Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

iHodor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another weird downgrade.

Ran it with an O3DS. Downgraded with a 9.2U firmware pack, got 9.0 out of it. Otherwise, it's running perfectly fine.

Last edited by iHodor,

Theswweet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people are high and grabbed the wrong pack
That or someone mislabeled their ZIP files.

I definitely grabbed the 9.2-20U o3DS package from you know where. It's probably a mislabeled zip.

Again; no problem. I've got it running rxTools fine.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely grabbed the 9.2-20U o3DS package from you know where. It's probably a mislabeled zip.

Again; no problem. I've got it running rxTools fine.
i will shed a little light here . . .
you and everyone else with this problem? got the modded pack no mset wht list ect so you now have a 9.0 system (the download is indeed mislabeled) and on top of that because the download excludes those files you still have an updated (whatever version you were on) mset, agb firm, twl firm, and wht-list
i recomend anyone who downgrades get the 9.2 full from that iso site

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Substance12 You can add me on the list of bricks, an US n3ds, everything went smoothly, i did receive the message that my system was rebooting but it didn`t so i force reset it (waited about one minute)

I have another N3DS and one O3DS, both on 10.3, i`ll wait an stable release to downgrade them and keep the bricked one hoping that one day it will be possible to fix it (i didn`t have a NAND backup).

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successful downgrade on my 10.3 o3DS, even after fake downgrading earlier today and updating. A little weird though, since my system settings is saying 9.0 when I used 9.2 files! Still, everything is working!

Someone else reported getting 9.0 in the other thread, and even here someone reported getting 9.1.

Edit: Reading further posts we know why this happens--using a "modified" 9.2 with mset and such removed. This should probably be added to the first post--warn people that if they use that it could not work or could leave them on "9.0". Also, "to prevent a brick" should have a warning about using O3DS files on a N3DS or vice versa, and maybe the explanation about sysupdater deleting the files first should be in the first post somewhere.

Last edited by Jiro2,

Theswweet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will shed a little light here . . .
you and everyone else with this problem? got the modded pack no mset wht list ect so you now have a 9.0 system (the download is indeed mislabeled) and on top of that because the download excludes those files you still have an updated (whatever version you were on) mset, agb firm, twl firm, and wht-list
i recomend anyone who downgrades get the 9.2 full from that iso site

I didn't get a modded pack. I downloaded the o3DS files from the same place I got my 9.5 N3DS files for my emuNAND - the specific I SO site thread only had direct 3dnus dumps. Maybe others downloaded that zip, but I didn't :/

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricked old3ds, powered it off after it was sitting there for 7 hours on one CIA. Followed everything perfectly right.
Now it is just stuck on a black screen on bootup with just the power LED on and recovery mode doesn't work.

At least now I have finally given myself sufficient motivation to go out and buy a N3ds at least.

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
List me under "weird downgrades". I downgraded my 2DS from 10.3 to 9.2 successfully no problem, then used the exact same cias to downgrade my fiancee's O3DS from 10.3... and got to 9.0, somehow.

It's perfectly functional, she's on CFW now and everything but yeah. Some weird shit.

Plochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
soft-brick

n3ds 10.3 EUR

restarted itself after everything went fine, after 10sec into a black screen. I waited 10min before hard reset, black screen from there on.
Used safe mode to return to 10.3

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a soft brick after the cias were all successfully installed.

Guys, if you have a New3DS and you get a softbrick, don't stop trying to get into recovery mode. It took me a few tries but I finally got in. The timing to get in is a bit weird so just keeping trying.
Was your 3ds on a black screen on bootup?

Reactions: Big Boss Snake

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was your 3ds on a black screen on bootup?
This I wanna know, I could easily just buy a N3ds right now but I would rather not if I don't have to. If the worse comes, just gonna have to buy a new one and hopefully not have it brick or freeze itself for no apparent reason!

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This I wanna know, I could easily just buy a N3ds right now but I would rather not if I don't have to. If the worse comes, just gonna have to buy a new one and hopefully not have it brick or freeze itself for no apparent reason!
I still have my region free japanese new 3ds which is fine but it doesnt have my NNID and smash data. You can be sure as hell i am not downgrading that

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have my region free japanese new 3ds which is fine but it doesnt have my NNID and smash data. You can be sure as hell i am not downgrading that
I would keep that thing far from downgrading too and just keep it on 10.3 and (hopefully) have 9.2 stuff move up to it.
For this next thing I may have to buy, probably just gonna hardmod it this time and backup just to be on the safe side this time.

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would keep that thing far from downgrading too and just keep it on 10.3 and (hopefully) have 9.2 stuff move up to it.
For this next thing I may have to buy, probably just gonna hardmod it this time and backup just to be on the safe side this time.
Just say it wont turn on and send to ninty for $85 Just be sure to remove your sd card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1