Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
we would really like if somone found a way to inject gba roms directly inside the alldata.bin that way we could make solo titles of gba injects for loadiine.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone have Donkey Kong Country 2 (compat list DKC 1, so hopeing 2 works) for SNES? I'm wondering if Chrono Trigger works injected (it's a HiRom iirc) before I buy it.
chrono trigger works on dkc 1 already lol see the compat list all dkc games are hi rom and 4mbs, btw i advise getting snes vc on loadiine with rpx injections since then you can have saves and save states separated for every game no problem :P

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
chrono trigger works on dkc 1 already lol see the compat list all dkc games are hi rom and 4mbs, btw i advise getting snes vc on loadiine with rpx injections since then you can have saves and save states separated for every game no problem :P
Right, I was going to actually buy DKC 2 though if it also worked for injection (since i could dump it myself), instead of 1. I like 2 in other words. I just didn't know if it had any patches in the emu that dkc 1 didn't need that might break some games, such as chrono. So figured id ask in case someone had it. idk much about the extra chips and modes (like mode9) and stuff, so dont know how any of that affects other games and what not.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
alldata.psb.m seems to be a single "encrypted mdf" file. Meanwhile, alldata.bin seems to be made of various "encrypted mdf" files separated (padded?) by a bunch of zeroes.

While messing a bit with Minish Cap's alldata.bin (EUR) i did notice that the last mdf has a smaller zeroes block followed by some non encrypted strings like PSB (header?), "cafe.sound", PSB again, and then lots of:
.SE_BAR_BTN_FINISH.wav
.SE_BAR_BTN_ZOOM_IN_TOUCH_OFF.wav
.SE_BAR_BTN_ZOOM_OUT_TOUCH_OFF.wav
.SE_BAR_CANCEL.wav
.SE_BAR_CANCEL_TOUCH_OFF.wav
and then lots of data which seems to be delimited by zeroes and 0F-00. Has this been seen in other titles?
(Edit: Noticed this delimiting behavior on the Blank*.t64 files inside the "ini sins files.rar" pack)

Edit2: It seems that the minimum size for the "mdf" files inside alldata.bin is 2048 bytes with zeroes padding the rest.
I believe it isn't simple to decrypt and recrypt in this format right? I too hit a wall in fornt of these mdf strings.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe it isn't simple to decrypt and recrypt in this format right? I too hit a wall in fornt of these mdf strings.
Well, I was thinking it might be similar to what some other companies do, where it's just one big file with lots of smaller files inside, which are also compressed and/or encrypted (duh right?). So you could probably use something like quickbms to make it "as simple as decrypt and recrypt", if the algorithm or file format was figured out (to properly edit the alldata file), but may still need other tools for the mdfs files themselves.

Seems like that is what they are doing to me anyway. But I dont know about the mdf files. None of the mdf files I know match it. The two I know, one is a type of ISO, the other is a database file.

Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some questions:

I need to have some legit VCs, correct? If so I assume the method is to spoof into the e shop and buy them using WUP installer etc. It says that the WUP install is permanent, should I be worried about that? I just don't want to be blocked out of playing Zelda U if it ever comes out.

For GBA, I have Metroid Fusion from Club Nintendo rewards. Will that work the same as Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for injecting? Or will I have to buy that game.

For SNES and N64 I plan on buying one of the Donkey Kong Countries (2+ ok/works the same?) and DK64 respectively. For NES, Punch Out seems to be the popular choice. What's the best DS game for this?

Last edited by Link'sSpiritualAwakening,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Some questions:

I need to have some legit VCs, correct? If so I assume the method is to spoof into the e shop and buy them using WUP installer etc. It says that the WUP install is permanent, should I be worried about that? I just don't want to be blocked out of playing Zelda U if it ever comes out.

For GBA, I have Metroid Fusion from Club Nintendo rewards. Will that work the same as Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for injecting? Or will I have to buy that game.

For SNES and N64 I plan on buying one of the Donkey Kong Countries (2+ ok/works the same?) and DK64 respectively. For NES, Punch Out seems to be the popular choice. What's the best DS game for this?

for nes,snes and gba you dont need to have real VC titles you can use loadiine, for nds and n64 you need real titles because they dont work on loadiine.

Also no idea why people are worried about spoofing, im not.

Last edited by pedro702,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
for nes,snes and gba you dont need to have real VC titles you can use loadiine, for nds and n64 you ned real titles because they dont work on loadiine.

Also no idea why people are worried about spoofing, im not.
Wait you can boot NES, SNES and GBA games through Loadiine?
How? o.o

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was thinking it might be similar to what some other companies do, where it's just one big file with lots of smaller files inside, which are also compressed and/or encrypted (duh right?). So you could probably use something like quickbms to make it "as simple as decrypt and recrypt", if the algorithm or file format was figured out (to properly edit the alldata file), but may still need other tools for the mdfs files themselves.

Seems like that is what they are doing to me anyway. But I dont know about the mdf files. None of the mdf files I know match it. The two I know, one is a type of ISO, the other is a database file.
There are inflate(), deflate() and zlib references inside the unpacked rpx and also it seems to hold a password.
Code:
........__preinit_user...............MX8wgGEJ2+M47.......alldata.bin.alldata.psb.m...
That is where i am stuck now. It seems that zlib is not supposed to support passworded files and it seems a bit weird that they would choose to save a decryption key that needs padding instead.
I was trying to find any possible unpacking/decrypting routine with IDA but it only give me struct/illegal declarations/entry point errors when loading via ppc executable.

Probably unrelated but they are also using this tiny VM on the VC: http://sourceforge.net/projects/squirrel

Last edited by Pachee,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I load a snes rom via loadiine?. I want to run Zombies ate my Neighbours but I presume somehow I need the whole content to play it via loadiine etc.. so how do I go about getting the whole content of a rom of the net? I have also extracted the whole contents of my Snes title of my wiiu via fsa to the lappy but how do I inject the snes rom into it to play that way via caffine? actually I cant even see the rom in the contents to swap?

Last edited by Reecey,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How do I load a snes rom via loadiine?. I want to run Zombies ate my Neighbours but I presume somehow I need the whole content to play it via loadiine etc.. so how do I go about getting the whole content of a rom of the net? I have also extracted the whole contents of my Snes title of my wiiu via fsa to the lappy but how do I inject the snes rom into it to play that way via caffine? actually I cant even see the rom in the contents to swap?
you need to convert the rpx to elf, inject the new rom then repack back to rpx

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are inflate(), deflate() and zlib references inside the unpacked rpx and also it seems to hold a password.
Code:
........__preinit_user...............MX8wgGEJ2+M47.......alldata.bin.alldata.psb.m...
That is where i am stuck now. It seems that zlib is not supposed to support passworded files and it seems a bit weird that they would choose to save a decryption key that needs padding instead.
I did actually get past that step and managed to get alldata.psb.m all decrypted and decompressed, I did stop at the .bin though cause things got weird with it. The tool I used as a codebase was called exm2lib from here. Maybe some day I'll continue on it but its all really confusing and very lengthy code.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does this mean we can have goldeneye for wiiU that isnt the jap version?
no... its the same VC emulator nintendo made lol what works is still the same.

the diference is by making it individual on loadiine each game has its own save and such and you boot them directly and dont need to inject anything just the sd card.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
no... its the same VC emulator nintendo made lol what works is still the same.

the diference is by making it individual on loadiine each game has its own save and such and you boot them directly and dont need to inject anything just the sd card.
I wonder if 64 mb roms would work on n64 now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...