Hacking [WIP] English Translation Projects List

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
FWIW, Don't expect any official translations for PS1 games through a PSN re-release like Nintendo did with their VC for some games (Monster World IV, Sin and Punishment...). According to Vic Ireland, Sony doesn't allow anyone to release a PS1 ISO modified in any form from the original PS1 disk release.

As for the mysterious game by Vic Ireland/Gaijinworks, we know it's from a big publisher (Konami/Namco Bandai/Capcom/Sega are the major suspects, Sony/Square Enix are ruled out) and it's a turn-based JRPG for PSP of a somewhat high pedigree.

That kind of screams Summon Night to me, but then again i'm not sure (there could be others who fit the criteria). Would be awesome if they at least started with the first one?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
That kind of screams Summon Night to me, but then again i'm not sure (there could be others who fit the criteria). Would be awesome if they at least started with the first one?

Summon Night (main series) 1 and 2 have each a PS1 version available on PSN but they're not allowed to modify it in any way according to Sony's lot check... they could release them untouched and untranslated like they (GW) already did with two dozens or so Japanese titles. However they also did state it's a localization and a PSP version so that's not it. (the Summon Night enhanced ports for 1 and 2 were on DS, it was 3/4/5 that were on PSP)
So sadly they couldn't begin with the first (or second) one, unless Nintendo somehow allowed this unusual experiment for their Wii U Virtual Console DS releases AND GW saw it profitable AND Namdai allowed it.

3/4/5 though are another matter entirely.
Do you have the list of suspects (they're included according to Vic Ireland!) from that thread from Gainjinwork's Outpost forum? Would love for someone to post it here. Tengai Makyou IV is included too (and FWIW (aka little, granted) someone in touch with them is weirdly convinced it's THE one).

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Summon Night (main series) 1 and 2 have each a PS1 version available on PSN but they're not allowed to modify it in any way according to Sony's lot check... they could release them untouched and untranslated like they (GW) already did with two dozens or so Japanese titles. However they also did state it's a localization and a PSP version so that's not it. (the Summon Night enhanced ports for 1 and 2 were on DS, it was 3/4/5 that were on PSP)
So sadly they couldn't begin with the first (or second) one, unless Nintendo somehow allowed this unusual experiment for their Wii U Virtual Console DS releases AND GW saw it profitable AND Namdai allowed it.

3/4/5 though are another matter entirely.
Do you have the list of suspects (they're included according to Vic Ireland!) from that thread from Gainjinwork's Outpost forum? Would love for someone to post it here. Tengai Makyou IV is included too (and FWIW (aka little, granted) someone in touch with them is weirdly convinced it's THE one).

you mean this thread? http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact...PG-for-Steam-next-week&highlight=summon+night

if not, then I don't have it.

Reactions: GHANMI

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
From this topic:

1) It's a turn based RPG
2) It's a massive RPG
3) It's not a dungeon crawler

IT'S NOT
Oreshika 1 PSP
Final Fantasy Type-0 PSP
Suikoden (Unlocalized spin-off / I+II JP-only enhanced compilation)
Venus and Braves
7th Dragon 2020 (dungeon crawler)
Senritsu no Stratos (not turn-based)
Shining Ark
Shining Blade
Shining Hearts
Dot Defense (not a jrpg)
Gachitora (not a jrpg)
Kenka Bancho (not a jrpg)

IT'S ONE OF THOSE
Conception 1 PSP
Far East of Eden: The Fourth Apocalypse
Final Promise Story
Frontiers Gate
Last Ranker
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinite
Sol Trigger
Summon Night 3
Summon Night 4
Summon Night 5
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Zill O'll Infinite Plus (unlikely because too obscure?)

Also, the contract is very close to completion, and an announcement may be very near.
It will be digital only, with the same limited edition physical copies system they did for Class of Heroes 2.

Reactions: Hargrun

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
From this topic:

1) It's a turn based RPG
2) It's a massive RPG

IT'S NOT
Oreshika 1 PSP
Final Fantasy Type-0 PSP
Venus and Braves
Shining Ark
Shining Blade
Shining Hearts
Dot Defense (not a jrpg)
Gachitora (not a jrpg)

IT'S ONE OF THOSE
Conception 1 PSP
Final Promise Story
Frontiers Gate
Last Ranker
Sol Trigger
Summon Night 3
Summon Night 4
Summon Night 5
Valkyria Chronicles 3

Also, the contract is very close to completion, and an announcement may be very near.
It will be digital only, with the same limited edition physical copies system they did for Class of Heroes 2.

HYPE mode: on

will it be released on vita? i was wondering that.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
HYPE mode: on
will it be released on vita? i was wondering that.

It will be one of the final PSP releases.
I don't see why it shouldn't be compatible with PS Vita.

Not to turn it to a speculation thread, but I'm more leaning towards
[personal_opinion_mode_ON] the mystery JRPG being Tengai Makyou IV.
Imagepoch stuff seems unlikely (Sol Trigger and Final Promise Story)
and If Frontier Gate was ever localized, the 3DS port would be the far more likely alternative (and it's not like Vic Ireland actually HATES Nintendo since he was involved with a few VC titles including Uforia and an-as-of-yet-unreleased Gimmick release)
Don't think it's the Sega stuff either

BTW, Gaijinworks was indeed involved with the Tengai Makyou series before (the cancelled US version of the X360 one), and before, Goemon PS2's unreleased US version (but that was due to Sony and not Konami).
Because of his good relationship with Konami It's one of the better candidates.
[personal_opinion_mode_OFF]

DDC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could u add this to the wish list don't know why this game never became populor since it was the best of the 3 dungeon maker games so far.
Nanatama Chronicle of Dungeon Maker

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Could u add this to the wish list don't know why this game never became populor since it was the best of the 3 dungeon maker games so far.

