Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No idea.

There are SEVERAL videos on youtube with fake ads about "english patched games". I have already been seduced by some about Frontier Gate Boost+ but... *cough* Well, everything... Fake. :wtf:

Also, I don't support piracy so I will not download this. Sorry.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If I may, I'd add the summon night series to the wishliest, I'd really like to the the 5 one translated

Mort alttwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also another correction to the op. Type 0 isn't coming to the PS vita. the text under the spoiler says its coming to vita and ps4 and xbox1.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure about requesting translations for Class of Heroes games. Ireland and Gaijinworks seem set on doing them all, assuming that Acquire agrees; it seems a bit of a waste of time to ask fan translators to translate a game that's tentatively already in the queue for official localization. (If you've got issues with Ireland's localization, well, I can understand, but I think we can all agree that we aren't here to give official companies competition.)

And on the topic of Gaijinworks, if Ireland's new announcement isn't Summon Night, I'd like to do them, but I can't hack, so yeah.

Reactions: Hargrun

Hargrun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not really sure about requesting translations for Class of Heroes games. Ireland and Gaijinworks seem set on doing them all, assuming that Acquire agrees; it seems a bit of a waste of time to ask fan translators to translate a game that's tentatively already in the queue for official localization. (If you've got issues with Ireland's localization, well, I can understand, but I think we can all agree that we aren't here to give official companies competition.)

And on the topic of Gaijinworks, if Ireland's new announcement isn't Summon Night, I'd like to do them, but I can't hack, so yeah.
Hey, I saw this thread. Very nice, thankz.

If I get it right nothing has been confirmed yet, but the judgment was good.

The Wish List is just a list of games that people would like to see in English. If any title attracts the attention of hackers and/or translators, GREAT. But before starting is always a good idea to check if it's officially or unofficially being translated.

See... I'm still trying to warn the guys from Traduko Soft that they aren't considering the fact that many of the games they're thinking about translating are already being translated, but maaaaaaan... It's so complicated. T___T

I still have a lot of info to filter about the unofficial ones and then update the list. Can't do much about the official ones if they aren't confirmed.

[And no one cares but...]
The 3 Summon Night games will be released next month with the "PSP the Best" label.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

The 3 Summon Night games will be released next month with the "PSP the Best" label.

Every SN news is relevant to me :3.

That's awesome news though! Wish i'd understand runes....

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really hard to judge the suitability of games in a licensed series for fan translation, especially for larger games or smaller companies. Theoretically, with the PSN, companies could continue localizing PSP games since the Vita supports them; the issue is if such localization efforts get approved for the SCEA.

Admittedly, if someone started translating Chrono Academy now, they'd almost definitely get it out before Ireland does. And if something goes down and Ireland ends up dropping the series or Gaijinworks goes under, there'd be people who'd probably wish that someone started a translation project circa August 2014. And I think projects like the current Zero no Kiseki one have more leeway since it's for the PSP while the version XSEED will release, if every Kiseki before it does well enough, will almost definitely be the Vita version and/or a PC version with the Vita enhancements; I figure there's enough added content to the Vita version to warrant buying it even if the PSP fan translation is finished first.

But I'm not sure, say, about starting or supporting or hoping for a fan translation of Class of Heroes Finale right after Gaijinworks sets Class of Heroes 3 into the wild.

At the same time, the guy who localizes Tsubame-gaeshi (which is something which more or less should be localized since Sasaki Kojirou is probably a household name only to Fate/fans while the judo move with the same name is probably known only to, well, people into judo) as 'Hammer Time'? Not my go-to guy for much of anything. Including, Summon Night 3's entire After Story is a Summon Night 2 party, while Summon Night 4 features sub-scenarios with cameos from SN1, 2, and 3. Even Summon Night 5 features the player characters of SN3 with a few references to other games, which fans speculating that Ouleng might be the dragon princess Seilong was looking for back in SN4.

Well, Ireland did Growlanser, so it's not like he's new to getting rights to a series partway through it.

I'm just trying to say that fan translation gets a bit more dodgy when it comes to games that unofficially on a legitimate company's plate or games that people may feel kinda got shafted by their official localization (I'm kinda shocked that there isn't a general call for Gagharv Trilogy to be retranslated).

Reactions: Pablitox

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

If I get it right nothing has been confirmed yet, but the judgment was good.

The Wish List is just a list of games that people would like to see in English. If any title attracts the attention of hackers and/or translators, GREAT. But before starting is always a good idea to check if it's officially or unofficially being translated.

See... I'm still trying to warn the guys from Traduko Soft that they aren't considering the fact that many of the games they're thinking about translating are already being translated, but maaaaaaan... It's so complicated. T___T

I still have a lot of info to filter about the unofficial ones and then update the list. Can't do much about the official ones if they aren't confirmed.

After I read your comment I went to check out they're site

And why are they releasing final fantasy type 0 English patch again?

So I recommended

That they attempt on translating the following

Toukiden
Lord of apocalypse
Psp2I
Yakuza Black Panther 1&2

Could you add the games above to your translation wish list

Cargodin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heartily seconding Antiphona(spent some time translating items/attacks/song lyrics, but I couldn't get into the script at all.)
Also, I don't know if anyone's doing anything with Time Travelers, so I'd like to add that to the interest list.

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yakuza and Frontier Gate Boost+ are good games to be translated... i have played frontier gate boost+ until post game and i've gotta say it is not a bad game....

astranabeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I want to add UnchainBlades EXXiV to wishlist. I really want to play this sequel so bad.
also lord of apocalypse, another game we got the first but doesn't get the second.

oh yes, Last ranker already in the wish list , there is complete translation, now waiting for someone who can make patch .

Hargrun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thankz, guys. Added everything above + some projects.

Let's keep the productivity! (Still filtering some things...)

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW, Don't expect any official translations for PS1 games through a PSN re-release like Nintendo did with their VC for some games (Monster World IV, Sin and Punishment...). According to Vic Ireland, Sony doesn't allow anyone to release a PS1 ISO modified in any form from the original PS1 disk release.

As for the mysterious game by Vic Ireland/Gaijinworks, we know it's from a big publisher (Konami/Namco Bandai/Capcom/Sega are the major suspects, Sony/Square Enix are ruled out) and it's a turn-based JRPG for PSP of a somewhat high pedigree.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Maverick ONE is cancelling their Monster Hunter 3rd project for PSP and PS3 due to lack of translators and help. (Cannot blame them for prioritizing RL though)
Patch 5.0 will be their final last patch since 6.0 has some unfinished scripts to translate.

Edit: Ahh, saw that other thread at PSP Hacking & Homebrew. Typed this up after being directed here from Alert.

Hargrun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Team Maverick ONE is cancelling their Monster Hunter 3rd project for PSP and PS3 due to lack of translators and help. (Cannot blame them for prioritizing RL though)
Patch 5.0 will be their final last patch since 6.0 has some unfinished scripts to translate.
I saw the comments on the last post. Apparently there is still hope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1