Gaming Wiiu Zelda Breath of the wild possibly Leaked already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amingo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So there's no difference between grabbing the latest update from NUS vs installing the Venom update then letting the game update itself on Wii U?
Then now it's possible/safe to delete de initial update and let the game update by itself?

I can't say if its safe for sure but i'd think so. In their NFO VENOM even suggested to get the update straight from your console (as a possibility) and i'd assume they know what they are suggesting here :D

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
So there's no difference between grabbing the latest update from NUS vs installing the Venom update then letting the game update itself on Wii U?

No difference.

Then now it's possible/safe to delete de initial update and let the game update by itself?

Not quite, the on-disc update is still needed. NUS download just rolls it all into one, Venom is the CLEAN disc update, which then gets topped off by an online patch. If you have nothing but the game files I believe you'll get that error message stating a system update is needed.

I could be wrong though and Nintendo may be offering the full update through the Wii U now, not just the 156mb patch.

Just download the clean disc update, and then the small 156mb on Wii U, or download it all rolled into one.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
No difference.
Not quite, the on-disc update is still needed. NUS download just rolls it all into one, Venom is the CLEAN disc update, which then gets topped off by an online patch. If you have nothing but the game files I believe you'll get that error message stating a system update is needed.

I could be wrong though and Nintendo may be offering the full update through the Wii U now, not just the 156mb patch.

Then, if i delete the original update thet requires CFW, should i...

Install Venom Update then Install NUS Update?

Install NUS Update?

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country

Install NUS Update?

Either/or. I did the first way just to see if the Wii U still prompted a 156mb update, and it did. This time around though it installed fine.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Install NUS Update?
It uses the same title id so if you install the new one it will overwrite the old files.
You can just install the NUS version since it's more recent and possibly has more fixes.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude just uninstall the old update (2,2gb), get the NUS one (2,3gb) and install it :D
Either/or. I did the first way just to see if the Wii U still prompted a 156mb update, and it did. This time around though it installed fine.

Haha thanks!

Mi Wii U is still under warranty aside of being a gift, so i'm being as cautious as possible ^^U

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
It uses the same title id so if you install the new one it will overwrite the old files.
You can just install the NUS version since it's more recent and possibly has more fixes.

They're both the same. Venom is just a clean disc update, so it can be updated fine. NUS just includes the 156mb patch already. Both v1.1.0 of the game.

YannSy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So can I say byebye to sigpatch/Cfw after installing this new update?
I want to go full offline.
I have the game and the ~old~ update ( 2.2GB )
Im already playing the game but I was told to run sigpatch everytime before launching the game.
My concern is that the browser will get rid or nintendo doing something with it.

What do I have to do? Install the 156mb over or delete the old one and get this 2.33gb update?
I'll be able to play without the cfw/sigpatch? I'd like to remove the wifi completely and just play the game without worries.

Amal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have the update with utik, but if I try to copy to my phone windows says some files propeties wouldnt be copied, is this OK?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im already playing the game but I was told to run sigpatch everytime before launching the game.
My concern is that the browser will get rid or nintendo doing something with it.

What do I have to do? Install the 156mb over or delete the old one and get this 2.33gb update?
I'll be able to play without the cfw/sigpatch? I'd like to remove the wifi completely and just play the game without worries.
just edit the installed game and update's meta.xml to make them region free

Amingo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Browserexploit is really obsolete as of today. You can get certain Nintendo DS Virtual Console games and install haxchi with this. That way you can start anything without having to be online ever again.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country

You either need to install the venom disc update, and let your Wii U download a 156mb update to further patch the game. Or, download the update through a NUS application like UTikDownloaderHelper which has the 156mb included and install it.

The old on the disc update will NOT update with the 156mb patch successfully. Wii U kicks back an error.

Reactions: Amingo

Amal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So last question, it's safe to install utik full update without uninstalling the previous right?
Even if I installed the previous under Mocha?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I deleted the fake tik update and successfully applied the Venom one, but now when I press the icon, the game launches and the main menu says v1.0.0 - the Wii U isn't prompting for the 156MB update...

Amingo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I deleted the fake tik update and successfully applied the Venom one, but now when I press the icon, the game launches and the main menu says v1.0.0 - the Wii U isn't prompting for the 156MB update...

I believe the VENOM update IS the v1.0.0 and not v1.1.0 so this should be alright. You shoul get the small update though. But in any case just deinstall the update again and get the NUS one. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols