ROM Hack Wild Pokemon Editor for Pokemon Black (EUR)

neltazero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. As you can see, I'm quite a new & inactive member of this forum, so today I decided to share a program that I create myself. A Wild Pokemon Editor.

Currently, the editor is capable of editing pokemon encountered in these location:

* Route 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
* Abundant Shrine
* Celestial Tower
* Challenger's Cave
* Chargestone Cave
* Cold Storage Outside
* Desert Resort Entrance
* Desert Resort Desert
* Dragonspiral Tower
* Dreamyard
* Dreamyard Basement
* Driftveil City
* Driftveil Drawbridge
* Giant Chasm Outside
* Giant Chasm Cave
* Giant Chasm Plain
* Giant Chasm Inner Cave
* Icirrus City
* Lostlorn Forest
* Marvelous Bridge
* Mistralton Cave
* Moor of Icirrus
* P2 Laboratory
* Pinwheel Forest outside
* Pinwheel Forest
* Twist Mountain
* Undella Town
* Undella Bay
* Village Bridge
* Wellspring Cave
* Victory Road
* Relic Castle

Notes:

* As of version 1.0.4, this program/tool now support both NARC and ROM. This means, for those who does not has any experience with NitroExplorer can now edit the ROM directly.
* I had not finished Pokemon Black, so I might made a mistake on encounters of some location. Please point out if you found any mistakes.
* I'm a beginner in programming, so if got any bugs, please do point out.
* I will also point out that this program was build using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7, so I have absolutely no idea if it works on older version of windows or not (95,98,2k,ME,XP,Vista). Please do test it and report here. Thanks.

These are the Pokemon that the alternate form is supported:

* Basculin
* Deerling
* Sawsbuck
* Burmy
* Wormadam
* Castform
* Cherrim
* Shellos
* Gastrodon
* Deoxys
* Rotom
* Meloetta
* Shaymin
* Giratina
* Darmanitan

Credits:

1. Drayano from Project Pokemon (I began my coding based on the information that he gave in one of the thread there).
2. Andibad from Project Pokemon(On the similar thread, I get the information on the different form of Pokemon from him/her)

Update:

v1.0.1 : Forgot to remove Pichu Alt. form from the Pokemon list.
v1.0.2 : More small changes. Change the "Dark Grass" to "Double Grass", add in instruction on how to extract the NARC (the one that this program work with) using NitroExplorer2b (don't ask me for it. Google it yourself), etc.
v1.0.3 : Some more small changes. This time it's more on cosmetic changes (all these small changes are proving that I'm a total beginner in programming. Gonna learn a lesson from these)
v1.0.4b: Well, the 'b' instead of v1.0.5 is because this update is an absolutely tiny update. Also, now I had tested the ROM and NARC support and had confirmed that it works (for me, at least)
v1.0.4c: The previous version cannot load Pokemon White. This version fix it.
v1.0.5 : Fix Bugs #2.

Bugs:
1. Found by Wyndamn: The size of NARC file changed after editing the file with the old version, followed by the new version of the tool. Status:Not fixed (unable to reproduce the same error). Link to the original post
2. Wild Pokemon Editor will not work for ROM that had been edited by KazoWar's Trainer Editor. Main reason is because the size of a/0/9/3 will change depend on number of Pokemon of the trainer, so the offset of the NARC will change accordingly. Will work on this problem.

Here's the file:
Mediafire Link for v1.0.5

Drayano

Trophies
XP
Country
I really like the look of this. As far as I can tell it's reading everything correctly, the loading times are quite fast and the actual interface is tidy and professional looking. You've done a great job here!

I didn't actually test it in-game but assuming it works, then it'll be fine for anything. Every single version of Black or White uses a/1/2/6 as the wild .narc, and since it edits the .narc itself then it should transfer into anything fine.

Out of curiosity, what programming language did you use to make this?

P.S: Glad I could help =p

neltazero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm just a beginner in this stuff, so kinda worry if the offsets are different for each region's rom. As for the language, I'm using C#, on Visual Studio 2010.

Any bug reports are welcomed and thanks for compliments.

neltazero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to version 1.0.4b. Now support both NARC and ROM. Also, is there any way that I can change the title of the thread? The program had been tested and work on both Black and White, so the current title is misleading.

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
on version 1.0.4c, in help window is still version 1.0.2?
biggrin.gif

neltazero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah!
laugh.gif
Forgot to update that because too many update in such short time. Anyway, please don't let that small stuff bother you. (And don't wanna make do another update because of such small thing)
wink.gif

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Drayano said:
I really like the look of this. As far as I can tell it's reading everything correctly, the loading times are quite fast and the actual interface is tidy and professional looking. You've done a great job here!

I didn't actually test it in-game but assuming it works, then it'll be fine for anything. Every single version of Black or White uses a/1/2/6 as the wild .narc, and since it edits the .narc itself then it should transfer into anything fine.

Out of curiosity, what programming language did you use to make this?

P.S: Glad I could help =p

Maybe c# or vb.net.... i don't know ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof