ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Tanner Kennedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i just got my Japanese 3ds and monster hunter cross today and im completely new to this sort of thing and i was wondering if you or somebody could help me understand how to do this

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would be great, if you could replace the japanese keyboard to write a readable name at the beginning of the game. Despite that its also useful for armor-sets and item-sets. Furthermore it would be cool, if you could translate the complete main storyline.

PS: If im playing the game and my friend starts to buy the upcoming EU version, will it be possible to play locally together (my friend with the retail EU game and I with the translated japanese game)?

Last edited by fenomeno0chris,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Would be great, if you could replace the japanese keyboard to write a readable name at the beginning of the game. Despite that its also useful for armor-sets and item-sets. Furthermore it would be cool, if you could translate the complete main storyline.

PS: If im playing the game and my friend starts to buy the upcoming EU version, will it be possible to play locally together (my friend with the retail EU game and I with the translated japanese game)?
What? There's already a ABC English keyboard available at the start.

No news of EU version so stop thinking that it'll come.

Reactions: fenomeno0chris

Xenost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I don't think there will be an EU Version but if that's the case you wouldn't be able to play together; but there might be a way for you to transfer your jap save to an EU version of the game (it seemed to work for some games)

Reactions: fenomeno0chris

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i would get the update from a site that has cias correct
Yes you should be able to find it

is there anyway to get this patch to work on a non hack n3ds eshop copy? just curious would love to be able to use it on my n3ds that has the eshop copy that way i can use my n3ds and play online more then on my o3dsxl

Last edited by digipokemaster,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While randomly browsing Youtube, I stumbled upon this one. Do you think using this app would make translating the game, or any game for that matter, any easier?

shanachanmoe

Trophies
XP
Country
to sum up , can i play online with this eng patched v9 + update 1.1 .cia on N3DS Japanese console ? and it safe ?

or I would go online with non eng patched .cia ?

Thank

Xenost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to sum up , can i play online with this eng patched v9 + update 1.1 .cia on N3DS Japanese console ? and it safe ?

or I would go online with non eng patched .cia ?

Thank

You probably don't need the 1.1 cia if you are on a japanese console you can just download it from eshop or with the game prompt on launch. It is safe.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Slightly offtopic, but as we are back in Poke and Yukumo in MHX:
Did you wonder how the game designers came to put apes _(snow makakes) to a snowy environment as small and big monsters in monster hunter? Then I can recommend the Japan documentation tonight on (german) tv station Phoenix (HD) at 20:15 CET till 21:45. "Expedition ins Tierreich - Wildes Japan" Will be repeated on monday 25th january at CET times: 1:00, 7:30 and 18:30. You can find Phoenix (HD) on Astra Satelite in europe. There are streams in germany, use a proxy. Or schoener-fernsehen dot com and choose PHOENIX channel.

Snowy weather in the north, tropical jungle in the south. Everything in Japan. The game is influenced so much by the japanese culture, is this the reason why it reaches so high sales rate in this small country? Maybe. Maybe it will never reach officially the west like MHP3rd. Have to visit this country some day.

Attachments

• 20160124_202130.jpg
    20160124_202130.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 244
Last edited by bomigoton,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.

Edit: Patch 1.2 reverted stuff back to Japanese.

Village names on the bottom screen
All the meal names.
All the meal status.
All ingredient names.
Friends option in menu.
Guild Cards in menu.
Special Permit.
Online Menus

Basically a crap ton of stuff.

Last edited by justln,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Meds time!