Windows 11 failed to install

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well you don't notice the nag until you try windows 10 and windows 11 on the same computer. I was using windows 10 for a few years before upgrading to windows 11. I have a modern computer of CPU of i7-10750H and 32GB. And I am using a i9-10900k with 64GB of ram for work.

My point is atleast I got two different computers to be able to tell it does lag on Windows 11. You are lying that you don't feel lag on windows 11 compared to windows 10 since you have similar spec to OP. If he installed windows 11 he is going to feel much more lag than he was on Windows 10.

You know you got it wrong when you got two people stating windows 11 does lag.

I would say nice try, but it wasn't. It's a complete failure. I triple boot 10/11/Mint on this PC. You also have some weird fantasy notions that I didn't use Windows 10 on the same PC for 7 years and that I don't have more than one PC. I believe after 7 years I would notice some kind of significantly higher lag when using 11. Nope. Doesn't exist. So stop lying and making false representations and weird made up assumptions. I mean really. The people that use Linux and hate Windows like there's no tomorrow, actnig like experts on Windows. LOL! Gtfo.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No. Do you even know what an Arium version is and is not? You still haven't ever clarified if you have used a legit iso straight from Microsoft. It sounds like you haven't because you were talking about a lack of USB space and then (I think) tried a Tiny11 build. These custom isos are missing things like drivers that may be causing the installation problems. Not speaking about Indy13, but you've been taking advice from a couple people that hate Windows and don't even use it. Please use an official WIn11 iso from Microsoft and have Rufus create the USB with that iso. If it still doesn't work, come back and I'll be more than happy to try to troubleshoot with you.

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Do you even know what an Arium version is and is not? You still haven't ever clarified if you have used a legit iso straight from Microsoft. It sounds like you haven't because you were talking about a lack of USB space and then (I think) tried a Tiny11 build. These custom isos are missing things like drivers that may be causing the installation problems. Not speaking about Indy13, but you've been taking advice from a couple people that hate Windows and don't even use it. Please use an official WIn11 iso from Microsoft and have Rufus create the USB with that iso. If it still doesn't work, come back and I'll be more than happy to try to troubleshoot with you.
Will do
Post automatically merged:

I’m installing now from Microsoft website site n I use Rufus to make it I have a 32gb usb stick so plenty of room

Same blue screen I’m done I’m not try this mess anymore until there’s a real option for my pc that will work

Last edited by darrin41,
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same blue screen I’m done I’m not try this mess anymore until there’s a real option for my pc that will work
Even though @RedColoredStars hates it, their false claims of me were inspirational, and gave me an idea. You could try Linux, you may like it. You could go back to windows anytime if you didn’t like it. I would say either Linux Mint or Ubuntu for beginners.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do

I’m installing now from Microsoft website site n I use Rufus to make it I have a 32gb usb stick so plenty of room

I would try another drive, if you got Windows 10 working on that 4TB, What did you set for the partition scheme, and the target system?

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try another drive, if you got Windows 10 working on that 4TB, What did you set for the partition scheme, and the target system?
What do u mean another drive

Are you saying it’s hard drive because it’s brand new not even a week old

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do u mean another drive

Are you saying it’s hard drive because it’s brand new not even a week old

Your board doesn't support UEFI/Secure Boot, you have to try MBR for partition scheme / BIOS for target system, I said to use another drive so you can keep your current windows 10 setup just to see what is the problem.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can run the windows setup file (setup.exe) in scan only mode and add logging to see what the error is that is stopping it from installing. Open up a command prompt inside the folder where setup.exe is located and try running this then check the log file for error codes. The log file is placed in c:\

setup.exe /Compat ScanOnly /CopyLogs c:\

I did it myself a few times for other people so I hope I got it right. If anyone else is interested the full set is here :-

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ws-setup-command-line-options?view=windows-11

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People, stop telling the OP to use custom WIn11 isos. That's most likely a part of their problem to begin with.
Good evening @RedColoredStars , I am making a single response for the two quotes, firstly, if I recommend Windows Arium, it is because I have already tested it several times in different versions (Win7, Win10, Win11) and in different contexts either by doing a direct installation on a hard drive, or under a virtual machine, being an IT technician, my work leads me to do computer monitoring at home on my own test equipment, to date, I have never had a driver issue with Arium distributions.

