Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Perska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tried using Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time on the emulator, didn't work [black screen], so I guess I'll be throwing ROMs on my microSD for a while.
</pointless post>

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Interested to see this be a thing. Though performance wise, you'd have better results doing this as a custom TWL_FIRM or some kind of Arm9LoaderHax payload that properly leverages Arm9. Arm9 is the majority of what handles DS graphics. Virtualizing it on Arm9 instead of trying to emulate Arm9 on Arm11 would net you better results and would most likely be possible on o3DS as well without much trouble. Probably more work programming something like this though, but in the end it may be tbe better way of doing it. But that's just my opinion. :P
As Apache Thunder said is better to deal with twl with neat results than dealing with an emulator with pesky results.

As I have said before, this doesn't have more sense than running Citra through HBL.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As Apache Thunder said is better to deal with twl with neat results that dealing with an emulator with pesky results.

As I have said before, this doesn't have more sense than running Citra through HBL.

This is just my opinion, and i have absolutely no idea of how knowledgeable OP is in the related topics, but i still want to say this: Regardless of there being a better method through proper RE of the twl firm to get (i imagine) a way to actually read roms from the sd. What's the problem if someone decides to take a different approach, either for preference or because RE would prove too difficult for them?

Of course, that kind of argument would be valid if you were sure that OP is fully capable of doing that RE work if he focuses on that instead, but if he can't do that, then it's not like he's "wasting his time" trying to get to that goal through a different path he has more self-confidence with. So i don't think it's fair to say "this is wrong, it's better to do that instead"

But again, this is just how i personally feel about this kind of argument, and it's not my intention to state what OP is or isn't capable of.

Last edited by faku1810,

iVcU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sokoban DS and... :creep:

Edit: Yellow screen > Black screen

No "Error" on bottom screen... :unsure:

Last edited by iVcU,

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be home soon, so I'll release the source then.

Also, WHY would I make something fake. I mean, like people have said, I'm the same person who made win95 3DS(which was featured on lots of sites). What would I GAIN from making a fake emulator? Attention? Sure, but only until people would figure it out. After that, I would be just be another faker with a destroyed reputation. Next time you post, at least consider this instead of spamming. Thank you.

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
why dont you get started on REing that twl firm then?
I tried to take off code from a FIRM exefs past days. I found a FIRM binary inside it, and after checking 3dbrew i concluded that all firm sections are CXIs, but I couldn't extract code from it. I have all tools I need, but I need the code.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With enough effort this could be similar to ps1 emulation on psp. It can run faster than expected due to the similar architecture of the two consoles.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
With enough effort this could be similar to ps1 emulation on psp. It can run faster than expected due to the similar architecture of the two consoles.
Didn't the PSP natively support ps1 games

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A number of you need to learn that Innocent untill proven guilty (give the poor guy benefit of the doubt before accusing that its fake until proven), Rome wasn't built in a day (give it some f**king time to develop).

No wonder no one wants to make homebrew shit when all you wanna do is shoot down the bird and fight over the carcass.

Show some decorum and respect!

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a WIP, quit shitting on the project and be patient. Homebrew is difficult to create and it's even worse if you're having to port code from another application that ran on different hardware (PSP)

@shutterbug2000 I suggest you update the OP that thoroughly explains that this is a WIP project. I'd imagine that's one of the main leading factors as to all this angst, namecalling, and confusion.

Also. Source. It's required with this project due to licensing.

Reactions: MajinCubyan

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, 3ds's don't have DS flashcards packed in.

Please stop with the "why not flashcards?" homebrew politicking before it starts, people. Not only is it off-topic, but emulators allow more than what flashcards give you (and some sacrifices too, of course). It's not the same thing.
so you prefer a laggy emulator than a native support well if you dont have the cash for a 12 dollar flashcard well i guess its okay for you

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you prefer a laggy emulator than a native support well if you dont have the cash for a 12 dollar flashcard well i guess its okay for you
Mind you, flashcarts still have their problems.
Try loading a large game with intensive graphics on a Class 4 sdcard and tell me how that goes.

$12 is probably going to give you a hard time as it's more than likely a clone which will end up with you being fucked if you mess up with firmware if you don't have google-fu

Emulation can help with this problem but the problem is the hardware used and how deep the emulation goes in terms of accuracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: what i didn't do anything!