to the Homebrew launcher of my console and open the Rehid Helper app, Done.
STEP 12: I Select "Scan QR Code" and scan the newly generated code on the Web. Done.
STEP 13: After scanning the QR code, the remapping I wanted "ZR > R" appeared on my console, Done.
STEP 14: I pressed the "A" button and then I selected the desired game (Zelda Between World) (in another attempt I also did it by selecting Global), I pressed "A" again, Done.
STEP 15: After the remapping is executed, I exit the Rehid Helper app and restart my console (turn off and on), Done.
STEP 16: I enter the game and try, I press the "ZR" button and nothing happens, it doesn't work, what did I do wrong?????

NOTE 1: Considering that I have the shield equipped, which is what I hope will work in this game with that button.

NOTE 2: The "ZR" button works perfectly, since I can use it freely in the menu without problems, I can move between games and screens with that button and I have no problems, I also tried it with a special app to test the 3DS buttons and it works perfectly, so it's not a matter of the "ZR" button itself, I also try swap for another Buttons (L,C-PAD, A,B,X,Y, etc same results) I don't know what else it could be, the only one that doesn't work for me is the "R" due to a problem on the motherboard where it is It connects, that's why I want it to remap to "ZR" and as soon as I get that board, this is my only option, remap to "ZR" which works perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello I need some Help, The "R" button doesn't work for me because of a damage in the PCB, I want to remap it with the "ZR", what am I doing wrong? Someone help me please? See below the steps I'm doing without getting results, let's see if someone finds out and Tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I missed or else:

STEP 1: I make sure to have my NEW 3DS XL completely unlocked, updated to the latest version of LUMA including FBI, Homebrew Launcher, Ftpd and Rehid, done.
STEP 2: I restart my console and I make sure to "Enable Game Patching" (x) Done.
STEP 3: I copy the file "rehidhelper" into the folder "3ds" located in the root of my MicroSD, Done.
STEP 4: Enter to the Hombrew Launcher and load the Rehid Helper app, open the Rehid Helper app, select Download Rehid and Press the "A" button Done.
STEP 5: Once I confirm that the Rehid app has been downloaded and installed, I proceed to restart the console, Done.
STEP 6: On my computer, I went to the indicated website to create the file that will allow you to remap the Buttons, Done.
STEP 8: Where it says "When I press" I Select "ZR", where it says "I want to swap to" I Select "R", Done.
STEP 9: I clicked on "Save this swap" and the options of "Build this remap" and "Show as QR code" apear enabled, Done.
STEP 11: Enter to the Homebrew launcher of my console and open the Rehid Helper app, Done.
STEP 12: I Select "Scan QR Code" and scan the newly generated code on the Web. Done.
STEP 13: After scanning the QR code, the remapping I wanted "ZR > R" appeared on my console, Done.
STEP 14: I pressed the "A" button and then I selected the desired game (Zelda Between World) (in another attempt I also did it by selecting Global), I pressed "A" again, Done.
STEP 15: After the remapping is executed, I exit the Rehid Helper app and restart my console (turn off and on), Done.
STEP 16: I enter the game and try, I press the "ZR" button and nothing happens, it doesn't work, what did I do wrong?????

NOTE 1: Considering that I have the shield equipped, which is what I hope will work in this game with that button.

NOTE 2: The "ZR" button works perfectly, since I can use it freely in the menu without problems, I can move between games and screens with that button and I have no problems, I also tried it with a special app to test the 3DS buttons and it works perfectly, so it's not a matter of the "ZR" button itself, I also try swap for another Buttons (L,C-PAD, A,B,X,Y, etc same results) I don't know what else it could be, the only one that doesn't work for me is the "R" due to a problem on the motherboard where it is It connects, that's why I want it to remap to "ZR" and as soon as I get that board, this is my only option, remap to "ZR" which works perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

Enable both load externl firms and mofules and game pathcing from luma config menu.
This also work for me, now it work, but... it create a new issue, so now with this setting the 3D start to blink, so I can not use the 3D, if I remove "load externl firms" then the 3D work normally, but then the "R" not working again. Any help?

Last edited by BoxNinPlay,

Dinis_Fernandes2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Changelog:
  • Luma v12.0 support.

BTW, are you people interested in turbofire/autofire?
Sorry for the question, but to use the Rehid Helper CIA you need to log the option "enable loading external FIRMs and modules", in the Luma screen ?? And thanks for working on this, this is an awesom tool!!

Changelog:
  • Luma v12.0 support.

BTW, are you people interested in turbofire/autofire?

Sorry by the question. but you need to enable any other feature asside "game patching" in Luma Screen ?? And btw, thanks for working on this. This tool is awesome !!

