"New Windows driver blocks software from changing default web browser"

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like another anti-trust lawsuit is on the horizon.

For what? Did you read the article or other comments?

I work as a system admin and this sounds terrible. It means, I'll have to dig into Windows Settings and set the default browser manually every time I set up a new company laptop – and I do that a lot. It will also prevent browsers from having a ‘Set as Default’ button pop up at first launch. It's a terrible change all-around.

Uh oh. Not a whole whopping three clicks to set the default browser in Windows settings. :lol:

I shocked about Microsoft to do something hide from us without our permission on our computers with Windows operating systems. Not good news for us and everyone. I would have to move into Linux soon. I not sure if someone are very clever to working on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10/11 with modified system files that's what Microsoft did put something bad in there should must remove. Never forget ReactOS operating system is in working to replace Windows operating systems. I can feel about most people would fill heavy lawsuits against Microsoft company did something wrong made change to Windows operating systems. Wait and see what happen next. :(

So, you didn't read the article or other comments either. Just the click bait title.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shocked about Microsoft to do something hide from us without our permission on our computers with Windows operating systems. Not good news for us and everyone. I would have to move into Linux soon. I not sure if someone are very clever to working on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10/11 with modified system files that's what Microsoft did put something bad in there should must remove. Never forget ReactOS operating system is in working to replace Windows operating systems. I can feel about most people would fill heavy lawsuits against Microsoft company did something wrong made change to Windows operating systems. Wait and see what happen next. :(
It's a nice idea, but they've been working at it for decades now. You wouldn't know anyone who actually uses it as a "daily driver", would you?
Whoa, I had no idea ReactOS exists. This has my attention. Though I'm a fan of some Linux OS's, the concept of "leaving Windows while still using Windows" sounds great for compatibility. (Though I do appreciate that WINE exists.)

If anyone does have feedback on ReactOS, I'd like to hear it.

Reactions: console

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Uh oh. Not a whole whopping three clicks to set the default browser in Windows settings. :lol:
Oh, trust me, if you were in my shoes, setting up 60 new laptops, you would understand. That time adds up quick.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, trust me, if you were in my shoes, setting up 60 new laptops, you would understand. That time adds up quick.

Why do you blindly assume that I've never been in your shoes? That's just odd. But whatever. It takes literally 10 seconds or less per machine and if that's too much for you... write a script to automate it. You're over-reacting.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Why do you blindly assume that I've never been in your shoes? That's just odd. But whatever. It takes literally 10 seconds or less per machine and if that's too much for you... write a script to automate it. You're over-reacting.
I honestly don't understand why you pass off anything that increases the time and effort to do something, no matter how small, as insignificant, but oh well.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly don't understand why you pass off anything that increases the time and effort to do something, no matter how small, as insignificant, but oh well.

I honestly don't understand why you pass it off as some major drastic downfall for your productivity. 60 laptops would take about 10 minutes. Ruins your entire day, right? Then if you went installing another app that stole all 60 laptops file associations you'd be crying "BUT BUT BUT!!!! Apps shouldn't be able to change my settings!!!! If I want them changed I will go to Windows settings!!!!" You're over-reacting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol