ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Weltock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I want to say first that this is a great endeavor, and I appreciate all the effort that has gone into this. I really can't thank the people involved in this project enough, because I have tried to play through this in full Japanese and it is terribly difficult.

I'm running into some problems, though, because I don't understand much programming and google hasn't been much help. I italicized what was giving me trouble:

NTR Plugin Method:
recommended, requires NTR CFW 3.1, a n3ds and eshop version or cia
Copy the contents of the "NTR" folder (from NTR Plugin link) onto your SD Card. (There should be a folder called "mhx" and one called "plugin" at the root, don't rename either of them)
Launch NTR CFW (BootNTR or whatever Entrypoint you use).
Launch your game (eshop or installed cia).

The screen should flash green and start the game patched.
You need to download the respective NTR Plugin version for your game version!

I've gotten the basic stuff up until that point (Connected my 3DS to my PC, and put the mhx + plugin folders into the SD card), and I've downloaded BootNTR.cia and NTR 3.2, but I'm uncertain how to proceed beyond that. How do you launch NTR via BootNTR? All I see is a file called BootNTR.cia, and I'm not sure at all how to use that.

I'm sorry for my ignorance on the subject matter, and I know the FAQ instructed me to look elsewhere to find answers to some of these questions, but I haven't been able to find clear answers with Google. Either that or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Can anyone help me out?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I want to say first that this is a great endeavor, and I appreciate all the effort that has gone into this. I really can't thank the people involved in this project enough, because I have tried to play through this in full Japanese and it is terribly difficult.

I'm running into some problems, though, because I don't understand much programming and google hasn't been much help. I italicized what was giving me trouble:

I've gotten the basic stuff up until that point (Connected my 3DS to my PC, and put the mhx + plugin folders into the SD card), and I've downloaded BootNTR.cia and NTR 3.2, but I'm uncertain how to proceed beyond that. How do you launch NTR via BootNTR? All I see is a file called BootNTR.cia, and I'm not sure at all how to use that.

I'm sorry for my ignorance on the subject matter, and I know the FAQ instructed me to look elsewhere to find answers to some of these questions, but I haven't been able to find clear answers with Google. Either that or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

Can anyone help me out?
You should list out what your console firmware, your exploit and anything else. Judging from your lack of understanding on how cia file work, you should probably Google on what is a 3ds cia file first.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder when they'll see the translation patch as completed. I don't blame them for not wanting to do all the NPC dialogue. 99% of it is probably useless. They could just delete it all and instead put in "(Corny joke inserted here). Now look at my wares!" and it'd be just about right.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany

Can anyone help me out?

It seems to me you don't have a custom firmware, which is required for installing cia's on your 3ds. So your first step is to get one of those. The process of getting a cfw depends on your 3ds model and current firmware version and could be quite risky if you don't follow the instructions exactly. There are dozens of tutorials for this here on gbatemp, therefore i don't see a reason to explain it further here.

Weltock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me you don't have a custom firmware, which is required for installing cia's on your 3ds. So your first step is to get one of those. The process of getting a cfw depends on your 3ds model and current firmware version and could be quite risky if you don't follow the instructions exactly. There are dozens of tutorials for this here on gbatemp, therefore i don't see a reason to explain it further here.

Sorry, I had been linked to this thread directly from GameFAQs and didn't know how to navigate this site. I found the relevant information, though, and I'll be working on that.

Phoenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, got a little problem here. I'm using N3DS with ReiNAND on 10.3 and I managed to get NTR working with BootNTR, everything loads perfectly but when I try to open my retail cartridge it just starts in japanese. Anyone know the issue here? I checked and downloaded multiple times the patch files and put them in the root of my SD card but nothing changed.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, got a little problem here. I'm using N3DS with ReiNAND on 10.3 and I managed to get NTR working with BootNTR, everything loads perfectly but when I try to open my retail cartridge it just starts in japanese. Anyone know the issue here? I checked and downloaded multiple times the patch files and put them in the root of my SD card but nothing changed.
Is ntr starting succesfully? Is the mhx folder and the plugin folder in root of the sd card?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just fixed by itself after a few reboots. Talking about nonsense.

Thanks for confirming that it works on a cartridge, at least. I spent hours trying to convert my own ripped 3ds file to cia with no success. :D

EDIT: It all worked on my first try. :D

EDIT2: While playing, I noticed something. Not a "Huge" deal, but when using the hunting horn, it seems all of the buffs shown on screen were translated except for "Movement Speed Up" and "Attack Deflection Prevention", which is the basic song that every horn user plays. Other than that, I'm not seeing any problems with this translation so far. :)

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: Phoenny

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
really??? what are you using to load he patch?? I thought it was not possible

You need to setup an N3DS 10.3 EmuNAND first, it's possible now, you just need to downgrade to 9.2, which you'll have to look into yourself since it involves copywritten files.

Then you use the unofficial 10.3 BootNTR mentioned above. (I referenced a post from another thread:lol: Oops)

Last edited by Selim873,
Reactions: wiibomb

Xenost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I made it work with my cartridge on Emunand 9.2 , installed the 1.1 Cia, used bootntr and launched the game.

The weird thing is that the game doesn't appear in the home menu untill I use BootNtr. I'm on Rei 9.2.0-20E, while I read that Rei doesn't handle regionFree the game runs well.

Edit: I didn't update my Emunand yet because I don't know if 10.4 is out (i could sysUpdater but I'm lazy af)

Last edited by Xenost,

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I made it work with my cartridge on Emunand 9.2 , installed the 1.1 Cia, used bootntr and launched the game.

The weird thing is that the game doesn't appear in the home menu untill I use BootNtr. I'm on Rei 9.2.0-20E, while I read that Rei doesn't handle regionFree the game runs well.

Edit: I didn't update my Emunand yet because I don't know if 10.4 is out (i could sysUpdater but I'm lazy af)

There is not any kind of 10.4 out, you should use this time to update your emunand frok system settings.

Both NTR and ReiNand are updated to work on any 10.3 3ds, both old and new

Daidouji

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can't express how grateful I am for this proyect! I'd love to help! But I can only help translating from English to Spanish xD
You are the man! If you accept donations or something let us know! I'd love to contribute for your efforts! THANKS!! =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared