ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

sleepyinigo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone know about issues regarding files going missing/getting deleted?
I was working on a small personal project to add more S Rank supports for Fates and long story short, some of my supports have seemingly been deleted after messing around with some chapter files. Every time I try to look at the dialogue editor for these it comes up with something like this, and upon checking the actual mod folders it seems the files have disappeared there too....
I've even checked Citra's mods folder but it seems they're gone from there too.

Has anyone heard of or know of anything like this happening to them?

1701987586367.png

AkitaUma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 71, in run

Exception: Failed to read data from stores.

Caused by:

0: Failed to read data from store 'indirect_sound'.

1: Failed to parse type IndirectSoundFile from file sound/IndirectSound.bin.lz

2: Failed to read typename 'IndirectSoundFile' field 'random_sound_sets' at address '0x30A50

3: Failed to read typename 'RandomSoundSetTable' field 'entries' at address '0x30A50

4: Failed to read typename 'RandomSoundSet' field 'entries' at address '0x30A50

5: Failed to read typename 'RandomSoundSetEntry' field 'sound' at address '0x30A50

6: Out of bounds address '0x30a50' with archive of size '0x30a50'.

pls help

Vahdokah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having trouble with FE10 using paragon. What i really want to do is give Mia either zelgius' or the black knight's theme, but whatever changes i make to the Battle Music Configs (US) will not go through. It'll stay without an * telling me that something was changed. Is there something i can do to force it to register a change so that i can give people themes? Also, does anyone know what the skill is called that can allow laguz to attack untransformed? I'd seriously love to be able to give laguz the ability to attack whilst untransformed.

Edit again: Is there a way to add new effects into FE10? I'd love to have a Ragnell/Alondite energy beam but different colors, like red, golden yellow, green, light blue, black and white effects

Last edited by Vahdokah,

BobtheBuild3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to modding and I wanted to use Paragon in order to set visiting rewards to 0 in order to acces them, however when launching paragon, I have a window that opens saying : "Cannot find Paragon data files. This probably means that your working directory is incorrect". It's weird because I haven't touched anything after extracting. I don't know what to do and the projects I try to create do not open. Anybody know what's causing the issue please?

PS: I'm on a mac

You probably need to upgrade Python.

But is there a reason you can't use the release builds linked to in the main post? It looks like you're trying to build Paragon which is only necessary if you're make code changes to Paragon.
Nevermind

Last edited by BobtheBuild3r,

Vahdokah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having trouble with FE10 using paragon. What i really want to do is give Mia either zelgius' or the black knight's theme, but whatever changes i make to the Battle Music Configs (US) will not go through. It'll stay without an * telling me that something was changed. Is there something i can do to force it to register a change so that i can give people themes? Also, does anyone know what the skill is called that can allow laguz to attack untransformed? I'd seriously love to be able to give laguz the ability to attack whilst untransformed.

Edit again: Is there a way to add new effects into FE10? I'd love to have a Ragnell/Alondite energy beam but different colors, like red, golden yellow, green, light blue, black and white effects
Along with this, is there any way to add new items to Radiant Dawn? I'm struggling to figure out a way to get paragon to allow me to bring in weapon model and effects from Path of Radiance into Radiant Dawn so that i can bring back some of the cooler weapons they left out like the flame lance/bolt axe/laguz slayers/gurgurant etc.

Carus45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Something I wanted to see if anybody had any ideas on is to do with the Fates battle seals, like the Visitation Seal, that boost stats when in a unit's inventory. I've been able to change the stat spreads for it in Paragon but I was wondering if it would be possible to give the seal secondary effects like enemy type effectiveness or the brave effect through the item flags, which would then apply to any combat that the unit was in. I've tried messing about with it but unfortunately nothing's worked so far. I'd love to know if anybody thinks this is possible to make work.

Carus45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,
At risk of spamming (apologies) there was just a couple more things I wanted to ask:
1) Is it possible to change the day cycles of main story maps (ie even though the Rainbow Sage map is always set at day on all 3 routes, a night version exists because you can skirmish there, so would it be possible to set that version as the main story one?)
2) That said, is it possible to remove skirmishing and scouting from the birthright/revelation routes?
Many thanks

ContentiousContentCrab

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does anyone know how to change individual reinforcements? I've only been able to change every reinforcement of the same category as a group and not individually. I want to make it so that for example every sky knight reinforcement that spawns on x tile on the map after a set amount of turns have higher stats and different skills.

Runtuntbadunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been trying to get the "self-destruct" skill in fates to work on playable units (for obvious reasons) but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work. I can't even replicate an enemy faceless using the skill, despite giving them the exact same layout for their AI and all other factors that are present in the editor as the faceless present in the conquest endgame chapter. Was wondering if by chance someone would know how to edit this or has attempted something similar before. It might be something hard coded into the endgame or something, but if anyone has any ideas that would be great! For the record I also tried to edit the skill directly with the tool but despite my efforts it seems there is nothing there to actually change how the skill is triggered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright