Windows 11 will be a free upgrade for Windows 10 users and will feature new gaming enhancements

Xbox_Wire_Windows11.jpg

During a livestream that aired today, Microsoft officially unveiled its next OS: Windows 11 and announced that Windows 10 users will get access to Windows 11 as a free upgrade, similar to how Windows 7 and 8 users were upgraded to Windows 10 for free.

Microsoft also said that Windows 11 will be "the best Windows ever for gaming". To back that claim up, the tech giant announced a slate of gaming-related enhancements. One of these is Auto HDR which will make games look better as it adds High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhancements to titles built on DirectX 11 or higher that previously only leveraged Standard Dynamic Range (SDR). This tech was in fact introduced Xbox Series X|S consoles.

Another enhancement will come to loading speed through the new DirectStorage technology. This was part of the Xbox Velocity Architecture featured in the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S and Windows 11 PCs will load new games faster with a high performance NVMe SSD and the proper drivers.

As a final gaming-related feature, the Xbox app will be built into Windows 11 to provide easier access to Game Pass. Cloud gaming will also be directly added into the Xbox app on PC.

Another interesting announcement during the event, albeit not directly related to gaming, is that Android apps will apparently run natively on Windows 11. The apps will be downloadable from Amazon’s Appstore, which will itself be accessible via the new Windows store.

For more details about the gaming-related announcements, head to the official Xbox blog post in the source link below.

:arrow: SOURCE

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The site where I got my windows 11 ISO had a "TPM 2.0 fixed" ISO, and that's what I grabbed for MediCat VHD. Zero issues installing it to bare metal. So I'm sure more people will patch out that requirement on their own.
Given that it's still an official requirement, there's no telling that the fully released OS won't enforce it either. Plus bypassing it at all is not going to be that accessible to less technical users. Same with having to enable it if it's not already.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm reading that enabling fTPM or Intel PTT might meet the TPM 2.0 requirement without having a dedicated chip.

In my case AMD fTPM worked, however, its' under the CPU settings in UEFI not the TPM settings.

edit:

TPM 2.0 has apparently been a requirement since 2016, so in theory at least any certified computers should work.

Reactions: Lacius

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Given that it's still an official requirement, there's no telling that the fully released OS won't enforce it either. Plus bypassing it at all is not going to be that accessible to less technical users. Same with having to enable it if it's not already.
I kind of see it as another one of those "NX" problems like Windows 8 had, where in Windows 10 they got rid of that requirement, and it was a setting in the BCD store. I just hope it's not rooted deeper in the final releases.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it going to lock me out all unlicensed "cracked" products like Windows 10?
W10 does that odd as long as i have exceptions in my dl path and Program Files folder(s) in windows defender cracks are generally left alone you just need to add folder exceptions and you'll be fine i sure hope W11 doesn't remove folder exceptions like they did with perm defender disable even through group policy

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The Bit that got me was Under System requirements it has "Windows 11 Home edition requires internet connectivity and a Microsoft account to complete device setup on first use."

Nooooope
Give it time, users will patch that out too. You can also set windows 11 to force the setup of an offline account using NTLite, so not all hope is lost.

Well, unless it changes upon release, it seems you can still setup an offline account. The option was there in LTT's video on the leaked build.

CinnamonMina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using the leaked version my Razer Blade 14 since it leaked, seems pretty ok (even though the leak is basically just 10 kernel with 11 UI and not too many under the hood changes yet :lol:).

I do like the new UI design, icons are nice and the new start menu is better than 10's IMO, and the new system sounds are also more enjoyable than 10's. Will be interesting to see what the actual full version will be like, though I don't expect anything massively important changing.
the leaked build doesn't have all the new things, I'm getting an early official build of it with the new features that aren't in the leaked one.

I'll probably keep using windows 10 at least until 2025. Especially because updates will cease to be pushed then, and automatic updates are the biggest problem in W10 IMO.
There's a good reason why, security.

When does Windows 11 come out?
it will start to roll out this year, in the holidays it'll be a wave based roll out, however, Testers will have the build next week

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of valid complaints from Microsoft's customers, but what are they going to do about it? Microsoft doesn't give a shit. They know you're going to install it anyways.

Fucking monopolies, man. They're all evil.

CinnamonMina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something, something "Windows 10 is the last Windows". I guess they had to milk OEMs and consumers again on top of them already milking consumers with ads and private data.

They already make a killing selling our private data, so they should just give windows away for free.
its a free upgrade so like..... you wont have to pay another 100$ for the new OS,

Unless you are one of THOSE guys stuck on Win 7, then you are most likely screwed

Reactions: tpax

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem unless you're a company or you keep downloading shady shit.
This logic was fine 16 years ago... Nowadays that shady shit comes in what appear to be "safe" downloads or browsing.

Let's see if I can TL;DR this thread...

1. Linux Users (lol)

2. Windoze 7 (lul)

3. Microsoft bad

4. Wdym 11?

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo