Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a way to have a kind of "legit mode" in which you can only edit the stats in a way that makes the game still register the pkmn as real?

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to have a kind of "legit mode" in which you can only edit the stats in a way that makes the game still register the pkmn as real?

This would require some kind of database about moves, eggmoves, and abilities and a lot of work. There are a lot of resources online where to check which move/ability to assign to your pokemons, i don't think it would worth the trouble. IVs and EVs editing has a check on the legality, of course.

Given that: PCHex++ should produce legit pokemon as long as you do legal modifications. I can't 100% assure this because it would require a million of tests but i've been able to trade and fight online with at least twenty different pokemons modified with PCHex++.

As a side note: OP contains an hotfix, it should now create the folders with a 100% success rate.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your work with this.
May I suggest a change log like the original pchex? Hard to keep track of your updates.

Oh, what is the boot rate with this?
Before this recent build, I used this with AS. First time, it got stuck on green screen. 2nd time it worked successfully.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Species, OT and gender editing will all come in the next build (hopefully next weekend)
Awesome! Can't wait for the Species, OT and gender editing. :D
That's mostly the only stuff missing to avoid getting my SD out again. :P

Also, dropping by to say that the latest build is working like it should, I haven't gotten into any important issues.
Only when accessing the Import folder it takes some seconds to open it but that's okay. :)

Other thing is that I can't seem to be able to edit are the party pokemon, unless that is something not implemented yet.
Well, that's my feedback so far. :)

Thanks for this wonderful app!

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your work with this.
May I suggest a change log like the original pchex? Hard to keep track of your updates.

Oh, what is the boot rate with this?
Before this recent build, I used this with AS. First time, it got stuck on green screen. 2nd time it worked successfully.

You are right, i'll start to maintain a changelog and number the builds from the next one

I would say that under normal circumstances the boot rate is pretty solid. When it gets stuck on red/yellow/green screen it is not PCHex++'s fault, it is the *hax payload failing somewhere.

Other thing is that I can't seem to be able to edit the party pokemon, unless that is something not implemented yet.
Well, that's my feedback so far. :)

Not implemented yet, editing party pokemon is a dangerous operation because the game handles them differently by the one stored in the pc. So i should think carefully about it.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are right, i'll start to maintain a changelog and number the builds from the next one

I would say that under normal circumstances the boot rate is pretty solid. When it gets stuck on red/yellow/green screen it is not PCHex++'s fault, it is the *hax payload failing somewhere.

Not implemented yet, editing party pokemon is a dangerous operation because the game handles them differently by the one stored in the pc. So i should think carefully about it.
Don't attempt that, it will corrupt the save if you try iirc. They ain't read-only in PKHeX for no reason ;)

Amazing work so far by the way. :) I would be happy about @omikes web client being connected with PCHex++ because that's a little minus at the moment.

ekiMheT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't attempt that, it will corrupt the save if you try iirc. They ain't read-only in PKHeX for no reason ;)

Amazing work so far by the way. :) I would be happy about @omikes web client being connected with PCHex++ because that's a little minus at the moment.

The party pokemon aren't read only in PKheX

dsoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Watching the progress of this project, I think that is time to start improving the design of the app. I made this based on how it looks now (just the top screen for now). Hope you like it.

PKHex++ Bottom2.png

Last edited by dsoldier,

Guantanamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
From its first release, this project is something helpful, but like @dsoldier told, its design can be better that it looks for now (very harmful for our eyes). Not the colors, as they looks nice, but, the graphic quality is not there and this doesn't reflect the great quality of this project.

Also, I have a question, where do we can change language of pokemons imported like we can do on PKHex PC Edition ? If it's not implemented yet, it will be a great addition so anyone can really personalize their pokemons imported to suit their edition of the game. Never mind if I'm wrong on something, you can tell me my error.

Anyway, thanks for the great work, I wish you a good continuation.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From its first release, this project is something helpful, but like @dsoldier told, its design can be better that it looks for now (very harmful for our eyes). Not the colors, as they looks nice, but, the graphic quality is not there and this doesn't reflect the great quality of this project.

Also, I have a question, where do we can change language of pokemons imported like we can do on PKHex PC Edition ? If it's not implemented yet, it will be a great addition so anyone can really personalize their pokemons imported to suit their edition of the game. Never mind if I'm wrong on something, you can tell me my error.

Anyway, thanks for the great work, I wish you a good continuation.

consider that the first screenshot i posted of PCHex++ looked like this: http://s10.postimg.org/mp5hxfn0p/img.png

I think that we've come a long way from there. XD

I am always open to suggestions and i already mailed dsoldier asking permission to implement the textures ^_^

Reactions: Guantanamo

RisinDevil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
consider that the first screenshot i posted of PCHex++ looked like this: http://s10.postimg.org/mp5hxfn0p/img.png

I am always open to suggestions and i already mailed dsoldier asking permission to implement the textures ^_^
Working our way up from the Atari graphics :D I'm just glad I can gen from my 3ds. I use both this and PCHex for fine tuning.

Guantanamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau

Loooollll, Oh yeah, it's at million miles from where the project started, I just think that it deserves better graphics, and that's not minimizing the quality of your great work, it's one of my favourite homebrews around there :)

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is implementing text from other languages (e.g. Japanese) impossible?

I assume that it's not a limit of PCHex++ itself, but if it is that would be a great addition, it's the only reason I have to use PKHex at the minute.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is implementing text from other languages (e.g. Japanese) impossible?

I assume that it's not a limit of PCHex++ itself, but if it is that would be a great addition, it's the only reason I have to use PKHex at the minute.

You can easily translate the files in "data", just like I did with PHBank. The GUI itself won't be translated but the moves, species, items,... will. Take the files in this archive for your language, erase "_en" at the end and put them into 3ds/pchex++/data. There is no "pokeball.txt" because it wasn't needed in PHBank, just create a new document in which you collide lines 1-17, 493-500 & 577 from the "items_en.txt".

Attachments

• PHBank_language.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 305

AileenLumina

Python main, software engineer and API designer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can easily translate the files in "data", just like I did with PHBank. The GUI itself won't be translated but the moves, species, items,... will. Take the files in this archive for your language, erase "_en" at the end and put them into 3ds/pchex++/data. There is no "pokeball.txt" because it wasn't needed in PHBank, just create a new document in which you collide lines 1-17, 493-500 & 577 from the "items_en.txt".
I assume @NukesBanana was meaning japanese text being shown as weird stuff. Afaik it's a font issue.

Reactions: NukesBanana

spooks456

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So far is working well, though I have some little suggestions.
First of all, the order in which the stats are arranged is not the one that's commonly used which isn't a big deal but if you forget then you end up with the wrong Speed/SpAtk/SpDef stats.
Also, when searching text, it takes you to the first thing in the list that matches what you werote, which makes it inconvenient when there are multiple things with similar name. For example, I wanted to put Feint on my Raichu, however it takes me to Feint Attack directly since it appears first on the list, so to find it I have to look up the move's index number, which takes away the convenience of the software. If a filter is possible instead of searching in the list, I think that would be better

Shadik09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @Slashcash I've been following this thread since it started, and it has come a long way from what it started, haven't tried latest version but looks great.
I want to help, if you like i can help with the graphics as well.
Just send me or attach the graphics that you would like to redesign to work on those directly.
If you would like to add something else let me know and I can try to work on it, as long as it is graphics and not coding, that's still kinda long way lol
Let me know and keep up the great work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay