Homebrew [WIP] rehid:- Button remapping for 3ds

Datbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my 3ds has rehid on it and when I have external firmware on (for the sd card I downloaded rehid on) it crashes my 3ds. I can play without external firmware ,but without it I cant use action replay ds, so I would like to remove rehid . Any way I can do that?

MarbotheMapo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an issue with motion controls/gyro controls in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Some Bros. Attacks/Luiginary Moves use Motion Controls for tilting or gyro for aiming. For some reason, the first time i boot up the game and i try any bros attack that uses one of those, it works. But if i try to use any other bros attack that does that, it just simply won't work and if i go back to the first bros. attack i used it doesn't work either. It appears to be a one time use or something like that. Any fixes? (I have the latest version and a basic O3DS)

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, this is amazing. Just built a remap for Strange Journey Redux to use the touch screen a bit more, and the C-Stick for moving the camera. Did it in under 10 minutes.
I also need to make one for Bravely Default, I'm tired of mashing the X button (if you know you know).. I'll probably map it to the whole touch screen, or all C-Stick directions. I'll finally be able to complete it :3

Reactions: andreiarturo

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe share then here after you're done? ;)
This is the one for Strange Journey Redux:
Code:
{"keys":[{"press":"CSRIGHT","get":"RIGHT"},{"press":"CSLEFT","get":"LEFT"},{"press":"ZL","get":"B"},{"press":"ZR","get":"A"}],"touchtokeys":[{"press":[266,218,21,52],"get":"A"},{"press":[213,218,21,52],"get":"B"},{"press":[160,218,21,52],"get":"X"},{"press":[107,218,21,52],"get":"Y"},{"press":[54,218,21,52],"get":"R"},{"press":[1,218,21,52],"get":"L"}]}
Mappings are as follows:
  • C-Stick to D-Pad Left/Right for controlling the camera
  • Touch screen controls, according to the screenshot below
  • ZL to B
  • ZR to A (using the touch screen is not so comfortable outside of long dialogues)

Strange Journey Redux.png

As you can see, the bottom side of the image basically tells you how to control your characters. I simply mapped the touch screen area to the corresponding button, e.g. the spot with “R AUTO” to R, the spot with “Y ANALYZE” to Y, and so on.
I need a specific Python package to generate the QR code but I don't want to dirty my Linux installation more than necessary, so I will update this post as soon as I boot into Windows :3

--Edit
Added QR code

Attachments

• Strange Journey Redux.png
    Strange Journey Redux.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by SkullHex2,
Reactions: andreiarturo

NiallMitch10

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I have multiple 3ds, and I installed rehid on two of them. It works perfectly on one, but on the other, when I download the last version, and reboot, no buttons except the power one works. when I supress the title folder, the buttons works again.
Does someone have an idea of what's the issue? before all that happened, I tried to use the qr code installer but it crashed, and after that, the buttons stopped working
Hey did you ever find a fix for this? Got the exact same issue

Hartigan26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
If like me, you are looking for a solution to play Mario Kart 7 with d-pad, I found the solution because none of the methods mentioned here worked.

Works with Luma v13.0.2, the latest version of Rehid: https://github.com/hax0kartik/rehid/releases/tag/v4.0

For Mario Kart 7 [EUR] [0004000000030700]
In the folder rehid/0004000000030700 you have to edit the "rehid.json" like here:
Code:
{"cpad":[{"press":"LEFT","get":[-190,0]},{"press":"RIGHT","get":[190,0]},{"press":"UP","get":[0,190]},{"press":"DOWN","get":[0,-190]},{"press":"DOWN+LEFT","get":[-190,-190]},{"press":"DOWN+RIGHT","get":[190,-190]},{"press":"UP+RIGHT","get":[190,190]},{"press":"UP+LEFT","get":[-190,190]}]}

unfortunately, Impossible to be able to choose the camera in 1st person, I tried "press CUP get UP" or "press [0,190] get up" but it doesn't work.

