ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

flameofstorm33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following all of the instructions to install Paragon in the readME, I tried to run python paragon/ui/main.py to use Paragon, and I got this error message:

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "paragon/ui/main.py", line 5, in <module>
from paragon.model.configuration import Configuration
File "\\?\C:\Users\blaze\Downloads\FatesNonsense\paragon-main\paragon-main\paragon\model\configuration.py", line 4, in <module>
from typing import List, Optional, Literal
ImportError: cannot import name 'Literal' from 'typing' (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.7_3.7.2544.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\typing.py)"

Does anyone know why this would be?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After following all of the instructions to install Paragon in the readME, I tried to run python paragon/ui/main.py to use Paragon, and I got this error message:

File "paragon/ui/main.py", line 5, in <module>
from paragon.model.configuration import Configuration
File "\\?\C:\Users\blaze\Downloads\FatesNonsense\paragon-main\paragon-main\paragon\model\configuration.py", line 4, in <module>
from typing import List, Optional, Literal
ImportError: cannot import name 'Literal' from 'typing' (C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.7_3.7.2544.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\typing.py)"

Does anyone know why this would be?
You probably need to upgrade Python.

But is there a reason you can't use the release builds linked to in the main post? It looks like you're trying to build Paragon which is only necessary if you're make code changes to Paragon.

flameofstorm33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably need to upgrade Python.

But is there a reason you can't use the release builds linked to in the main post? It looks like you're trying to build Paragon which is only necessary if you're make code changes to Paragon.
No, I just hadn't realized it wasn't necessary to build it. Thank you for pointing me towards the release builds.

Edit: It seems that, in order to create a properly functioning new chapter, I need to copy the script files of the original chapter that I copied. If this is true, where can I find the Scripts folder? I can't seem to find it.

Last edited by flameofstorm33,

Iroboke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 70, in run
Exception: Failed to read data from stores.

Caused by:
0: Failed to read data from store 'characters'.
1: File 'data/person/static.bin.lz' does not exist. Attempted to find it using the following paths: '[C:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\Paragon-Windows\Data\FE13\data/person/static.bin.lz,C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Roaming\Citra\dump\romfs\data/person/static.bin.lz]'

I have already edited the awakening rom to give playable characters 0% growths, the file does exist, but it has been replaced.

Gastonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to import a randomizer for Echoes but I ended up with this error on the log:

DEBUG:root:Importing from file C:/Users/owner/Desktop/RandomizedClasses (2).json.
ERROR:root:An error occurred during importing.
File "ui\main_window.py", line 48, in _on_import_triggered
File "services\driver.py", line 61, in import_from_json
File "services\module_service.py", line 124, in import_values_from_json
File "module\table_module.py", line 155, in import_values_from_dict
File "module\table_module.py", line 180, in _import_using_keys
File "module\properties\property_container.py", line 133, in import_values
File "module\properties\plain_value_property.py", line 17, in import_values
TypeError: Type mismatch when importing values into property Drop Rate %.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to import a randomizer for Echoes but I ended up with this error on the log:

DEBUG:root:Importing from file C:/Users/owner/Desktop/RandomizedClasses (2).json.
ERROR:root:An error occurred during importing.
File "ui\main_window.py", line 48, in _on_import_triggered
File "services\driver.py", line 61, in import_from_json
File "services\module_service.py", line 124, in import_values_from_json
File "module\table_module.py", line 155, in import_values_from_dict
File "module\table_module.py", line 180, in _import_using_keys
File "module\properties\property_container.py", line 133, in import_values
File "module\properties\plain_value_property.py", line 17, in import_values
TypeError: Type mismatch when importing values into property Drop Rate %.
You will need to check with the author of the randomizer - this looks like an error with their outputs.

File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 70, in run

Caused by:
0: Failed to read data from store 'characters'.
1: File 'data/person/static.bin.lz' does not exist. Attempted to find it using the following paths: '[C:\Users\Aaron\Downloads\Paragon-Windows\Data\FE13\data/person/static.bin.lz,C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Roaming\Citra\dump\romfs\data/person/static.bin.lz]'

I have already edited the awakening rom to give playable characters 0% growths, the file does exist, but it has been replaced.
If the file exists the next most likely issue is that it's open in another program so Paragon cannot access it.

EmotiveFall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently installed Paragon and was trying to start editing Awakening but I got this error:

File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 71, in run

Caused by:

0: Failed to read data from store 'indirect_sound_japanese_us'.

