ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

king_frost93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the support module editor and I'm rather confused about how it works exactly.

So far, I've only used the function that generates support modules from existing units, eg. '--support 25'' generates a module from Ryoma's list. It doesn't seem to edit the Gamedata.bin file in any way, but it does create a folder with a support nightmare module and a text document. Now as the creator, you already know this. What confuses me is the following:

* What am I supposed to do with these modules? Do I import them into GameData.bin somehow?
* The text file only displays a number of supports for the unit from 0 to the decimal total. I'm attaching the text file as an example.
* I opened the Support.nmm module in Nightmare using Gamedata.bin but all of the pointer numbers and the like are nonsensical and seemingly inconsistent. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it and there's no documentation anywhere on it.

I don't know, I'm just really confused about this. And in the case of adding support tables for units like Nichol and Candace, what do I do in that situation? The function simply returns that the character has no supports and nothing happens.

Attachments

• Support.txt
    64 bytes · Views: 287
Reactions: Raji

NeonSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't even use Nightmare. You say to place it in the module folder, and I did, however it doesn't register anything. I open a chapter file and nothing works. I open a gamedata.bin file and it doesn't work. Could you give me an exact directory, or at least a small tutorial on how I'm suppose to make this work? Thanks.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used the support module editor and I'm rather confused about how it works exactly.

So far, I've only used the function that generates support modules from existing units, eg. '--support 25'' generates a module from Ryoma's list. It doesn't seem to edit the Gamedata.bin file in any way, but it does create a folder with a support nightmare module and a text document. Now as the creator, you already know this. What confuses me is the following:

* What am I supposed to do with these modules? Do I import them into GameData.bin somehow?
* The text file only displays a number of supports for the unit from 0 to the decimal total. I'm attaching the text file as an example.
* I opened the Support.nmm module in Nightmare using Gamedata.bin but all of the pointer numbers and the like are nonsensical and seemingly inconsistent. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it and there's no documentation anywhere on it.

I don't know, I'm just really confused about this. And in the case of adding support tables for units like Nichol and Candace, what do I do in that situation? The function simply returns that the character has no supports and nothing happens.
I'm actually not the author of the python scripts - FEFNightmare just provides a GUI interface for using them. If you have a question about the scripts, you're better off asking RainThunder.

However, if you're trying to add in supports, you might take a look at my support editor in the main post. That one might be a little easier.

I can't even use Nightmare. You say to place it in the module folder, and I did, however it doesn't register anything. I open a chapter file and nothing works. I open a gamedata.bin file and it doesn't work. Could you give me an exact directory, or at least a small tutorial on how I'm suppose to make this work? Thanks.
FEFNightmare.jar should go in the root directory for the modules (the one that comes with the bat files and python scripts). From there, run the JAR, open your GameData.bin file, and the buttons should light up.

I can put together an image walkthrough in a bit if I need to.

Reactions: king_frost93

Raji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do they show up as having support options in game? I've gotten to where they have support options now, but I can't get conversations I've written to show up for the life of me.

EDIT: I used Thane's Support Editor for this, not Nightmare.

I've tried imitating UA's Lucina (She's got MyCastle dialogue, a readable support, and level up/class change dialogue), but I have been unsuccessful thus far.

I'm really curious about this too.

Last edited by Raji,

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to program Zola into BR using the tutorial, and I programmed him to show up at the castle at Chapter 6 or after, but despite following the tutorial, when I rebuilt the files, Zola hasn't shown up. I've done this a couple of times and nothing has worked. Am I supposed to save the character to the GameData bin lz in the folder, or have I been making a mistake? Zola is showing up in support tables and in my Records Hall and I have him slated to join after chapter 7 now but he still won't join?

Last edited by narcissisticindigo,

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, it's been released! Nice!

May I ask what the stepswould be to create a completely new AID for a character and then set it up so they could function as normal characters? I've read the tutorials but there aren't any steps to set up an AID.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not saying much about the release. I'm feeling kind of burnt out on hacking at the moment, so I don't know how much support I'll be able to provide for the editor. I'll take care of what I can though.

I tried to program Zola into BR using the tutorial, and I programmed him to show up at the castle at Chapter 6 or after, but despite following the tutorial, when I rebuilt the files, Zola hasn't shown up. I've done this a couple of times and nothing has worked. Am I supposed to save the character to the GameData bin lz in the folder, or have I been making a mistake? Zola is showing up in support tables and in my Records Hall and I have him slated to join after chapter 7 now but he still won't join?
Are you confident that your changes in the join editor saved correctly? Open your file in the join editor and see if Zola's block exists. If it doesn't, add the block again, save after defining the block's properties, and then export the file. If that doesn't fix anything, make sure that you place the file in the correct folder within the ROM structure.

Oh, it's been released! Nice!

May I ask what the stepswould be to create a completely new AID for a character and then set it up so they could function as normal characters? I've read the tutorials but there aren't any steps to set up an AID.
You can use the ROM3 injector to add a new character AID to ROM3. Just export the file when you're done and create a new character with the AID using the GameData injector. Once that's done, all you need to do is add in a method for recruiting the character. Setting them to join through My Castle is probably the easiest way.

narcissisticindigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found the problem, I renamed CID to BID in the castle join thing. I got him to work but I think I used the wrong file as there were 2 Zolas. The one I got had nothing but one HP but skyrocketed other characters when paired up, but now the file won't load so idk, others will though. Also, is it possible to edit maps with this tool?

king_frost93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's no option for injecting new class data fsr. Was that intentional? If I do want to edit new class data, would I have to use an older version of nightmare or something?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
You can't edit actual map appearances because they are actual 3D models, they're also handled by .bin files that tell the game which 3D models go where, complete with coordinates and whatnot.

It's really complicated, to say the least.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's no option for injecting new class data fsr. Was that intentional? If I do want to edit new class data, would I have to use an older version of nightmare or something?
I could probably add in class injection at some point - there's nothing really preventing it.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I could probably add in class injection at some point - there's nothing really preventing it.
The only real problem would be the JIDs.

And I don't mean the class block label, I mean the one that goes in ROM2, that JID has to match the JID on the class block for the new class to have any assets.

imsosori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't edit actual map appearances because they are actual 3D models, they're also handled by .bin files that tell the game which 3D models go where, complete with coordinates and whatnot.

It's really complicated, to say the least.

So then the map appearances are one 3D model altogether, or are they stitched together with 3D models in the game data that represent each square to make one map itself? If that isn't clear let me know. English is not my first language.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then the map appearances are one 3D model altogether, or are they stitched together with 3D models in the game data that represent each square to make one map itself? If that isn't clear let me know. English is not my first language.
One model for the entire map.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It actually depends.

Some map files are a single map, others are split up, as an example, Anna on the Run is split up a bit, the main fortress itself is split into 2 parts that get layered, and then there are trees that are a separate thing, that said, everything is inside a single bch file.

dPdXitW.png

Last edited by DeathChaos,

imsosori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I take it that editting one single map model by exporting it to a .obj file then editing that file and reimporting it and packing it up isn't possible? Not bothering with texture editting and making it so that the models would not have added vertices and faces.

Last edited by imsosori,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    19 inches it was glorious lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, If it doesn't fit, you should've gotten one smaller lol
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If a racoon can fit up to 8-inches then so be it
    +1
    Lol it it fits I sit? Lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Will it blend lol
    +1
    Blended families!!!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Blended families!!!