Homebrew wiiware wads

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you load the wads into showmiiwads you are extracting them to the nand right? by the sounds of it you are missing a trick somewhere. You have to set a nand backup path in tools first then create a common key then click on extract you should ne given a few options, to nand is the one you want

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i created a common key, the file is in the showmiiwads folder on my pc, is that right? i may have done it before i selected the nand location in showmiiwads...would that make a difference?

also, im not seeing extract anywhere...im just dragging wads into showmiiwads and installing. its then creating tickets and title files at my nand dump location on my pc. im then transfering the dumped folders to the root of the usb and putting the usb in the wii...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it's just as easy as that.

You don't need to install or copy the tickets manually, ShowMiiWads is doing all the job automatically.
You don't need to go into the "nand" part of the program to install a Wiiware, only to delete it.

Installing wad to NAND :
- Connect external HDD to computer.
- Start ShowMiiWads.
- Go to Options > Change NAND backup path : pick the folder where your nand is located (usually on the HDD/SD root so pick the drive letter), and click OK.
- Now in the current Main window, just drag and drop your .wads or a folder containing your .wad files, it will list the wads on your computer. (It acts as a file Manager so you won't need to look for your wads later)
- Right-click on the game you want to install to NAND, select Extract > To NAND.

That's all, no other thing is needed.
Connect HDD to wii and launch a Nand Emulator (Triiforce, MightyChannel, Sneek, etc.).

To manage your games on the emulated NAND :
- Connect external HDD to computer.
- Start showMiiWads.
- Options > Change NAND backup path : pick the folder where your nand is located (usually on the HDD root so pick the drive letter), and click OK.
- View > ShowMiiNand (there maybe a few seconds of "inactivity", it's analyzing the NAND content).

Delete :
- Right-Click on the game you want to delete and select Delete.

Backup savegames :
- Right-Click on the game you want and select Savedata > Backup (it will create a "SaveDataBackups" folder on your ShowMiiWads folder)

Restore savegames :
- Right-Click on the game you want and select Savedata > Restore (Available only if there's a backup)

PS : I'm doing it directly on the emulated NAND, so I don't need to copy the folders afterward.
PS : Don't use wad2nand, it is buggy.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
mrpinkeye said:
where do they get saved to? my SD card is full...can they be saved to the console?

actually...i have 6gb of wiiware wads so id never be able to keep them on my 2gb sd card anyway! can they be installed/loaded from usb drive?
Ummmm....buy a larger sd card and just move them from the system to the sd card once it's installed. you can buy a 16gb sd card for about $35 now anyways.

metal079

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEY EVERYBODY TRY THIS SITE IT HAS EVERY WIWARE WAD EVER MADE. try this
yaywii.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Clarky :
Hit the report button instead of quoting the link, you are copying the link in your own post
rolleyes.gif

Or at least do like PPSainity, edit the wrong part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it