Hacking Will Gateway 3DS work with Firmware version number 4.4.0-10U?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Yes, you will have to take one of your 3DS'es and send it to me. I'll keep it safe for you. :)

In all seriousness, you'll have to update your 2.2 3DS'es to a firmware from 4.1-4.5. You can do it via a ROM with that update with Gateway's firmware 1.0 (IIRC), or use a retail cart that has any of those updates. To see which games have which updates in 'em, check out Pong20302000's website: http://3ds.essh.co/

Any 3DS with firmware 4.1-4.5 will work on Gateway. Happy gaming! :)

If you are on a firmware lower than 4.1 you can't use a rom with Gateway to update because you can even get into Gateway mode. You need a retail game.

Kev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sorry if this was already talked about. I have a 3DS that has a ver 3.x.x firmware on it. Not up to date on the homebrew requirements I connected to wifi and it automatically downloaded the newest firmware. Knowing better I never installed it. So the question is....In order to get it to update to a safe fw version for the GW3DS should I format the 3DS to clear the newest fw download and then use a game to update it to 4.1-4.5? Once that update is Downloaded(not installed) can it be removed from the system. If I do a format do i lose all the 8 bit games Nintendo gave out for free?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to get it to update to a safe fw version for the GW3DS should I format the 3DS to clear the newest fw download and then use a game to update it to 4.1-4.5? Once that update is Downloaded(not installed) can it be removed from the system.

Yes.

If I do a format do i lose all the 8 bit games Nintendo gave out for free?
Yes.

Kev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems that 95% of the games were on the sd card all except Zelda Four Swords. The persisting update has stopped so this must mean the update was saved to the card. If the update is on the card can I assume doing a physical cartridge fw update is going to be okay now? Or is the update still hiding in system memory? Should I format the 3DS system if given the option to just be safe? I see that the files on the sd card are unreadable . Has a way been found to extract and piece those back together? Possibly, delete the update and retrieve the games to move them back to the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-