1: File 'sound/IndirectSound_US_JP.bin.lz' does not exist. Attempted to find it using the following paths: '[C:\Users\cwill\Downloads\Paragon-Windows (2)\Awakening\Project\sound/IndirectSound_US_JP.bin.lz,C:\Users\cwill\Downloads\Paragon-Windows (2)\Awakening\romfs\sound/IndirectSound_US_JP.bin.lz]'

Not sure why this happened so I tried to see if Paragon would work with Fates but I just got similar results

Eoca

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good Evening :)
I hope this is the right thread to ask this,
I want to create a custom character in FE Fates and followed Moonling's tutorials on Gamebanana. I tried building Ascended Fjorm from FE:Heroes, but as I am new to Paragon, I improvised with a new character which uses the Model and OW-Sprite of the female Berseker Class. Everything works as I wanted it to do, except the custom Portraits. In Paragon, everything looks fine to me:
paragon_MHGzACG38i.png

After I recruited her, the Portraits are missing ingame:
citra-qt_KMuvW4DVPV.png

At this point I don't know whether I forgot something in the process of adding her as a character, while creating the arc files or if it conflicts with the HD Textures I installed.
Do you have an idea what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Im playing on a Revelation Save on Citra if that matters

Last edited by Eoca,

Redsplash1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm trying to run Paragon Alpha 14-3 on Mac, but every time I try to run the executable, it will give this message in the terminal, along with this log file. How can I get past this error?

Attachments

• 6257aad0ea7e2.jpg
    6257aad0ea7e2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 6257ab20bee35.jpg
    6257ab20bee35.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 84

ccmonty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need to install all the programs in the requirements folder if I want to run the program correct? I know its kinda a dumb question but this is my first time with any of this stuff

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need to install all the programs in the requirements folder if I want to run the program correct? I know its kinda a dumb question but this is my first time with any of this stuff
No, that's only if you want to build from scratch. You can download a release build here.

Hi! I'm trying to run Paragon Alpha 14-3 on Mac, but every time I try to run the executable, it will give this message in the terminal, along with this log file. How can I get past this error?
Been a while since I ran this version but you may need to cd into the application directory and then run main.py

Good Evening :)
I hope this is the right thread to ask this,
I want to create a custom character in FE Fates and followed Moonling's tutorials on Gamebanana. I tried building Ascended Fjorm from FE:Heroes, but as I am new to Paragon, I improvised with a new character which uses the Model and OW-Sprite of the female Berseker Class. Everything works as I wanted it to do, except the custom Portraits. In Paragon, everything looks fine to me:
View attachment 306109
After I recruited her, the Portraits are missing ingame:
View attachment 306110
At this point I don't know whether I forgot something in the process of adding her as a character, while creating the arc files or if it conflicts with the HD Textures I installed.
Do you have an idea what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Im playing on a Revelation Save on Citra if that matters
Have you set up coordinates in the portraits editor? Paragon just shows the raw image, but the actual game uses the x/y coordinates and size fields to figure out what parts of the image to draw.

Eoca

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you set up coordinates in the portraits editor? Paragon just shows the raw image, but the actual game uses the x/y coordinates and size fields to figure out what parts of the image to draw.

I actually oversaw that, thanks for the hint.
Unfortunately, setting the coordinates won't change anything.

After that, I tried to just copy everything from Charlotte, but the portrait is not there, even with the exact same coordinates and arc files from Charlotte just renamed to Fjorm.arc .

I noticed, that the arc files I added are ~10x bigger than the other arc files from the game dump. Could it be that it can't handle the bigger files or that I have to set a smaller ppi when editing the pictures?

ccmonty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi me again i got another question

if i use paragon to edit the game data of a mod will the changes the mod would have made be erased? (note im working with old paragon)

example: i download a mod that changes a class, i go into the files and give corrin a skill, i save and then replace the mods game data with the game data i just edited

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi me again i got another question

if i use paragon to edit the game data of a mod will the changes the mod would have made be erased? (note im working with old paragon)

example: i download a mod that changes a class, i go into the files and give corrin a skill, i save and then replace the mods game data with the game data i just edited
They will be compatible if you use the mods files as a base for your changes.

Reactions: ccmonty

BlueToxic934

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey all,

I'm fairly new when it comes to modding Fates. I'm running into the following error and I'm not fully sure what it means or how to fix it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

File "paragon\core\workers\load_project_worker.py", line 69, in run

Caused by:
0: Failed to read data from store 'aset'.
1: File 'bs/aset.lz' does not exist. Attempted to find it using the following paths: '[C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Citra\load\mods\0004000000179800\romFS\bs/aset.lz,C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Citra\load\mods\0004000000179800\romFS\GameData\bs/aset.lz]' "

VarNotFound

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I've been using Paragon to create a custom FE:A mod for my friends. I want to have the gay awakening / gender unlock mod in there as well, and have tried putting the mod data of the gender unlock mod inside the output folder of a project. I've been told that having that data in the output folder will let paragon recognize the changes but nothing has worked. Here are some photos of my output folder file structure.

I'm using the US version of awakening, as well as version A of the gender unlock mod. I am able to open the project in Paragon, but all the data that Paragon shows is from the base game, not the mod.

EDIT: I was able to load in the mod files, but after I had made an edit to the base original game, reloaded, and saved. Is it possible that the documentation for paragon on github be updated to add info on where to place mod files as well as making changes to the base game in order for paragon to read the mod files? Thank you.
output1.png
output2.png

Last edited by VarNotFound,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Get a load from this guy lol. +1