Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nds and n64 crash loadine when being run same way manny games with low size rpxs crash, loadiine still has some unsorted bug, just becuase is hirom doesnt mean it would work snes is very picky with their games its kind an hit and miss but still way better than n64 compat.
Speaking of n64. Do you have the vcs? I'm wondering if mystical ninja works with any of them. Game has issues in emus when using HDish settings. There are some ways around it but I wonder if Nintendo updated their emus to support it. Prob not :(

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Speaking of n64. Do you have the vcs? I'm wondering if mystical ninja works with any of them. Game has issues in emus when using HDish settings. There are some ways around it but I wonder if Nintendo updated their emus to support it. Prob not :(
nintendo made an ini for it but tbh i never tested it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you get extra "do whatever time", do you think you can test? If not, that's fine. Just curious. I want to get one that can play that game if possible.

So if anyone else can find out too? Thanks! If not, thanks anyway. :)
just tryed even with the ini file made by nintendo themselves the jap version doesnt boot same for the us and pal version so yah your out of luck sadly.

Reactions: EclipseSin

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
just tryed even with the ini file made by nintendo themselves the jap version doesnt boot same for the us and pal version so yah your out of luck sadly.
Same, I tested it a while ago.

Reactions: EclipseSin

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I want to play Perfect Dark EUR rom but it requires the Japanese ROM header to work. How can I change my rom header?
eur does not work even with jap header only ntsc version works with jap header, and perfect dark still lags abit dont expect extra smooth gameplay, you dont need to chnage the entire header, hopen U version of perfect dark and chnage the game id the last Leter from E to J.

Keylogger

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
eur does not work even with jap header only ntsc version works with jap header, and perfect dark still lags abit dont expect extra smooth gameplay, you dont need to chnage the entire header, hopen U version of perfect dark and chnage the game id the last Leter from E to J.
Open with what? an hex editor?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got Do-Re-Mi Fantasy and wolfenstien 3d to work with english patch by injecting on DKC

So yes the hirom fast rom or Low rom slow rom combos seem to be a thing for snes game compat besides the special chips.
I tested also with original loadiine: no luck.
How did you injected gba roms ? How you extracted them from alldata.bin ?
got zoop wokring on DKC btw.

Last edited by pedro702,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Apparently one guy changed the resolution of a NES VC title explained here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/very-small-tutorial-fixing-nes-vcs-screen-resolution.401087/

Are VC titles from the Wii U been decrypted already?
Do we have full access to the entire files inside a VC title?
they arent the same as wiiu VC games, the "ini" for wiiu NES VC games are stored i the rpx.....and is less straight forward than the 3DS config file where you can just change settings (ps changing the NES/GB VC resolution on the 3DS was done ages ago with GW :P)

Reactions: paulloeduardo

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since some of these are already available in Wii Mode (ex. Mario Kart 64) I can see why these work well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will this ever work for 5.5.0?

then show the example ;)

go back to the topic :
DS emulation runs standalone on the gamepad ? it behaves as a classical DS ?

is there any plan to put 3DS on virtual console ??
I doubt 3DS will ever come to Wii U since the NX will probably be BC with 3DS games.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since some of these are already available in Wii Mode (ex. Mario Kart 64) I can see why these work well.

Will this ever work for 5.5.0?

I doubt 3DS will ever come to Wii U since the NX will probably be BC with 3DS games.
1) Wii VC and Wii U VC are completely unrelated to each other. Totally new emulators in Wii U.
2) When a 5.5.0 kernel exploit is released it should have the same compatibility.
3) The Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii games, yet you can buy the Wii "VC" titles.. might have something similar with 3DS even if NX is backwards compatible.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Wii VC and Wii U VC are completely unrelated to each other. Totally new emulators in Wii U.
2) When a 5.5.0 kernel exploit is released it should have the same compatibility.
3) The Wii U is backwards compatible with Wii games, yet you can buy the Wii "VC" titles.. might have something similar with 3DS even if NX is backwards compatible.
I know it hasn't been confirmed but I'm pretty sure NX will be BC with 3DS and Wii U as well as 3DS and Wii U VC games like NES, SNES, N64, Wii, GB/GBC, GBA, and DS games.

I know Wii VC and Wii U VC games are compiled differently because N64 Wii U VC games are dimmer than the N64 Wii VC games but Wii U N64 games have support for rumble features (Stone of Agony in OoT) and the Ring Tournament mode in Mario Tennis.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alldata.psb.m seems to be a single "encrypted mdf" file. Meanwhile, alldata.bin seems to be made of various "encrypted mdf" files separated (padded?) by a bunch of zeroes.

While messing a bit with Minish Cap's alldata.bin (EUR) i did notice that the last mdf has a smaller zeroes block followed by some non encrypted strings like PSB (header?), "cafe.sound", PSB again, and then lots of:
.SE_BAR_BTN_FINISH.wav
.SE_BAR_BTN_ZOOM_IN_TOUCH_OFF.wav
.SE_BAR_BTN_ZOOM_OUT_TOUCH_OFF.wav
.SE_BAR_CANCEL.wav
.SE_BAR_CANCEL_TOUCH_OFF.wav
and then lots of data which seems to be delimited by zeroes and 0F-00. Has this been seen in other titles?
(Edit: Noticed this delimiting behavior on the Blank*.t64 files inside the "ini sins files.rar" pack)

Edit2: It seems that the minimum size for the "mdf" files inside alldata.bin is 2048 bytes with zeroes padding the rest.

Last edited by Pachee,
Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.