Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

s3r1alpari4h

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can add me to the list of bricks then.
Shut my jpn n3ds down around "error getting CIA info".
Black screen at boot.
(Some) Corrupted update CIAs.
Could get into recovery and tried update twice but no help.
:mellow:

Last edited by s3r1alpari4h,
Reactions: Porthos

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible brick.
n3DSXL U
Used safesysupdater, full version, checked md5, and twice with the app. Said it succeeded but hung on rebooting so I waited a while and forced it. Every boot I get the typical "An error has occurred."
Went into safe mode with and without SD card, it connects to the internet but fails to download the update. I made sure before I downgraded that I set DNS auto obtain to Yes so I'm a little confused.

Edit: Is it worth trying to force it to connect to another wifi network I had registered that I never used tubehax on? I added McDonalds free wifi a couple weeks ago for a distro.

Last edited by whyyes,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible brick.
n3DSXL U
Used safesysupdater, full version, checked md5, and twice with the app. Said it succeeded but hung on rebooting so I waited a while and forced it. Every boot I get the typical "An error has occurred."
Went into safe mode with and without SD card, it connects to the internet but fails to download the update. I made sure before I downgraded that I set DNS auto obtain to Yes so I'm a little confused.

Edit: Is it worth trying to force it to connect to another wifi network I had registered that I never used tubehax on? I added McDonalds free wifi a couple weeks ago for a distro.

It's better to try everything before giving up.

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's better to try everything before giving up.
Also tried the button combination to launch a gamecard directly to hopefully access network settings but that failed completely. So I'll have to try the other network tomorrow.

pingas123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same problem as Whyyes but it doesn't say "an error has occurred" and it actually boots without an SD card. When I put in the card while booted, it gives me all my apps and things. I don't get it..

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have the same problem as Whyyes but it doesn't say "an error has occurred" and it actually boots without an SD card. When I put in the card while booted, it gives me all my apps and things. I don't get it..
This happens because of the menuHax payload, it won't run in 9.2 since you set it up on a higher version, this is normal. You need to switch your theme after you booted the console and inserted the SD card so the cache gets updated.

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It doesn't boot with the SD card. So how can I change the theme? Do I need to update it with recovery mode?
Remove the SD card before booting, then insert it when the system is on. After that switch themes.
Your system should be able to boot with the SD card inserted after that.

pingas123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It says something about reading the SD card. I'll follow what the thing on the first page says.

Edit: Alright, I managed to boot it up with the SD card without recovery mode but I found that my custom theme is not there and my files are wrapped in gifts. Is this normal?

Last edited by pingas123,

whyyes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to give some useful information since I was able to salvage my N3dsxl without sending it in to repairs. Big shoutouts to Konathedemo.

My main connection indeed did not have tubehax dns but was uncooperative with downloading files. I was able to delete that connection and use my mobile hotspot to successfully update back to 10.3. If anyone wants to know how to edit connections in safe mode, you just need to try and connect where you have no connections. I tried to connect while I was out for lunch and deleted my home connection, this also allows you to change dns, etc. Should really be in the OP.

Reactions: Konako

hmp22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downgraded my N3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 successfully on the first try! This tool is amazing, thank you for it. I was having a heart attack and it ended up being quick and painless. Ironically I'm now stuck on what should be the "easy" part. Gateway menu doesn't want to open no matter what I try.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best hax method to downgrade with? I'm on 10.3E. Using Cubic Ninja booting straight into the SafeSysUpdater 3dsx file leaves with a black screen with purple pixels alongside the bottom left corner of the screen when I press Y. Though the WiFi light flickers every so often so I feel like it's doing something, so I don't know what to do. I have it plugged into a charger right now left on. I used the built in MD5 checker and it says everything's good, so I'm not "highly" expecting a brick, though I'm prepared for one if something goes wrong, since I'd planned on getting a N3DS XL in my own region eventually anyway despite I rarely use this thing anymore. :lol:

EDIT: I bit the bullet and hard shut down and my N3DS booted fine showing 10.3 in the settings. I'm going to try browserhax. Do I have to use a launcher? I feel like it's safest if I just have hax booting SafeSysUpdater directly.

EDIT2: Successful downgrade to 9.2 using GridLauncher and Menuhax. :) Sorry I couldn't report a brick since that obviously didn't happen. heh heh...

Last edited by Selim873,

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I got lucky cuz a couple of these said they shut down during the rebooting part, mine crashed and about 3 mins later I shutdown and everything was gravy

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Guess I got lucky cuz a couple of these said they shut down during the rebooting part, mine crashed and about 3 mins later I shutdown and everything was gravy
Same. I assumed safe when it said attempting to reboot then didn't do so. I think I gave it a minute at that point. For SafeSysUpdater it actually does say to power off if it doesn't reboot after the success message.

P.S. - I should report my success even though this is a brick thread.
Ninjhax 2.5 on 10.3 N3DS to 9.2 N3DS. SafeSysUpdater loaded first try with no tricks necessary.

Last edited by shinji257,

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just downgraded a buddy of mines and safe wouldnt do the downgrade but it would check files so i wasnt complaining
it rebooted fine this time so who knows

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a brick. N3DS. Downgrade started and made it most of the way through. Got an error about unable to remove/delete something or other. Left it sitting for a while but nothing new happened. Tried to exit the app, crashed. Tried to restart, black screen. Removing sd and recovery mode didn't do anything. Just black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway