Hacking Question Will the XS OS be released today?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 18,823
  • Replies 86

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you crack Windows, you can bypass its system. It's more a matter of motivation. And I think it's very big on some developers, so expect their OS to crack quickly.
Windows scene have some really competent people
Switch scene just have few competent devs that aren’t interested in piracy so don’t think about it

Reactions: Dsthunder

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Windows scene have some really competent people
Switch scene just have few competent devs that aren’t interested in piracy so don’t think about it

It's not about piracy, it's about cracking it. That's all it is to people like myself and many others. Just cracking it is much more entertaining than running backups.

D

Deleted User

OP
@NeoSlyde I don't believe TX have developed a secure security concept against license forgery. Either way, they make more money off their hardware than software.

Reactions: Shirpie

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not about piracy, it's about cracking it. That's all it is to people like myself and many others. Just cracking it is much more entertaining than running backups.
They
Won’t
Do
It
Or at least won’t release the cracked version (that if the succeed cracking it)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And when it is cracked, I think I'll drop a special message in the disassembly just for you.
I’ll wait :)

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Let's not forget to mention that you intend to defraud the team afterwards. Go back to your cave and let the actual developers work.

The fact that you don't know the difference between cracking and hacking is all anyone needs to know.

I do and I was making fun of NeoSlyde not you. A cracker is someone with malicious intent, a hacker can be anyone, ethical, non ethical, and so on. Also there are different definitions for different people. Some people refer to hackers as malicious, others differentiate them by calling them crackers. Also it depends on what you're talking about when it comes to cracking or hacking.

Bruteforcing is cracking, hacking is for instance finding vulnerabilities in a type of system (although it could also be called penetration testing).

I had enough of this shit
I’ll be back when GBATemp will get rid of these cancerous kids

>calls others cancerous

>acts cancerous

Ok. You do you man.

D

Deleted User

OP
@NeoSlyde You're unrealistic and you're stubborn. Team Xecuter will also expect their OS to be hacked, but by then they have reached their budget and are swimming in money. You have more profit from the hardware.

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
I do and I was making fun of NeoSlyde not you. A cracker is someone with malicious intent, a hacker can be anyone, ethical, non ethical, and so on. Also there are different definitions for different people. Some people refer to hackers as malicious, others differentiate them by calling them crackers. Also it depends on what you're talking about when it comes to cracking or hacking.

Bruteforcing is cracking, hacking is for instance finding vulnerabilities in a type of system (although it could also be called penetration testing).

That's not at all the difference.

Cracking is the art of modifying the program in such a way to bypass certain measures, be that a license, anticheat, or etc. This is (usually) done in a disassembler, via ASM.

Hacking is (usually) remote, and is more in the line of exploiting vulnerabilities in the program itself in order to gain permission over it. While hacking can be similar to cracking, it's a different approach and uses different toolsets, and usually involves adding to the program, and not removing which cracking does very often.

Tldr, cracking would be removing the license check on a game, while hacking would be giving yourself infinite lives via a dll injection.

Brute force is cracking, while PIXIE-WPS would be considered hacking.

These have nithing to do with malicious intent or anything else. Just different fields.

Reactions: pandavova

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nice googling skill you have

We fight fire with fire as we say :3

Says the guy who thinks its impossible to crack an operating system and then says that hes gonna crack it by using SE. Come on man, stop acting all tough. You're acting like a 10 year old who just discovered kali-linux and has it on a usb drive, you know, JUST INCASE HE NEEDS TO SHOW OFF HIS ELITE SKILLZ.

Oh wait, you might actually be a 10 year old since your profile says "Occupation: Gaming & School".

Simmer down and act like an adult.

Legendre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, if something cra** the SX OS it’s totally right because I think you can’t sell a piracy system you know? It’s inmoral but well...

Reactions: NeoSlyde

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't understand how anyone can doubt that the SX OS will be cracked. Whether or not it's a good thing to do is not even the question, but the idea that a multi-billion dollar company like Nintendo can make a proprietary console and have it hacked, but yet SX can make a payload that can't be hacked is funny.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand how anyone can doubt that the SX OS will be cracked. Whether or not it's a good thing to do is not even the question, but the idea that a multi-billion dollar company like Nintendo can make a proprietary console and have it hacked, but yet SX can make a payload that can't be hacked is funny.
Ever heard about Save Wizard for ps4?

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That's not at all the difference.

Cracking is the art of modifying the program in such a way to bypass certain measures, be that a license, anticheat, or etc. This is (usually) done in a disassembler, via ASM.

Hacking is (usually) remote, and is more in the line of exploiting vulnerabilities in the program itself in order to gain permission over it. While hacking can be similar to cracking, it's a different approach and uses different toolsets, and usually involves adding to the program, and not removing which cracking does very often.

Tldr, cracking would be removing the license check on a game, while hacking would be giving yourself infinite lives via a dll injection.

Brute force is cracking, while PIXIE-WPS would be considered hacking.

These have nithing to do with malicious intent or anything else. Just different fields.

Again, like I said, people have different definitions for what cracking is.

>Hacking is (usually) remote, and is more in the line of exploiting vulnerabilities in the program itself in order to gain permission over it.

Not necessary. Doesn't need to be remote.

>cracking would be removing the license check on a game

Or bruteforcing a password, or doing anything in order to bypass a security system, etc.

I mean't the term cracker, and hacker. In my CS class we had different teachers calling these different things. Some called them hackers, others called them crackers. That's why I said people have different definitions.

>Brute force is cracking, while PIXIE-WPS would be considered hacking.

We're on the same page, lol. Btw what field do you work in if you don't mind me asking?

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
That’s why they operate via resellers
+ I just need to activate the license and remove internet from my console anyway
Which doesnt answer the check in timer.

Every single time Ive made a program that uses a license check, it's always checked in every 48 hours. If it can't connect, it waits an hour and tries again. If that one fails, I invalidate the license program side, and when it reconnects, check the validity. If it's valid, I reauthorize. If its not, it stays invalid. Quite simple.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Every single time Ive made a program that uses a license check, it's always checked in every 48 hours. If it can't connect, it waits an hour and tries again. If that one fails, I invalidate the license program side, and when it reconnects, check the validity. If it's valid, I reauthorize. If its not, it stays invalid. Quite simple.
It contradicts TX faq recommending to stay offline

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I mean, I get what you're saying but it's possible to disable that stuff if you're crafty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time