Sorry, but you need to enable the optio "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" in the Luma screen ?? Because, if yes, mine crashes when it's enable, because of the ARM11 is activated. What do I do ??

Last edited by Dinis_Fernandes2009,

x2brute

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have kinda added autofire/turbofire. Currently, only buttons are supported.
You need to add a "turbo" entry to your json file like this to activate the feature.
JSON:
{
    "turbo":[
        {"press":"Y","get":"A","framedelay":1}
    ]
}
Here, framedelay is the number of hid-frames after which the keypress will be applied. (Hid-frames are not the same as the game frames). You'll need to play around with this number as per your need and game. Possible values are from 0 to 255.

Please test it out, and let me know if it works for you. Any sort of feedback on how to improve this feature is welcome.
is there a way to make it so it only rapidly fires the "get" button when the "press" button is being held? instead of toggling it

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
is there a way to make it so it only rapidly fires the "get" button when the "press" button is being held? instead of toggling it
Put framedelay as 0

Sorry for the question, but to use the Rehid Helper CIA you need to log the option "enable loading external FIRMs and modules", in the Luma screen ?? And thanks for working on this, this is an awesom tool!!

Sorry by the question. but you need to enable any other feature asside "game patching" in Luma Screen ?? And btw, thanks for working on this. This tool is awesome !!

Sorry, but you need to enable the optio "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" in the Luma screen ?? Because, if yes, mine crashes when it's enable, because of the ARM11 is activated. What do I do ??
You need to post a photo of the crash screen.

What am I doing wrong?

This also work for me, now it work, but... it create a new issue, so now with this setting the 3D start to blink, so I can not use the 3D, if I remove "load externl firms" then the 3D work normally, but then the "R" not working again. Any help?
What do you mean by 3D start to blink? The slider or the actual screens?

So, I downloaded installed (fresh) rehid through the cia, everything loads up fine, I even deleted the old rehid and folder as well as any old jsons. It won’t let me get past the pick title screen after I’ve mapped my buttons on the website, any advice? @Kartik

Remap it on the website via the GitHub, it should be the first option (General) it asks what you’d like to map home to, proceed to create a QR code and scan it with the new version of rehid. Then I think from there it should be the last game title “Global” for global settings
You'll need to tell me the game where it doesn't go past the title screen.

Hey people, i see a lot of you have many questions. I request tou all to come find me on discord and I will help you all out. The link to my discord server should be in my signature.

Last edited by Kartik,

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by 3D start to blink? The slider or the actual screens?
I mean the actual screen, when you watch it, you know the transition between 2D and 3D, that kind of movement it keep doing forever, If I put the slider down, it will keep in 2D normally, but if I put the slider up (a lit of bit or on top) the 3D effect does not work well, what you see on the screen it's a transition between 3D and 2D every second and forever, until you put the slider down or disactivate "enable loading external FIRMs and modules", in the Luma screen.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi! I've released a new version of rehid today.
https://github.com/hax0kartik/rehid/releases/tag/v4.0

I've fixed some bugs and added support for luma v13.0.

I should note that after you update to luma v13.0, you need to manually remove the `/luma/titles/0004013000001D02` and `/luma/titles/0004013000003302` folder and then reinstall rehid using rehidhelper

Enjoy! :)

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When i use download latest rehid, the console restarts but it crashes when loading the main menu, any fix for this?

EDIT: Nevermind, i read the post above and all my problems were fixed

Last edited by Absolute_Vile,

GamerMan8010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've released a new version of rehid today.
https://github.com/hax0kartik/rehid/releases/tag/v4.0

I've fixed some bugs and added support for luma v13.0.

I should note that after you update to luma v13.0, you need to manually remove the `/luma/titles/0004013000001D02` and `/luma/titles/0004013000003302` folder and then reinstall rehid using rehidhelper

Enjoy! :)
Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work & support! Quick question, where am I supposed to put the .cxi? The 13.0 official release notes are a bit confusing to me in the "Simplify sysmodule CXI loading and IPD/BPS patching". Does it go in the luma/sysmodules/ folder or somewhere else?

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Awesome! Thank you for all the hard work & support! Quick question, where am I supposed to put the .cxi? The 13.0 official release notes are a bit confusing to me in the "Simplify sysmodule CXI loading and IPD/BPS patching". Does it go in the luma/sysmodules/ folder or somewhere else?
Hi, you iust need to download the rehidhelper app and download rehid through it. It automatically takes care of everything else.

nin187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your work.
I'm using per game settings but when I press the Home button to switch the game, I got confused because of the remap settings.
Can I reset the key bindings to original one when I press the Home button during game play?

In the Game: Rehid per game settings
Pressing Home screen without exiting the game: return to original key bindings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol