Gaming Wiiu Zelda Breath of the wild possibly Leaked already

Status
Not open for further replies.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Porting a game to another system takes an experienced company like a month on average, with variance depending on how portable the game was written and optimization issues.

Nintendo decided to release BotW 1-1.5 years ago, so they put so much work on developing the Wii U and Switch versions side by side that neither is a real port, it's multi platform.

However both versions share a lot of the same art and other assets which means that they can't use the full potential of the Switch if they want to use the same ones in both versions.

Last edited by tNB,

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did it really?
I guess that just proves Switch was rushed
Well lets think back to when the last delay from the game happend. Back at the end of 2015 the release date for the game was 2016 and it stayed that way from about this time last year when they announced the game would be delayed again because it was getting ported to the NX (Switch name at the time). They might have started porting the game around maybe march, Wii U uses a different type or architecture than the ps4, xbone and Switch which means as easly as people can port PS4 and Xbone games to the Switch because the use similar architecture it might have not been the case with porting something from the Wii U to the Switch specially when the game in question pushes the Wii U to its limit. So they might have tried to optimize the Switch port as much as they could but had some (minor) issues with running the game at a higher resolution then it does on the Wii U and would explain why the game would run smoother when you're playing it on the switch as a handheld, because the resolution match the same as the Wii U. Is that the issue? ehh maybe not, i'm not really an expert but from what i've seen the switch might have been indeed rushed.

Salfay

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sad: i want wii u version. It has been a long time since a game hyped me like this.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same thing with twilight princess
IMO gamecube version is FAR SUPERIOR than wii version
I do remember there being slowdown in the GameCube version tho.

Eastern Hyrule Field (where you did the one horseback battle) and the large room in Hyrule Castle at the end.

Reactions: DarthDub

MasterSore

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure I'm right, but as a precaution and not to maybe ruin it for anyone.

You start off at The Plateau. The old man says is rumored to be the beginning of Hyrule, which would make sense for it to be in the WW timeline due to the dry land and that's why I think this game takes place long after spirit tracks.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure I'm right, but as a precaution and not to maybe ruin it for anyone.

You start off at The Plateau. The old man says is rumored to be the beginning of Hyrule, which would make sense for it to be in the WW timeline due to the dry land and that's why I think this game takes place long after spirit tracks.
They have new hyrule on spirit track. Why the hell would they go back to the old cursed Hyrule?

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
My local store just told me that they will be getting the WiiU version on march 2 but they already have the Switch version.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No. Just a lot of random people posting random stuff...like trolling

379880.jpg

Rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this frame rate on TV mode on Switch is a huge letdown. I think I'll get a WiiU to play it.
It's a port of the Wii U game, which is optimized for 720p, that is being upscaled to 900p. Why did people expect it to run smooth because it's new hardware when it's porting a game in only 1 year of work.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, on the TV, the Switch version runs like crap like the Wii U. If the Switch doesn't improve on performance I would rather have the map feature of the Wii U gamepad (a big plus for this type of games).
But wait... Nintendo removed the map feature from the Wii U version. According to Aonuma:

“We realized that having something on the GamePad and looking back and forth between the TV screen and the GamePad actually disrupts the gameplay, and the concentration that the game player may be experiencing.”

So I have a question... why the fuck did you even release the Wii U console?!?!

They removed the map feature of the Wii U version (the only justification for having that big gamepad on the console to begin with) so there is no advantage over the Switch one.
They have been talking about this Wii U game for 4 years now. Now suddenly they fuck up the original version to favor a port for their new console.

Way to go Nintendo, you just suck.

Reactions: FlappyFalco
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex