Homebrew wiiware wads

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
where do they get saved to? my SD card is full...can they be saved to the console?

actually...i have 6gb of wiiware wads so id never be able to keep them on my 2gb sd card anyway! can they be installed/loaded from usb drive?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When installed wads get saved to the nand. If you make a nand backup you can run it from usb either using mighty channels or uneek

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You may want to look at the many options available in NAND emulation:
  • TriiForce: VC/WiiWare launcher that launches channels that are installed on NAND or NAND emu.
  • SNEEK/UNEEK: SNEEK allows you to Emulate your complete Wii NAND from a SD Card or USB Device. This can give us several advantages - Backups/Multiple NANDs: Have as many different NANDs as you want! And every one of them can contain different settings and content (including save files, installed channels, ...)
  • uLoader: Version 4.9A includes NAND emulation for saves, DLC and Wiiware / VC new CIOs, and forced Ocarina Video.
Just to add, just because you have so much WiiWare doesn't mean that you have to have them all "installed" at the same time... You could always archive them on a USB Drive as WADs and install them to your Wii as you play through each one separately...

-[]D

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
  • TriiForce: VC/WiiWare launcher that launches channels that are installed on NAND or NAND emu.
  • SNEEK/UNEEK: SNEEK allows you to Emulate your complete Wii NAND from a SD Card or USB Device. This can give us several advantages - Backups/Multiple NANDs: Have as many different NANDs as you want! And every one of them can contain different settings and content (including save files, installed channels, ...)
  • uLoader: Version 4.9A includes NAND emulation for saves, DLC and Wiiware / VC new CIOs, and forced Ocarina Video.
-[]D

um...whats the easiest to use!? im a total noob

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mrpinkeye said:
PPSainity said:
-[]D

um...whats the easiest to use!? im a total noob
Well how hard each one it will depend on you. I have provided links to the Complete SoftMOD Guide entry for each, take a look at them and read up on how to install and run each. That way you can determine which one you might be more comfortable using. Personally, I think they all are equal in terms of difficulty, but I do have a preference to UNEEK as it has benefits above just running WiiWare like practically bulletproof USB Loading and the peace of mind knowing that your Wii's actual NAND is for the most part isolated from being screwed up.

-[]D

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
right, im trying triiforce...

iv got to the stage where i have a ticket folder and a title folder ready, iv used the batch method to get the bits from several wads

where do i download triiforce? is it just the .dol file that i need?

ok. im assuming i get the triiforce's .dol file (and i got the image file too)

iv put them in SD:/apps/triiforce

then i put the ticket and title folders on usb

load triiforce from HBC and then find the games from usb

am i right?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mrpinkeye said:
...where do i download triiforce? is it just the .dol file that i need?

ok. im assuming i get the triiforce's .dol file (and i got the image file too)

iv put them in SD:/apps/triiforce...You can get the HBC Files (boot.dol, meta.xml & icon.png) from the Google Code Page >here

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That is correct, yes. Pretty much all homebrew comes with 3 files that have to be placed on your SD card (or USB drive) as follows:
SD:\apps\nameofhomebrew\boot.dol

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, trying to use "simple" dumper now

im changing the ios to 249 as it says to but i get

exception ios error/stack dump/code dump

nm-i had my HDD plugged in still, unplugged it and its now doing a dump !

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
argh!!!

ok so i got the dump and all the folders i needed. i copyed the folders to the usb drive. i used the wad2nand program to get the tickets and title files for my wads.

iv got mighty channels and triiforce both working in HBC but...

i cant see the files in mighty channels after selecting usb nand...only some other random boxes

and triiforce gives me the exception dsi occured message after selecting usb nand and it crashes

help please!

btw, the games should work, iv checked the list but iv just tryed downloading images in mighty channels and its not finding any, which makes me think its not seeing the ticket and title files i made
frown.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...you're getting closer.
smile.gif

I must say that I don't know wad2nand, but judging by the title, it sounds like it installs wads on your nand (=the hard drive of the wii). You obviously don't want that, as you don't have enough place there.
To install wads to your emulated nand (in other words: to the folders you put in your USB-drive root), you can use showmiiwads. Just point it to your USB root drive, and it'll show what is on that emulated nand. To install wads, you can just drag 'n drop wads in the window (it'll give an option to install them).

Downloading images in mighty channels (or triiforce MRC) is completely optional. Having them won't make the games themselves run better or worse. Those 'random boxes'...don't they have the names of your wiiware in them? (some may just have the abbreviated name - four or six characters that mark the actual ID of the wiiware).

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was originally following the triiforce guide, then heard about mighty channels. mighty channels guide said i could sort my wads by wither wad2nand or showmiiwads.

all wad2nand was doing was making ticket and title files for wads in batchs...but i dont think its done it very well (maybe!?)

so with showmiiwads do i do any converting? or do i keep .wad files in the root of my usb and it plays them from there? do they have to be installed or can they be played without installation (i think maybe wad2nand would let me just play without installing, again i could be wrong)

the few boxed i have in mighty channels say things like "gamecube **" and "neogamma **" and "homebrew **" (**=im not at home right now so cant check for sure)

i assumed these were created when i did the nand dump, should they not be there?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recomend Uneek + Di with Snort 48+ for managing channels.
It has 100% compatiblity the games use their "original way " of loading.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what is showmiimods for?

im using it now. i aimed the showmiinand option to where i have the tickets and titles i created on my pc and it finds them!

must be a problem with mighty channels?

iv even pointed showmiinand to the usb drive and it finds them!!! the other channels i was finding in mighty channels were old ones iv since deleted like gamecube backup and neogamma, usb loader etc. so its finding things from the nand, but not my wads
frown.gif
iv taken them all off now and only put in the new tickets and titles i created but mighty channels is saying "no files found"

iv now followed the steps to converting the wad IN showmiiwads and it extracts to the usb fine but still "no titles found" on mighty channels...

bad dump?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be your cios, what version are you using? rev 17 has the best compatibility from my experience

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have no idea! i followed mauifrogs guide for softmodding on wiihacks.... does that heLP:

sysCheck v2.1.0b6 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.0/4.1E (v54450)
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 62108067
Boot2 v3
Found 80 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 1294): NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1807): NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS34 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 3608): NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS38 (rev 4124): NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS43 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS45 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS46 (rev 3607): NAND Access
IOS48 (rev 4124): NAND Access
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS55 (rev 5663): NAND Access
IOS56 (rev 5662): NAND Access
IOS57 (rev 5919): NAND Access
IOS58 (rev 6176): NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): NAND Access
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[38] (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v65535

OH....(rev 6176)??? is that it?

Clarky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
according to it you have rev 17 installed, you have copied your full nand dump to the root of your usb hdd?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
1) Copy the NAND dump to your PC from SD and navigate to its PC location with Showmiiwads by changing the mode to Showmiinand and changing the backup path (there maybe a few seconds of "inactivity").

2) Open your folder with WADS in, slect the ones you want and drag them to the Showmiinand screen. You should see a number at the bottom of the screen with "Install" and "discard" Click install

3) When its completed, copy all the NAND folders back to SD/USB root

Try launching MightyChannels again

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok...i'll try this way but im pretty sure iv done this twice already...

1st i used wad2nand to create the ticket and image folders for the wads, i then manually went and placed them in the image and ticket folders created by the nand dump-this didnt work

2nd i used showmiiwads to prepare the wads, and again manually added the ticket and title folders to the nand dump-this didnt work

i'll give this a go but isnt it just doing automatically what iv done manually twice?

whats really annoying me is that mighty channels is finding other things saved in my nand dump (gamecube backup, neogammer, usb gx etc) which are all channels iv since deleted. they also show up in showmiiwads still too...but the only thing mighty channels wont show/find are the wads im trying to transfer! they show in showmiiwads when i aim it at the usb with the dump loaded on it but as soon as the usb goes in my wii they disappear!

lookin at the list in showmiiwads the wad games are IOS55 and IOS56, none of the others use these IOS...does that mean anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol