Hacking [Tutorial] Play The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild in Latin Spanish on console EUR

Poroto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

Introduction

Because I live in Latin America but I own a European Wii U I have found the difficulty of being able to play the game mentioned in the Latin Spanish language. I found some modifications that can be made to achieve the coveted language in Loadiine, but at the moment Zelda BotW is unplayable in this for the exaggerated loading times.
Then I had to opt for the option to install it in the console applying the corresponding modifications. After trial and error, in addition to the Facebook user's suggestion "Neko Heber Pérez Iñiguez" to use FTPii U Everywhere, I managed to find the most practical way, in my opinion, to play this great game.
This is a Fix Languaje for de WUP Install version.

Requirements

• Any model of Wii U console.
  • That the console is in one of the following official Wii U firmware:
    • With 5.5.1.
    • With 5.5.0.
  • SD card with sufficient capacity to host Zelda BotW backup (16GB min.).

Necessary material

Process

• Download the game The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild in USA version and its Update using Wii U USB Helper.
  • The game will be saved on the route:
... DATA/USA/GAMES/The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9400]
  • The update will be saved in the path:
... DATA/USA/UPDATES/The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild [0005000E101C9400] (v33)
  • Copy both folders with their contents to the "install" folder located at the root of the SD used on the Wii U.
  • On the Wii U, run the Homebrew Launcher and access the WUP Installer GX2 to install both, the game and the Update. Once installed, if we open the game we will see that this is in English.
  • Re-enter the Homebrew Launcher (this time can be done from the Mii Channel) and run Mocha CFW. Leave the "redNAND" option to "OFF" but the SD will be formatted. This will execute the Signature Patch on the SysNAND. We wait for the Home Menu to reappear.
  • Make sure you have the Wii U and the computer connected to the same WiFi network. (We can also use programs like Baidu WiFi HotSpot to generate the network from our own PC).
  • Enter in the Homebrew Launcher again and this time run FTPii U Everywhere. We will be displayed on the screen of the GamePad an IP address with a specific port.
  • On the PC, open the program FileZilla and enter the aforementioned IP with its port in the space "Server" and click on the "Quick Connection" button. Now we can browse the files library of the SD, Wii U and USB.
  • In FileZilla, access the following path, in case the game is installed on the USB:
/storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/101c9400/content/System
  • There locate the file called "RegionLangMask.txt" and right click on it, choosing the "view / edit" option.
  • It will open the Notepad, or the plain text editor that is configured by default, displaying the following content (In the first three lines, text in Japanese may appear, depending on the encoding used):
# ƒVƒƒ [ƒv,Å,,,,,ƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ
# 1s-Ú,ªƒŠ [ƒWƒ ‡ ƒ ", ÆŒ¾Œê,̃tƒBƒ <ƒ ^ iƒXƒy [ƒX <æØ,èj
# JPja Us Us Us Us Us US Us US Us US Us EU US Us USl KRko CNzh TWzh
USen USes USfr
# 2s-Ú,ªRomTypeB2s-Ú,ª,È,¯,êγRomType,Í <ó • ¶Žš-ñ,É,È
US

• Modify the fourth line by leaving it as follows:
USes USen USfr
  • Save the changes and close the text editor. Then we will be displayed the following warning, in which we click on "Yes".
We can already enjoy The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild in Latin Spanish on our Wii U EUR without using CFW when it comes to playing it!

Why do we make these changes?

In my opinion, what makes the Wii U is to find the corresponding folder for each language configuration of the console from among those indicated in the document "RegionLangMask.txt". The EUR consoles look for the folder called "EUes" but because it does not exist in the game in US version, they end up presenting the default language, "USen". As in the mentioned document the folder "USen" is located first and because this is called "RegionLangMask", we can assume that there is the default selection order of the languages. Then we locate "USes" (Latin Spanish) first so that each time the console does not find the language corresponding to its configuration, run the Latin Spanish.

This way you can also modify the files to run other languages present in the game or add others that are not. For example, you could empty the contents of the folder "USen" and add the one in the "JPja" folder of a Japanese game to have the text in English and the voices in Japanese.

Sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish. Thank you so much.

Last edited by Poroto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM