ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would one go about replacing a unit with another completely? (For example, Takumi in Birthright to, say, Nyx.)
All you'd really need to do is replace every instance of one character in the route with another. So for the Takumi/Nyx example, you'd open the dispo, person, script, and person files for each chapter, locate every reference to Takumi, and replace it with a reference to Nyx.

Reactions: GermanTacos

GermanTacos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you'd really need to do is replace every instance of one character in the route with another. So for the Takumi/Nyx example, you'd open the dispo, person, script, and person files for each chapter, locate every reference to Takumi, and replace it with a reference to Nyx.
Thank you.

Another noob question, what about adding new classes? Is there a module for that?

zackner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone, I'm new for this places and I have a question.

I follow Tutorial 2 attached with this app, but when I add Zola to the support list I can't add supports to him. I don't know why this happen.
For more info: When I reload the support editor some time a warning tell me Oversized XML.

I use a decrypted version of my european special edition if more info can help

Sorry for my but english, but I hope you can understand me enough.

Thank you for the help.

Last edited by zackner,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm new for this places and I have a question.

I follow Tutorial 2 attached with this app, but when I add Zola to the support list I can't add supports to him. I don't know why this happen.
For more info: When I reload the support editor some time a warning tell me Oversized XML.

I use a decrypted version of my european special edition if more info can help

Sorry for my but english, but I hope you can understand me enough.

Thank you for the help.
Did you remember to export your edited GameData file after adding Zola's support table? If not, then you're getting the oversized XML error because your supports.xml file has more table entries than the GameData file you selected.

zackner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you remember to export your edited GameData file after adding Zola's support table? If not, then you're getting the oversized XML error because your supports.xml file has more table entries than the GameData file you selected.

I start from the begining again, and yes now doesn't appear the oversized XML warning but continue the problem when I try to add supports to Zola. I mean I can make zola's entries in the gamedata but I can't add supports after this.

Another question what bother me, just a little. In tutorial 2 talk about support ID in hexadecimal but in the app looks like use decimal number, maybe I'm adding a support ID that is already occupied.

Last edited by zackner,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I start from the begining again, and yes now doesn't appear the oversized XML warning but continue the problem when I try to add supports to Zola. I mean I can make zola's entries in the gamedata but I can't add supports after this.

Another question what bother me, just a little. In tutorial 2 talk about support ID in hexadecimal but in the app looks like use decimal number, maybe I'm adding a support ID that is already occupied.
Where is the issue occurring when trying to add a support for Zola?

As far as I know, the values for all of the IDs in the Nightmare modules are in hexadecimal. I did everything in hex when writing the tutorial without encountering any issues, so providing the IDs in hex should be fine.

zackner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where is the issue occurring when trying to add a support for Zola?

As far as I know, the values for all of the IDs in the Nightmare modules are in hexadecimal. I did everything in hex when writing the tutorial without encountering any issues, so providing the IDs in hex should be fine.
I try to add new supports, I select the support character, support type and click in Add and nothing happens. I try to add new supports with official characters and I have no problem.

About the hexadecimal use in Nightmare maybe I'm wrong. In the tutorial say the next free support id is 0x48 but in nightmare the digit are 0000 without x but this not mean are not in hexadecimal. My fault.

Thanks for all help, and sorry for the troubles.

Edit: Okkkkkkkkk, I believe I found my mistake. I put Zola's support ID 0072, I replace then for 0048 like the tutorials said and this allow me to add supports.

Again sorry for all the troubles an noobs mistake.

Last edited by zackner,

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thane98 for the dialogue editor, does it look for the specific file names for all of the text files? I have a different file name for my custom character's dialogue files than the default setup, and when I try to open the folder that it is in, the editor tells me that one or more files couldn't be decompressed. All of the files that give this error decompress perfectly fine in FEAT.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thane98 for the dialogue editor, does it look for the specific file names for all of the text files? I have a different file name for my custom character's dialogue files than the default setup, and when I try to open the folder that it is in, the editor tells me that one or more files couldn't be decompressed. All of the files that give this error decompress perfectly fine in FEAT.
Yes, the dialogue editor currently looks for files based off of their names from the base game. I could try and set it up to check the first line of each file instead in the next update, though that might make startup for the dialogue editor a little slow.

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the dialogue editor currently looks for files based off of their names from the base game. I could try and set it up to check the first line of each file instead in the next update, though that might make startup for the dialogue editor a little slow.
When you say first line, what exactly do you mean?
Edit:Also, would the editor see and properly edit a file that is named correctly but contains more than just the lines in the original? EX: a file that used to contain only Level up quotes having other mycastle dialogue in it.

Last edited by Omegablu,

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say first line, what exactly do you mean?
Edit:Also, would the editor see and properly edit a file that is named correctly but contains more than just the lines in the original? EX: a file that used to contain only Level up quotes having other mycastle dialogue in it.
Every text file in Fates has a line at the top before any of the actual text data identifying which kind of file it is. Using that instead of the file name would allow the editor to ignore file names completely and just look at the contents.