Attachments

• rehid.7z
    233 bytes · Views: 23

Mew_Zee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i can't get Rehid to apply any of the QR codes I put in. My B button is shot and nothing seems to hold after I load in a qr code.

Youffie

DrBrunette
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Same here, when i go to the Scan QR to apply, i see all my tittles after i scanned the QR code but nothing happens, no button can be pressed except for the start button that goes back to the 3DS menu...

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Rehid just doesn't work anymore for some reason. I had all these custom control set-ups, and now they've all gone *poof*. I've tried reinstalling, scanning QR codes, and reapplying the button mapping, and nothing will apply anymore. I see many people are starting to have this issue. Anyone know what's going on?

Kitsune_sempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
still works fine on my end.
I know I had issue a while back with a ne system update and the fix was to reinstall rehid using the cia in the github page.
what firmware version is on your system?

Also have we ever figured out gyro for rehid? MGS3 and resident evil with gyro would be the absolute bees' knees!

Reactions: Thee_Stranger

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still works fine on my end.
I know I had issue a while back with a ne system update and the fix was to reinstall rehid using the cia in the github page.
what firmware version is on your system?

Also have we ever figured out gyro for rehid? MGS3 and resident evil with gyro would be the absolute bees' knees!
Not exactly sure, but I would wager the latest version of Luma. I update it through the Universal Uploader from time to time.

Regardless, it would appear that I was having the same issue. I don't know if the firmware update itself caused it, or if the .3dsx version of Rehid Helper broke somewhere along the way. The github file mentions something about a broken link with the .3dsx, and whenever I would attempt to download Rehid from the Helper app, I would notice -- after the button mappings not applying -- that a zipped/compressed folder would appear in my SD card after hooking it to my PC. I surmise that was supposed to be my rehid download. The github also instructs you to manually delete the original rehid file under the Luma directory before reinstalling via the new Rehid Helper cia. Installing the Rehid file manually doesn't seem to work for whatever reason, so you apparently have to use the cia to download it.

Back in business now. Thanks for the input. :yaynds:

And what I'd personally really like to see is a version of Rehid that you can apply to DS & DSiware games on 3DS, that utilizes the C-Pad. There's a good handful of those games which controls' could use a fixing as well.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Last edited by Thee_Stranger,

Luigitheguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using rehid perfectly fine but then as soon as I switch the default micro SD with a new 128 GB one, rehid's button mappings just stopped working for my games. When I put the original SD back in the handheld, the buttons worked again. What am I supposed to do to get the remaps working on my 128 GB SD card?

Last edited by Luigitheguy,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was using rehid perfectly fine but then as soon as I switch the default micro SD with a new 128 GB one, rehid's button mappings just stopped working for my games. When I put the original SD back in the handheld, the buttons worked again. What am I supposed to do to get the remaps working on my 128 GB SD card?
is the new sd card formmated to Fat32?

Luigitheguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the new sd card formmated to Fat32?
Yeah. It is.
Post automatically merged:

I’m pretty sure it only allows FAT32 cards anyways
Post automatically merged:

Something else I noticed was that when I tried reinstalling rehidhelper and rehid itself, was that when I tried to download rehid, (not rehidhelper) it said Verification Failed. Please install Rehid manually. How do I install rehid manually if that's the problem?

Last edited by Luigitheguy,

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I accidentally applied a particular c-nub map globally. Is there any way to remove the global remap? Like, what directory and file? I don't think I see anything in the rehid folder....

EDIT: Nvm, think I figured it out.

EDIT, EDIT: Nvm, no, I didn't.

EDIT, EDIT, EDIT: Yeah, I was right the first time. There was a json file under all the other folders in the rehid folder. Found out something pretty cool, though... in Luigi's Mansion, if you map the D-Pad to the C-Stick, it seemingly overlays in addition to the original C-stick mapping, and makes the vacuum aiming a lot more snappy/better.

Last edited by Thee_Stranger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here