Second point, and I completely agree with you @RedColoredStars , @darrin41 never install an OS without having informed yourself a little beforehand, if I just mentioned Arium without putting a link, it's for this reason, my post mentioning Arium is just an invitation from me to inform you about this distribution, nothing more, saying "OK" was not really the answer I expected otherwise I would have taken more precautions in holding these about.

To be clearer, using a custom version of Windows can be an advantage as well as a disadvantage, in my case it is an advantage because it is my configuration but my configuration is not that of everyone, as a result, before getting started it is imperative to inform yourself by doing your own research.

I hope to have cleared the doubt about my comments because my intention was not to mislead the author of the topic.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good evening @RedColoredStars , I am making a single response for the two quotes, firstly, if I recommend Windows Arium, it is because I have already tested it several times in different versions (Win7, Win10, Win11) and in different contexts either by doing a direct installation on a hard drive, or under a virtual machine, being an IT technician, my work leads me to do computer monitoring at home on my own test equipment, to date, I have never had a driver issue with Arium distributions.

Second point, and I completely agree with you @RedColoredStars , @darrin41 never install an OS without having informed yourself a little beforehand, if I just mentioned Arium without putting a link, it's for this reason, my post mentioning Arium is just an invitation from me to inform you about this distribution, nothing more, saying "OK" was not really the answer I expected otherwise I would have taken more precautions in holding these about.

To be clearer, using a custom version of Windows can be an advantage as well as a disadvantage, in my case it is an advantage because it is my configuration but my configuration is not that of everyone, as a result, before getting started it is imperative to inform yourself by doing your own research.

I hope to have cleared the doubt about my comments because my intention was not to mislead the author of the topic.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Let me clarify. I'm not saying custom versions are bad or that the OP should never use them. Just that they should not use one to try to get around their problem with installing, due to the error messages they have received that could be driver related. I do not feel at all that you tried to mislead anyone. That is why I said I wasn't referring to you with some of the things I said. I hope that makes more sense. :)

Reactions: Indy13

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Let me clarify. I'm not saying custom versions are bad or that the OP should never use them. Just that they should not use one to try to get around their problem with installing, due to the error messages they have received that could be driver related. I do not feel at all that you tried to mislead anyone. That is why I said I wasn't referring to you with some of the things I said. I hope that makes more sense.
No worries, I assure you, I understood it that way ;)

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your PC doesn't support some things on Windows 11, there might be a way to install it from Windows 10. But keep in mind, Windows 11 has specific requirements, so it's usually better to have a compatible system.
So what’s the work around

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what’s the work around
You can use Rufus to bypass the stupid TPM requirement if you really want.

Personally, I'm avoiding Windows 11 completely as I can't stand that OS with hybrid mobile UI and that they just made simple settings we used to have inside of other "folders."

Just today I installed Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (with extended support until 2029) on a Samsung laptop with 4GB RAM yeah I know it's not much, but it was given for free and for essential use it's perfectly fine. I'll eventually have it upgraded to 8GB RAM which is the max and buy a new battery as the old one doesn't charge anymore.

If M$ makes Windows 12 as bloatware'd as Windows 11 I'm just going the Linux route and Windows 10 effectively becomes my final Windows OS. lol

Reactions: console and Plazorn

darrin41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Rufus to bypass the stupid TPM requirement if you really want.

Personally, I'm avoiding Windows 11 completely as I can't stand that OS with hybrid mobile UI and that they just made simple settings we used to have inside of other "folders."

Just today I installed Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (with extended support until 2029) on a Samsung laptop with 4GB RAM yeah I know it's not much, but it was given for free and for essential use it's perfectly fine. I'll eventually have it upgraded to 8GB RAM which is the max and buy a new battery as the old one doesn't charge anymore.

If M$ makes Windows 12 as bloatware'd as Windows 11 I'm just going the Linux route and Windows 10 effectively becomes my final Windows OS. lol

I tried that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated