ROM Hack [WIP] New Super Mario Bros 2 REMIX

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be better if the "new" was changed to "newer", moved to the left corner, made a bit bigger, and the background was transparent. (Well aren't I nitpicky? :D)
Gotcha! I'll work on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It would be better if the "new" was changed to "newer", moved to the left corner, made a bit bigger, and the background was transparent. (Well aren't I nitpicky? :D)

Gotcha! I'll work on it.

Gotcha! I'll work on it.

Done!

Attachments

• NewerSuperMarioBros2.png
    NewerSuperMarioBros2.png
    47 KB · Views: 222

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i thought you were meant to be changing from the "newer" name based on that name being synonymous with a different "group" who may or may not decide to make a *real* "newer"SMB2 at some point

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant I wanted the background on the "newer" to be transparent. I liked the yellow background behind Mario. Also, can you remove the little Amiibo green, yellow and red things from the sides and make the text a bit bigger?
Ah! I see i'll have it up before tommorow. Busy at the moment...

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I haven't been updating this project recently. I've been busy with [INSERT EXCUSE HERE] and you (don't) know how that can be. Level 2-1 is pretty much finished and 1-2 is about a third done. I have also figured out how to make my own completely custom models and I can also edit most of the map data. So custom world maps are definitely coming. Comment below what world themes you want. Map themes I know 100% are getting in:
  • Overworld/Plains
  • Desert
  • Some kind of Island world (Water worlds are boring)
  • Lava
  • Champion's Road (Basically a compilation of brutally hard levels, that don't really focus on a single theme.)
The other 4 are up for you to decide!

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
excellent,the second version is coming out soon! i expect some harder levels than the first one ok?
I didn't make the first one. And it isn't a sequel to that either. I really should change the name.

I could attempt to do that, brav.
You can start now, but I only have a way of extracting the textures. Someone would need to make a tool for rebuilding them into .sarc files.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Man I don't know if you should name this hack "newer" since Skawo (notable member of NSMB hacking comunity and IIRC head of the newer team) will probably port or re-do (like the DS version which is being developed right now) "Newer Super Mario Bros" to 3ds. Good luck at creating this hack tho.

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I don't know if you should name this hack "newer" since Skawo (notable member of NSMB hacking comunity and IIRC head of the newer team) will probably port o re-do (like the DS version which is being developed right now) "Newer Super Mario Bros" to 3ds.
Sorry to call you out here, but I've said multiple times that the name was only temporary, and that it will be changed.
Good luck at creating this hack tho.
Thanks! Just remember, I'm not the only one who's making this. Everyone else deserves just as much praise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.