No way. You didn't send the suggestion as a PM as the OP said in order to keep the thread clean.
Please stop doing this. This IS NOT A REQUEST THREAD.

DDC1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry didn't see that part
Also u said not to request these in the other thread since there close to release in english (translated or official release but i can't find any info on class of heroes 3 ?
also can i request dropped translations again ?

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry didn't see that part
Also u said not to request these in the other thread since there close to release in english (translated or official release but i can't find any info on class of heroes 3 ?
also can i request dropped translations again ?
I found lots of info about Class of Heroes 3 localization (It's something that will MOST LIKELY happen), try searching again using quotation marks and/or other tags.

About the dropped projects, I don't see a problem long as you follow the proposed rules BUT the thread isn't mine, it's just my opinion.

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From this topic:

1) It's a turn based RPG
2) It's a massive RPG

IT'S NOT
Oreshika 1 PSP
Final Fantasy Type-0 PSP
Venus and Braves
Shining Ark
Shining Blade
Shining Hearts
Dot Defense (not a jrpg)
Gachitora (not a jrpg)

IT'S ONE OF THOSE
Conception 1 PSP
Final Promise Story
Frontiers Gate
Last Ranker
Sol Trigger
Summon Night 3
Summon Night 4
Summon Night 5
Valkyria Chronicles 3

turn based? massive? not a dungeon crawler????? i have played Frontier Gate ( Boost+ ).. it's turned based, it has multiplayer (not sure about online) , and it's not a dungeon crawling something .... i never played last ranker only because it's in japanese but i wanna play it... i hope they don't aim on games that already have fan translations with it.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know why this guy is flipping out but I know it's not VC3 since there's already an english patch out there and SEGA's too lazy, although I've heard rumors of VC1 2 and 3 coming to VITA. Wish it was Shining Ark. Love the Blitz System. Probly Frontier Gate Boost Whatever, or some lame game like those crappy JRPGs that are pretty much romance novels ( Like what Sakura Wars, which would have been a great game except for the fact 80% of it is just retarded text/romance story which I don't understand why anybody would find fun unless they haven't had a gf in the past decade or 2).

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I don't know why this guy is flipping out but I know it's not VC3 since there's already an english patch out there and SEGA's too lazy, although I've heard rumors of VC1 2 and 3 coming to VITA.

Didn't keep Square Enix (Final Fantasy V, Type-0) or Namco Bandai (Tales of Phantasia, Hearts R) from trying...

Wish it was Shining Ark. Love the Blitz System. Probly Frontier Gate Boost Whatever, or some lame game like those crappy JRPGs that are pretty much romance novels ( Like what Sakura Wars, which would have been a great game except for the fact 80% of it is just retarded text/romance story which I don't understand why anybody would find fun unless they haven't had a gf in the past decade or 2).

Is this sarcasm? Are you channeling that quote back when Square abandoned the N64 so Yamauchi proceeded to insult the entire JRPG genre and calling its fans "no-life forever alone otakus who play repetitive dull games in poorly lit basements"?
I sure hope so since you couldn't have picked a worse example (That travesty to the Shining series name, with a scantly clad catgirl/angel hybrid named Penis Panis falling head over heels in love with the generic protagonist while moe-aning all the time for the duration of the game, broken short laughably-easy gameplay bursts in-between lengthy shallow romance plot cutscenes?)
Shining games on the PSP, all three of them, are terrible. To add insult to injury, they're otaku-pandering shovelware, of the disturbing kind no less.

Your game isn't getting localized by Vic Ireland (he confirmed it), too bad, but you don't crap on other games either as if your choice was somehow exempt from the "shortcomings" from the standard you set. None of those games are delving into romance as heavily as Ark and Conception.

Regards :)

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL well I guess you're right in some ways... I didn't even try to figure out wth they were saying, so yeah the intermitent text between the game was lame but there were plenty of big levels in a good battle system. But I don't even know wtf the story is talking about. Are you trying to stick up for Sakura Wars? Cuz that's what I'm crapping on =D

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did Vic said that the mystery game is not an image epoch game? ...i was really hoping it could be fate/extra but i guess that's pretty far fetched.....:glare:

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
LOL well I guess you're right in some ways... I didn't even try to figure out wth they were saying, so yeah the intermitent text between the game was lame but there were plenty of big levels in a good battle system. But I don't even know wtf the story is talking about. Are you trying to stick up for Sakura Wars? Cuz that's what I'm crapping on =D
The battle system is good because it's like VC + something else, but nowadays a game of Shining series is just one JRPG published by Sega... That magical chronology was lost years ago.

I'm really rooting for Frontier Gate Boost+. Few times Konami and tri-Ace disappointed me and with this game wasn't different. Despite the "Nihon Only" (Nihonly?) factor, of course...

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country

Not really sticking for Sakura Wars but rather the inaccurate assumption that the JRPGs on the list are otaku-pandering (they're not, save for Conception) while Shining Ark isn't and has more integrity (a claim highly irritating to hear, but I guess that was because of the language barrier :P).

Now about Sakura Wars, didn't play it (not a fan of the dating-sim genre personally, and the language barrier keeps me from trying older entries but I'd love to give them a chance since I loved Tengai Makyou games from the same dev), and I understand and respect why you wouldn't want to play it since it's a dating sim/JRPG hybrid (like thousand arms ps1 or side content in yakuza games). It's a matter of tastes and either liking or disliking the genre isn't a reason for attacking players holding different views. Unless it's actually something too... extreme (like the one about raping frail limb-less handicapped underage schoolgirls, pigeons, or that rape simulator)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-