Right now, the editor expects messages to be organized exactly like they are in the base game, so that setup probably wouldn't work. It's something that could be supported, but I'd probably have to build a separate tool for handling DLC dialogue.

How are you planning on organizing everything? Are you putting every line associated with a character in the same file?

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every text file in Fates has a line at the top before any of the actual text data identifying which kind of file it is. Using that instead of the file name would allow the editor to ignore file names completely and just look at the contents.

Right now, the editor expects messages to be organized exactly like they are in the base game, so that setup probably wouldn't work. It's something that could be supported, but I'd probably have to build a separate tool for handling DLC dialogue.

How are you planning on organizing everything? Are you putting every line associated with a character in the same file?
Yeah, the way I have it organized right now is one file per character with everything in it. The game itself doesn't care about file names being different so long as the MID's are right, so it worked best for me to find things before your tool came out. Also, I hate to bombard you with questions but I have another one. The support editor's not been playing nice with a custom file I have that has only supports in it. Gives me an error about my support.xml not containing all the characters in the support file even though it does. Would the support editor have any issues with non-Gamedata.bin files? The format is very similar, and differs only in that it lacks data not need for supports. I can send you both my supports.xml and the support file itself if that helps.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the way I have it organized right now is one file per character with everything in it. The game itself doesn't care about file names being different so long as the MID's are right, so it worked best for me to find things before your tool came out. Also, I hate to bombard you with questions but I have another one. The support editor's not been playing nice with a custom file I have that has only supports in it. Gives me an error about my support.xml not containing all the characters in the support file even though it does. Would the support editor have any issues with non-Gamedata.bin files? The format is very similar, and differs only in that it lacks data not need for supports. I can send you both my supports.xml and the support file itself if that helps.
I can probably have a custom DLC version of the dialogue editor ready before too long if that's the format you're using. In fact, I'll see what I can do about making one later today.

The issue with the support editor might be a bit more complicated since the custom DLC file doesn't actually include any of the support data from the base game. I'll probably need to build a special editor for custom DLC supports as well, though I'm honestly not really familiar with how the files support file is formatted in DLC. Do you have any DLC supports files that I could look at?

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can probably have a custom DLC version of the dialogue editor ready before too long if that's the format you're using. In fact, I'll see what I can do about making one later today.

The issue with the support editor might be a bit more complicated since the custom DLC file doesn't actually include any of the support data from the base game. I'll probably need to build a special editor for custom DLC supports as well, though I'm honestly not really familiar with how the files support file is formatted in DLC. Do you have any DLC supports files that I could look at?
Here's an example file. The file was originally Deathchaos' and contains 3 tables: One for Chrom with a platonic MCorrin and a romantic FCorrin support, and the complementary tables for those two. With the way these files work, the FCorrin and MCorrin tables just add an entry to their existing tables rather than overwrite them. Thanks for all your hard work. Your editor is going to save me hours of labor on creating the support tables.

Attachments

• DLC Support.zip
    222 bytes · Views: 264

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've released a small update with a dialogue editor for DLC files. Here's everything included:
  • Added a dialogue editor for DLC files.
  • Updated the GUI for the config editor and dialogue editor to use material design libraries. The other editors will receive similar overhauls in the next update.
  • Made some small tweaks to the default window sizes for the main window and dialogue editor.
I haven't had time to take a look at the DLC support format yet. I finally finished SoV, so I should have some time to take care of it over the next few days.

I'd also like to note that I have a larger update prepared for the near future. I've completely eliminated the old UI from FEFNightmare and added the ability to create your own injection tools using the nightmare module format. The format should be flexible to create things like custom AID injectors or GameData editors for Awakening, Fates, and SoV. I still need to update some of the other modules to take advantage of the new format and write a tutorial on building your own injection modules, but the tool itself is already complete. Expect a release some time soon.

Reactions: Omegablu

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T
Okay, I've released a small update with a dialogue editor for DLC files. Here's everything included:
  • Added a dialogue editor for DLC files.
  • Updated the GUI for the config editor and dialogue editor to use material design libraries. The other editors will receive similar overhauls in the next update.
  • Made some small tweaks to the default window sizes for the main window and dialogue editor.
I haven't had time to take a look at the DLC support format yet. I finally finished SoV, so I should have some time to take care of it over the next few days.

I'd also like to note that I have a larger update prepared for the near future. I've completely eliminated the old UI from FEFNightmare and added the ability to create your own injection tools using the nightmare module format. The format should be flexible to create things like custom AID injectors or GameData editors for Awakening, Fates, and SoV. I still need to update some of the other modules to take advantage of the new format and write a tutorial on building your own injection modules, but the tool itself is already complete. Expect a release some time soon.
Thanks a bunch!
BTW the dialogue editor works perfectly.

Last edited by Omegablu,
Reactions: thane98

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