Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Interested to see this be a thing. Though performance wise, you'd have better results doing this as a custom TWL_FIRM or some kind of Arm9LoaderHax payload that properly leverages Arm9. Arm9 is the majority of what handles DS graphics. Virtualizing it on Arm9 instead of trying to emulate Arm9 on Arm11 would net you better results and would most likely be possible on o3DS as well without much trouble. Probably more work programming something like this though, but in the end it may be tbe better way of doing it. But that's just my opinion. :P

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i agree, this could have waited to be released until a functional emulator was available.
If all the fucktards here had more patience that would have been the case. But people kept bugging him for a release so that's what he did, somehow.
People here are never satisfied with what they have, if he had released something that worked as expected everyone would have found something they don't like anyways.
No wonder many devs are quitting the 3ds scene with such mentality.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
No, we are used to get lied in our face. We want something to prove that this is possible and this works as he said in the OP because we think we can trust him. If not, everyone would just passed out of here.
i know we are used to be lied to but we shouldn't react like this..
by reading the thread you understand that he already made progress and asked a question..
it was not the typical: "i want to build a ps5 emulator, need programers"
or "i will make xbox 2.5 emulator, gibbe me tutorials how to do it..
he pasted a piece of code and asked help with that part of code.. you can see he's objective is getting help with that part, it's not "hey guys, i am building emulator, wait for news, going to release soon"

and what if he was lying? it's not like we gave him money, or wasted a full day helping him, he didn't asked to write all the code for him.. he asked for 5 minute of help.. (to read and give him a solution)

but like he asked.. no spamming in this thread, i am not going to say anything else here

Reactions: Bedel

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If all the fucktards here had more patience that would have been the case. But people kept bugging him for a release so that's what he did, somehow.
People here are never satisfied with what they have, if he had released something that worked as expected everyone would have found something they don't like anyways.
No one made him release anything. No one is making anyone quit anything.

"People here are never satisfied with what they have"
As far as I'm concerned I'm not even sure we had anything here to begin with.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take it easy man. It's not that important. We now know it's not fake, so it is not important anymore. I think we now should think how to help him.

Reactions: RocketRobz

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wow I have a dstwo already but noice
checking out how shit it runs on my o3ds in a min

It doesn't run. You should really, really, read the thread before jumping the gun. This emulator isn't functional yet. As it stands, it's just a proof of concept that OP posted because he wanted help fixing some graphic issues.

-----

I'm sorry that OP has to endure all the shitposting here, perhaps it would have been better to ask for help in the irc channels that discuss homebrew.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Interested to see this be a thing. Though performance wise, you'd have better results doing this as a custom TWL_FIRM or some kind of Arm9LoaderHax payload that properly leverages Arm9. Arm9 is the majority of what handles DS graphics. Virtualizing it on Arm9 instead of trying to emulate Arm9 on Arm11 would net you better results and would most likely be possible on o3DS as well without much trouble. Probably more work programming something like this though, but in the end it may be tbe better way of doing it. But that's just my opinion. :P

You could just hook the exception vector, lock down writes to known DS regions and virtualize data/instruction aborts. I mean, easier said than done, but still.

Either way, I'll take this over a flash card. I won't buy one without paypal, and my EzV+ doesn't work on the 3DS.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't run. You should really, really, read the thread before jumping the gun. This emulator isn't functional yet. As it stands, it's just a proof of concept that OP posted because he wanted help fixing some graphic issues.

-----

I'm sorry that OP has to endure all the shitposting here, perhaps it would have been better to ask for help in the irc channels that discuss homebrew.
oh :unsure: I thought it was functional but with graphical glitches and slow af on the o3ds
doesn't really matter - I have a flashcart :yay3ds:

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
so a grey top screen and black bottom screen is normal, right? there's also like a black and yellow square on the top screen
i'm trying gta:ctw us

edit: it also says something like "error loading" before this happens

Last edited by Nyap,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night